PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy- unsure.

Omegakai
31-10-2006, 22:38
The new o&g book states that I can now mount my savage Orc big bosses on chariots.
The savage Orc is frenzied dose this make the chariot frenzied?
And the rules say that frenzy now affects mounts dose this mean that the chariot (and all its models) are also affected by frenzy?

Atrahasis
31-10-2006, 23:52
/me gets popcorn. This should be fun.

(To try and be a little bit helpful, yes, I think it does. Others however think differently.)

TheWarSmith
01-11-2006, 00:38
That's an interesting one. Seeing as the chariot is treated almost exactly like a mount, i'd have to say yes.

metro_gnome
01-11-2006, 00:51
the answer is yes...

kaldour
01-11-2006, 02:35
Meaning, of course, that the animals dragging it get +1 attack... you don't get +1 impact hit :).

mageith
01-11-2006, 02:46
The new o&g book states that I can now mount my savage Orc big bosses on chariots.
The savage Orc is frenzied dose this make the chariot frenzied?
And the rules say that frenzy now affects mounts dose this mean that the chariot (and all its models) are also affected by frenzy?

Unofficially and indirectly the designed team has responded:

"I have heard back from the Design Team on the Frenzied Steeds /
Mounts question, the Hatred Filled Steeds / Mounts question and the
Turn to Face questions arising from the 7th edition rulebook.

#1 Every portion of a model with multiple parts gains +1 attack if
the model as a whole is Frenzied.

#2 Every portion of a model with multiple parts gets to re-roll
missed hits in the first round of combat if the model as a whole has
Hatred of the enemy.

#3 Regarding the option under Redress the Ranks / Free Manoeuvres on
page 46, A unit can turn as long as it does not reduce the number of
models in contact. While it does not allow a turn where the run will
reduce the number of models in contact, it will at least allow a unit
to turn in some situations (as opposed to never as the rule is
currently written).

BF"

Festus
01-11-2006, 07:47
Hi

"I have heard back from the Design Team on the Frenzied Steeds /
Mounts question, the Hatred Filled Steeds / Mounts question and the
Turn to Face questions arising from the 7th edition rulebook.

#1 Every portion of a model with multiple parts gains +1 attack if
the model as a whole is Frenzied.

#2 Every portion of a model with multiple parts gets to re-roll
missed hits in the first round of combat if the model as a whole has
Hatred of the enemy.

#3 Regarding the option under Redress the Ranks / Free Manoeuvres on
page 46, A unit can turn as long as it does not reduce the number of
models in contact. While it does not allow a turn where the run will
reduce the number of models in contact, it will at least allow a unit
to turn in some situations (as opposed to never as the rule is
currently written).

BF"
This at least seems like reasonable ruleswriting and it looks as if it makes sense ... it can't be from the GW Games Designers now, can it? :angel:

Who is this *BF* ?

Festus

T10
01-11-2006, 10:22
Bilo "Burro" Fernandez, I think.

Anyways: The mounts (boars) become frenzied due to the character. The remaining Orc becomes frenzied due to the Boars.

It is true that there is a silly debate on how Frenzy affects models with multiple components. The most easily implemented approach is the natural one, that each component gains +1 attack.

-T10

Festus
01-11-2006, 10:38
Hi

It is true that there is a silly debate on how Frenzy affects models with multiple components.
No, there is a silly rule how frenzy affects models with multiple components (just líke the free manoeuvre in combat, I might add)... :)

The debate is just a symptom of the flawed rule, and it would've been so easy to write the rule properly... :(

Festus

inq.serge
01-11-2006, 11:13
What about Juggernaut chariot, does each bloodletter gain an attack (2 attacks each) and each Juggernaut gain an extra attack (3 each) ?

metro_gnome
01-11-2006, 11:28
the answer is also yes...
so a Khorne chariot with extra jugger... 10 attacks @ WS5 S5... plus impact hits...

mageith
01-11-2006, 13:35
Who is this *BF* ?

Is the FAQ Keeper for Direwolf, or was until about a week ago. First name is Brian.

Autobot HQ
01-11-2006, 15:03
I just had a horrid abuse thought from that models-reform rule.

In theory (And I dont play chaos so it isnt my plan to do this..), could someone charge on a chariot, straight forward into a unit, with the beserker blade, then freely reform, as the same number of models are in combat, to gain extra multiple attacks??

Ouch :p

TheWarSmith
01-11-2006, 17:00
berzerker blade and chariot is a NASTY combo. Same effect that the dragon gives the zerker, but 1/3 the points.

Autobot HQ
01-11-2006, 18:14
actually it'd have the potential to be worse, as under the rules you could turn the chariot onto its side-angle (same number of models in combat) and pretty much double it's frontage. Daft vs. some armies as it would allow more attacks against it, but vs. others and units with a wide frontage would allow you to gain something like 5-6 attacks.

dragonmage
07-11-2006, 14:37
actually it'd have the potential to be worse, as under the rules you could turn the chariot onto its side-angle (same number of models in combat) and pretty much double it's frontage. Daft vs. some armies as it would allow more attacks against it, but vs. others and units with a wide frontage would allow you to gain something like 5-6 attacks.

well technically thats not true. although there is the same amount of models in base contact (i.e. 1 model, the chariot) there is less able to attack because horses cant attack to the side when on a chariot. correct me if im wrong though.

i would like clarification on this as im a chaos player and like the sound of it hehe

Festus
07-11-2006, 16:20
Hi

The rules don't allow the turn at all ATM, but I'd really not allow the chariot to turn to its flank: It may turn to its front though, as this somehow makes sense... :eyebrows:

T10
07-11-2006, 16:55
Since turning the chariot so that the enemy faces its flank instead of its front will bring the steeds out of the combat. Keeping with the idea that the +1 Attack for frenzy is applied to each component, it is not unreasonable to consider the steeds "models" in this context.

-T10

DeathlessDraich
07-11-2006, 17:20
Can the chariot really be turned in this way?
Surely changing a frontal combat into a flanked combat is against the rules

Highborn
08-11-2006, 05:43
Not if it brings more of your own models into the fray. The problem here is, while it brings more enemy models in, you lose a steed from combat. Good idea, but no.

NakedFisherman
08-11-2006, 13:59
Since turning the chariot so that the enemy faces its flank instead of its front will bring the steeds out of the combat. Keeping with the idea that the +1 Attack for frenzy is applied to each component, it is not unreasonable to consider the steeds "models" in this context.

-T10

It most certainly is unreasonable.

1. Turning the chariot may still result in more models in contact.

2. If you consider the steeds 'models' (which the rules never make mention of and is entirely fabricated) then if a character were to kill all enemies in base to base contact (assume he got a rear charge or a charge on a single-ranked unit's flank) the steeds would not be able to fight if they had a lower initiative (and that is without mentioning impact hits).