PDA

View Full Version : DAMMIT, GW stole my colour scheeme!

Reflex
01-11-2006, 01:53
DAMMIT!!!!

i have been collecting eldar for about a year and a half and GW stole my colour scheeme.

my craftworld, Mon-Iyen, has this colour scheeme: http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/40k/eldar/painting/craftworld/guardians/popup.htm?images/4lg.jpg

which happenes to be Altansar's scheme.

i know they didnt steel it, but thats not the point, the point is now everyone will think my eldar are Altansar's, when theyre not!..

has this happened to anyone else? or is it just my luck that GW would decide to use warlock purple...

i bet its my luck, i cant roll very well, i am still waiting for half of my eldar stuff to come through, i still havent got this months issue of WD, some bastard tryed to stell the rear windscreen wiper off my car... oh wo is me.

Chem-Dog
01-11-2006, 01:56
The worst I've had is GW raiding my brain for Character Names, it happens all the time.... I guess that they have the same reference books as me ;)

BodhiTree
01-11-2006, 02:03
When I was twelve, I was going to take the U of the Ultramarines and make an Omega Chapter. But that wasn't very original, so I couldn't get even slightly miffed at it. Now I think it's a bad idea. :)

Nabeshin1106
01-11-2006, 02:09
I feel that a lot of ebay people took my Tau scheme. Before i sold my army, I hadn't seen any other blue armies, but now everytime i go on, it seems that 50-75% of them are blue! I keep mistaking armies for my own!

The Dude
01-11-2006, 02:42
I think the painting guide in the codex puts that as Red Gore.

In 2nd ed. I came up with my own Blood Angels Chaplain, whom I called Mordread, the Ragemaster (please remember I would ahve been like 15 at the time ;)), and put him as the Chief chaplain in charge of the Death Company. Then we get Lemartes in 3rd. I liked my guy better though :D.

Hellfury
01-11-2006, 02:59
I also use that scheme as well, so its not truly totally original.

SisterMordagg
01-11-2006, 03:52
The guy who was stealing your rear wiper was from GW.

They needed a new one for...

Oh jeez, I got nothing.

Reflex
01-11-2006, 04:42
The guy who was stealing your rear wiper was from GW.

They needed a new one for...

Oh jeez, I got nothing.

no thats just some of the crap luck in my life right now... there is a huge dint in my paint work now! :mad:

who steals a wind screen wiper of a toyota for crying out loud, its not even a good car, i mean really...

i have decided i am gonna paint strip all my models and do a alitoc style paint scheeme, with a stipple effect, should look good but will take some time with a few hundread guardians.

Randallw
01-11-2006, 06:08
GW stole my entire chapter

Come from a perpetually dark deathworld - check
Marines worship death - check
Colour is mostly black - check
symbol is a skull - check

still it is nice for my chapter to be official and have a backstory :)

ss_cherubael
01-11-2006, 07:19
that really sucks and them stealing your scheme was pretty bad too. i actually have a friend who had a whole mini idea stolen by a gw store, he bought a dp the day the new mini came out and gave it wings and two axes one from the minatour and one from somewhere else (he did this in store btw) and the next week we go back and low and behold whats sitting in the display case, but the exact same mini with a better colour scheme. told the manager about it and he said it belonged to a casual who said he had seen him make it and loved the idea. immitation is the greatest form of flatterey

Ravenous
01-11-2006, 09:09
Actually that isnt Altansars colour scheme that is a huge typo the colour scheme for altansar is actually kaelors.

who arent shown for some reason.

Altansars colour scheme is black suits, bone guns, and neon seafoam helmets.

A neutral shade of black.
01-11-2006, 09:15
has this happened to anyone else? or is it just my luck that GW would decide to use warlock purple...

Yep - my Tash'var Tau were using Shadow Grey with Codex Grey long before Codex: Tau Empire came out. Thankfully, Tau colours are camo and not sept-specific, but still...

McBain006
01-11-2006, 09:35
Meh, You think thats bad GW stole my whole idea for a new 40K race....

- Mainly Plasma based weapons including the 'Plasma Rifle', 'Plasma Carbine' and 'Burst Cannon'

- Skimmers for transports

- Communist outlook "all are equal... for the greater good....etc"

- Scout and special ops teams with 'stealth suits'

- Main squads called 'Warrior Squads'

- 'Shooty army' very poor in CC

- Railguns

All written in 2nd ed a few years before Tau came out lol

Lol knew I shouldn't have shown it to that GW staff member lol

(Yes I know they didn't really steal my ideas I'm not that crazy..... It's just funny really :D )

Shibboleth
01-11-2006, 10:14
I entered a Chapter creation contest at my local store, back when the new Codex was released.
They were Ice Blue, with a Black Trident as their symbol.

A few months later out came the 'How to Paint Space Marines' book
...and there were the 'Emperors Spears', identical to my 'Atlantean Brotherhood's' colour scheme (except for the white helmet, though my guys did have bone faceplates...!).

Although it was a massive coincidence, that noone would probably believe otherwise, I at least had official dating on mine preceding the book, being in the comp and all. :angel:

Blessed Knight
01-11-2006, 11:57
My chapter colours were ruthlessly used as the Grey knights new colours.

ended up repainting a few hundred shoulder pads because i was sick of people claiming my army wasn't WYSIWYG grey knights...

Tensor
01-11-2006, 12:50
who steals a wind screen wiper of a toyota for crying out loud

Someone who owns a toyota with a missing wiper?

RedShirt
01-11-2006, 23:14
Didn't happen to me, but rather my roommate. He had already painted up a good 60% of his army when they released the new Tyranid codex. I open it up and wouldn't ya know it, there's an army painted in almost a the exact same colour scheme as his (the shading was better, but other than that it was identical)
Man was he pissed off

pazshadow
01-11-2006, 23:22
Well, its the funniest thing, now that you mention it. I was perusing my new eldar codex, adn wouldnt you know it, the colour scheme they had for iybraesil was the same as mine! wierd huh? I had randomly picked that name from that pic in the old codex in the back of all teh craftwords in segmentum obscurus, and chosen hawk turqouise and white, mostly cause i always think turquoise when i think eldar. gave me a fright then i founf they'd done the same thing.