PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Chosen Knights of Doom!!!

Seraph Lore
31-10-2006, 17:11
I'm just wondering how people deal with these guys in small points games...

I play Ogres, VC, and DE and have not been able to kill them...

Edit: These are 1000 pts battles btw...

Von Wibble
31-10-2006, 17:44
Depends how small.... Most of the time I wouldn't even try to kill them. They are expensive - cheap diversion allows me to put the rest of my army into dealing with whats left of his...

With WE and HE, I have Eagles and the Knights frenzy. The result is a very expensive enemy unit that spends its time chasing a 50pt Eagle. Of course it is then possible to bait the unit so it is hit in the flank. If this happens you only need to kill 2 models to (most off the time) break the unit.

With Empire, I have cannons and a helblaster. If that fails then there's still potential to use cheap detachments and huntsmen to divert the knights - its just that they will die unlike the eagle. Rod of Command can also be a nasty surprise.

With TK in larger games I would use the casket. I don't have any experience below 2500pts though and think they could struggle in smaller games.

Ogres get Gnoblars and trappers to do the same as the empire army.

VC get banshees and spirit hosts. What more do they need. Fell Bats, Dire Wolves and ghouls (who can of course flee charges) are also very useful.

Seraph Lore
31-10-2006, 17:48
Argh!

Ethereal...

Well that solves the VC Problem!

Thanks man, totally spaced that.

dragonmage
15-11-2006, 10:07
yeah i played against vc with around 1000pts of khorne. his spirit hosts charged them in the side just before i was about to charge his generals unit. the spirit hosts died from CR after about 3 rounds and i still won. but it would of been over sooner if it wasnt for the etherial. other then that they still not been killed. took down a giant.

Gutlord Grom
15-11-2006, 12:00
Oges? See if you can bring in a Gorger Close by.
Dark Elves?Hydra, maybe, not sure of points cost.

T10
15-11-2006, 13:01
Vampire Counts: Two vampire thralls with great weapons and wolf form.

Dark Elves: Beastmaster with Manticore. Charge the flank.

Ogre Kingdoms: Buy a real army.*

-T10

*) Yes, I know they have an official army list and all, but 1000 points is just too little!

Wings of Doom
15-11-2006, 16:40
Shooting? Take a bolt thrower or two (if you can). Skinks in big enough numbers would do OK, and are reasonably good baiters (fast, skirmishers). Try sitting 1.5 inches in some water infront of him- if he gets close enough he's got to charge you, but he can't charge through the impassable terrain so he just stays where he is for the rest of the game. Cheap, but funny and playing to his disadvantage.
If you can't do either of those, bait and distraction units. Skirmishers are good, Flyers especially so- just get him to charge behind your lines, flee, then run him along the board. Keeps him out of combat if you do it right, so that third of his army just chases your cheap-ish flyers around.
Fast(er), extremely killy characters could work- a Scar Veteran with the charm of the jaguar warrior, Huanchi and a great weapon, for example, or the already mentioned Wolf-Thralls with great weapons. Skaven assasins with the brass orb, or warpstone stars.
Also maybe your normal cavalry killing unit- Ironguts, Dragon Ogres, other stuff with gerat weapons... Giants, even. If you don't die, you bring some smackdown, and if you do, you might fall on 'em.

Latro
15-11-2006, 16:46
Try sitting 1.5 inches in some water infront of him- if he gets close enough he's got to charge you, but he can't charge through the impassable terrain so he just stays where he is for the rest of the game. Cheap, but funny and playing to his disadvantage.

So you're trying to say that because they're frenzied, they have to charge the Skinks if they can ... but can't so they're stuck all game.

... do I need to point out the flaw in this logic? :D

16-11-2006, 01:11
having them charge into trees is always fun even if the get you they are stuck out of combat for at least 2 or 3 turns