PDA

View Full Version : stand shoot/shields

Rune of Death
31-10-2006, 16:33
if i chose to stand and shoot with my thunders can i still use my shield's in close combat that same turn? i seem to rember something i read in 6th ed. saying i could not, but i can't find it in the new rule book. :confused: maybe i'm not remembering it correctly, or it was a house rule at the local gaming store.
thanks.

Avian
31-10-2006, 16:38
There is no such rule and has not been one since at least 3rd edition. :p

Rork
31-10-2006, 16:38
Yes, the firing of their weapons and the use of their shields are in no way linked. Only if you are trying to use a two-handed close combat weapon can you not use a shield.

(You'll notice that most of the ranged weapons make no reference to using two hands ;) ).

Crazy Harborc
31-10-2006, 19:45
Shooting at incoming chargers and fighting them in HtH occurs in to different phases.

Just a slight aside here. Black Orcs armed to da teef......do they get a timeout before HtH starts? I mean.....they DO have to decide what parts of their arsenal to use for the HtH phase:evilgrin:

Gorbad Ironclaw
31-10-2006, 19:47
(You'll notice that most of the ranged weapons make no reference to using two hands ;) ).

Do any of them? Since it happens in different phases it's really a redudant statement, and I can't remember having seen it on any range weapon. Of course, it also means that BSBs can use range weapons(mostly magical ones, as they don't have the option for anything else).