PDA

View Full Version : The MOST ridiculous 5oo pts army ever!

Morentez
31-10-2006, 11:05
My friends tomb kings force idea... and it contains a casket in 500pts! :wtf: :cries:

He has minimised everything
and i think it goes a little like this

Heroes : Prince and Priest (with the casket
Core : 5 cavalry archers and 1 swarm

We told this to a games workshop employee at Salute 2006 and he called my friend th sickest most unfair individual he had ever met!

Your feedback on this force please (note i need to know how to kill it in 500pts!)

Scythe
31-10-2006, 12:34
Hmm, play dwarves? 4 DD should be enough to stop the casket from going of (who cares about the other incantations; the troops they can be used on are worthless). Even if not, Ld9 should mean you're fine.

Pretty funny tough. But then TKs generally suffer like hell in low point games.

ardude
31-10-2006, 12:46
the 2 sickest armys I know are:

skaven:
3 warlock ingineers(fully kitted), storm deamon, eye of the horned rat
2 times 20 clanrats with banner

vampire counts:
3 necors(level 2) with book of the arcan, power vemriliar
2x10 zombies
OR
1x10 zombies 1x10 skellies ( don't know the point cost exactly)

Goq Gar
31-10-2006, 12:59
Sounds like a legitimate idea, and I'd do it too! O.o

Alathir
31-10-2006, 14:14
Phh, that would get beaten so damn fast. Take on anything with at least a decent leadership value... send some fast cavalry at the casket, kill the priest and voila. victory is yours.

Necro Angelo
31-10-2006, 14:20
Yeah it does'nt sound all that impressive to me... maybe against goblins or skaven, but then you're so vastly outnumbered that any form of panic is the only way you're going to win.

Avian
31-10-2006, 14:22
maybe against goblins or skaven
Are you kidding? Against horde armies the Casket tends to achieve very little.

I simply cannot see that 500 pt force work consistently well.

The Thnikkaman
01-11-2006, 01:37
Doesnt a casket require a liche high priest (lord) to man it? They wouldn't be able to take it anyway in 500 pts...

Scythe
01-11-2006, 06:46
Nope, it can be used by normal liches as well. Which is usually better anyway. You don't want your hierophant liche high priest to be stuck on an altar where he can't put his 2 high level incantations to maximal effect. Plus it would be screaming 'target me' even more as a standard casket.

Griefbringer
01-11-2006, 09:53
I would not be too afraid of that force - the only scary thing is the casket and liche combo, and that is rather vulnerable: all you need to do is to kill the liche, and the casket is gone (and since he is the hierophant, the core units would also be at risk of crumbling a bit). Save your dispel dice for the casket, and it won't be going open all the time (even 2 dispel dice have a chance of keeping it down).

Since the prince would be on foot and with no points left for magic items, he would be rather vulnerable, and five skeletal mounted archers is not really something to be mightily afraid of.

Fast and aggressive cavalry force should be able to reach the casket and hack the liche priest to pieces. Trying to take him down with missiles would be more difficult (since the casket would absorb 2/3 of hits, and the rest beign split between the priest and the guards). A horde army of big units of cheap infantry (like skaven or goblins) could be able to march all the way to the casket and absorb any casualties caused by it - the only thing they would need to worry would be the skeleton archers hitting their flank.

Revlid
01-11-2006, 10:11
See lists like these (and the ones below) are the reasons I believe Border Patrol rules should be strictly enforced in 500 Point games. With a big stick.

Morentez
01-11-2006, 10:12
hehe my dwarves it is :D

Just at the time i was doing a beastman army so with ld 6 -7 you can see why i panicked :S
Also my chaos knight could take it easily huh?

Thanx

BlazeXI
01-11-2006, 12:38
I remember the sickest 2000p army I heard of was during the 4th edition. A now GW Emploee has fielded an Orc Warboss on a dragon acompanied by 5 giants. It was the time when you needed at least 25% of your army in troops and maximum 50% in characters and maximum of 25% in monsters.

Giants used to be in Mobs (troops) section, you know... and they had cost 200 points, not 205.

andy10k
01-11-2006, 14:47
Or when people take DoW with 2 dragons in 2k, thats even sicker.

Embytep
01-11-2006, 17:06
My friends tomb kings force idea... and it contains a casket in 500pts! :wtf: :cries:

He has minimised everything
and i think it goes a little like this

Heroes : Prince and Priest (with the casket
Core : 5 cavalry archers and 1 swarm

We told this to a games workshop employee at Salute 2006 and he called my friend th sickest most unfair individual he had ever met!

Your feedback on this force please (note i need to know how to kill it in 500pts!)

My feedback? It is illegal. You need at least two core units, right? Tomb swarms don't count towars this, so he'll have to replace it.

