PDA

View Full Version : funky ogre mount

TheWarSmith
01-11-2006, 00:34
not sure if this conversion would be possible, but wouldn't it be cool to have a tyrant riding

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/esquig.htm

Dtrik
01-11-2006, 00:39
Wow, I'd love to see that! Actually it wouldn't be too hard. Simply get the squiggoth bare obviously. For the tyrant you'd have to have a strong cutting implement and see if you could cut the lower part of the legs off and mount the upper part of the tyrant on the squiggoth. For legs you could probably keep the lower part of the legs but have them bent and joined to the torso but some GS. It could be done if someone is willing to put in the time and effort. If you're going for it than good luck, I'd love to see some pics!:D

namfoodle
01-11-2006, 04:25
Actually I remember seeing someone at Conflict Vancouver who had done just that but unfortunately there army is not one of those featured on the events coverage site:(

Revlid
01-11-2006, 10:21
I'd probably sculpt on some fur (gets cold up in those mountains) but yeah, it looks cool!

Tymell
01-11-2006, 10:51
Definitely a nice idea, if you go for it I'd love to see piccies :D

As for the rider, could you perhaps get one of the Ogre Rhinox riders, also by Forgeworld, and tool him up to make him more tyrant-like (the Thunder Lord comes to mind)? Might prove easier than all the conversion that would be required on an actual tyrant model, although it would also depend on the scale I suppose.

wookie
01-11-2006, 17:44
It's too small for an ogre mount...it's a little bit larger than an orc boar (I've seen it used for a feral orc mount and is about the right size for an orc!).