PDA

View Full Version : Flank bonus question

picantes pantelones
31-10-2006, 03:31
In the new rules it says... when charging in the flank...yadda yadda... you get plus one combat resolution. The question is does this bonus only apply to the round when the unit gets charged in the flank or does the bonus stay until someone runs or is destroyed?

Thanks.

Goq Gar
31-10-2006, 04:07
Well, another bonus is when you have the flank, they get no rank bonuses. (very useful against skaven... very useful indeed)

However when I play we always say you get +1 Combat Res for having a flank. If you had 2 flank units, you'd get +2, etc.

mageith
31-10-2006, 05:13
However when I play we always say you get +1 Combat Res for having a flank. If you had 2 flank units, you'd get +2, etc.
As long as you know it's a house rule.

"The bonus is only applied once, regardless of how many flanking units are involved in the combat." (38)

mageith
31-10-2006, 05:17
In the new rules it says... when charging in the flank...yadda yadda... you get plus one combat resolution. The question is does this bonus only apply to the round when the unit gets charged in the flank or does the bonus stay until someone runs or is destroyed?

The bonus applies as long as the conditions are met (38) and the enemy has not turned on you. (46)

The conditions are a unit of 5 US or more is in your enemy's flank and you have more flank attacks than your opponent in the same combat. (38)

Tutore
31-10-2006, 13:35
Yes, it works also in the second round of combat, if you still have a unit of US5 on the enemy's flank (the unit could lose models due to combat and then be no more US 5 at the moment you count the combat resolution).

Shaitan
31-10-2006, 15:52
What if the US of the flank-charging unit is 6 and during combat the US it is reduced to 4.

Does the unit that gets charged in the flank, regain it's rank bonuses for CR, or not?

I would say not, because rank bonuses are counted in the beginning of the CC phase, and then the ranks where being negated because there was US 5+ in the flank. It doesn't matter that the US of the unit in the flank now is reduced to 4. In the following turn however, the unit that got charged in the flank, regains it's rank bonuses.

Am I seeing this right or not?

mageith
31-10-2006, 16:30
You are correct.

Shaitan
10-11-2006, 07:20
Sorry for recalling an old thread.. but in the situation I described above, is the flank bonus from the flank-charging unit lost as soon as the US is reduced to less than 5?

So to summarize: it is possible to negate rank bonuses (by charging with US5+) and still not have a flank bonus (because US is reduced to less than 5)?

Tutore
10-11-2006, 08:26
Both bonuses are given at the end of the combat. So it doesn´t really matter.

Shaitan
10-11-2006, 09:23
No Tutore, you're wrong on that one.

I don't have the rulebook at work here, but I know prety sure that rank bonuses are given at the beginning of a combat.
I don't know for sure how this works with the flanks bonus, since it is related somehow to the rank bonuses.

Flame
10-11-2006, 10:14
Rank Bonus is counted at the beginning of each close combat phase.

Say, for example that an infantry unit of was charged in the flank by 5 cavalry models. Somehow, the Infantry manage to kill 3 models, taking the flanking unit down to US4.

Now, the flanking cavalry would NOT get their extra +1 to CR from charging to the flank (as they are not US5 when the bonus is calculated). However, the infantry unit still does NOT get its rank bonus, as at the start of the combat they didnt have any ranks.

Festus
10-11-2006, 11:06
Hi

Correct.

Festus

Shaitan
10-11-2006, 11:22
Thanks.

I allready thought that it would be this way.
Just needed a confirmation to be sure.

Tutore
10-11-2006, 14:18
You should be right then. I'll go back to my rulebook!

Flame
10-11-2006, 22:58
You should be right then. I'll go back to my rulebook!

That would be wise before you give incorrect answers :rolleyes:

intellectawe
11-11-2006, 05:18
Hello

That would be wise before you give incorrect answers :rolleyes:

Exactly,

intellectawe

Festus
11-11-2006, 07:10
Hi

Exactly,

intellectawe