Revlid
01-11-2006, 17:11
Or when people take DoW with 2 dragons in 2k, thats even sicker.

:wtf: How? The only way you can get Dragons in DoW is through Asarnil, and he's a RoR, a 0-1 choice, a one of a kind, a named character.

Scythe
02-11-2006, 06:17
My feedback? It is illegal. You need at least two core units, right? Tomb swarms don't count towars this, so he'll have to replace it.

Tomb swarms do count towards core. They're only 0-1.

How? The only way you can get Dragons in DoW is through Asarnil, and he's a RoR, a 0-1 choice, a one of a kind, a named character.

You can do it with high elves tough...;)

StormCrow
02-11-2006, 06:26
i thought you were limited to one character choice in this level of game, or is that only with border patrols?

Either way i think most armies could take it pretty easily.

the most ridiculous 500 point list was the 200 man goblin horde, but those days are gone

Griefbringer
02-11-2006, 07:52
i thought you were limited to one character choice in this level of game, or is that only with border patrols?

Only border patrols.

As the way army books are written, the restrictions on characters/special/rare are the same for anything from 1 to 1999 points - leads to strange situations when going for games less than 1000 points, though.

Scythe
02-11-2006, 08:18
Pretty much. The game and army books are written with 2000 pts armies in mind. Once you take very small or large games the rules become shaky at best.

gortexgunnerson
02-11-2006, 12:50
If you play beastmen just rip the **** lots! Take 4 chariots one with character in to lead it. Then move your chariots backwards so that you cannot see his tomb of souls. Its not like his light cavalry can attack you they are so poor in combat it isnt true.

When in charge range turn round. He's unlike to kill anything with 1 light of death. plus you have 2 DD or parhaps a scroll cadie as your character. Then ram the git and wipe his army out. Similar tactic to the khorne chariot idea to stop you charging.

Im pretty sure the tomb souls works on your line of sight and not the liche priests so this will mess him up. Havent got the book on me so might be wrong. Similarly take 2 abushing herds and hide the rest of your army behind a wood till his army is dead

andy10k
02-11-2006, 13:37
:wtf: How? The only way you can get Dragons in DoW is through Asarnil, and he's a RoR, a 0-1 choice, a one of a kind, a named character.

Probably didn't make it clear...

..i meant when people take Dogs of War (e.g a High elf player) and get asarnil, then take a lord choice on a dragon themselves.

10th clancannach rangers
02-11-2006, 21:55
The hardest 500pt army ive seen is just any sylvania army, those grave markers are disgusting in 500pts

squiggoth
02-11-2006, 22:57
See lists like these (and the ones below) are the reasons I believe Border Patrol rules should be strictly enforced in 500 Point games. With a big stick.

My Border Patrol lizardmen are generally considered Very Unpleasant at the local club (yes, BP allows three Salamanders :p), so we just use regular 500 pts. rules and this thing called "human restraint". ;)

For the record, my lizard list is

Skink Shaman

3 Salamanders

Loads of Skinks
______________+

500 pts., perfectly silly rock-paper-scissors list. I even wrote fluff for it. :D

With normal (non-BP) 500 pts. armies I can swap two Sallies for a Skink Hero (my second hero), which tones down the list's power level considerably.

Krusk
02-11-2006, 23:17
Hmmm, couldn't you run a chaos dwarf army and load up on naked Hobgoblins? after getting two minimum sized chaos dwarf units of course. :)

squiggoth
03-11-2006, 19:01
What's nasty about Hobgoblin MSU?
Earthshakers are waht makes Chaos Dwarfs nasty, Hobgoblins alone won't do much.
Except against an army of sleeping Halfling, whom they'll butcher. ;)

DisruptorX
04-11-2006, 14:29
vampire counts:
3 necors(level 2) with book of the arcan, power vemriliar
2x10 zombies
OR
1x10 zombies 1x10 skellies ( don't know the point cost exactly)

Oh wow. Assuming your opponent isn't fielding fast cavalry, that sounds evil. I'm going to try that out! :)

ardude
04-11-2006, 14:50
you will just keep ur unit with necros behind another:
example
Z=zombie N=necro

ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZ
* less than 1" appart*
ZNNNZZ
ZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZ

or just take 1 zombie units and get some gouls :)

Scythe
05-11-2006, 06:46
Of course, there's also the big chance that at least one of your necros ends up with gaze of nagash.

Krusk
09-11-2006, 15:40
Ah, but who said it had to be MSU? you could get some good sized units going, and still have a earth shaker. Remember, they are about 2 points, with fairly average stats save ld, and the odd animosity failure. Sure they don't have good equipment naked, but the stats and the sheer volume of them is nice. And, you could jam in a earth shaker too.