1 Cannon

1 Cannon

1 Mortar

RARE

18 Flagellants
- Prophet of Doom

Hellblaster Volley Gun

TOTAL : 2000pts

figure the elector count and BSB go into the swordmen unit, the warrior priest goes with the knights and the scroll caddy goes and hides in some woods.

Ok, so that's it, a few doubts though.

Should I maybe drop the mortar and 1 free company man for another handgunner unit?

EndlessBug
01-11-2006, 21:01
*bump*

no one?

Mephistofeles
01-11-2006, 22:07
I would drop the pistoliers and go down to 25 swordsmen, and take one more unit of knights instead. Drop the Speculum from the Priest too, he is a fighty character any way...

Consider that the new book will be out soon, and then I wouldn't think that the Helblaster will be a bit worse. Maybe remove it now, and not get used to the free happiness it grants?

Ah, and the Huntsmen, hmm, I don't really know about them, they don't seem to ever do anything, I used them in groups of 10, and they failed to kill even lone mages, since they almost always hit on 5:s and then wound on 4+, they seem to get 1-2 wounds through with a round of shooting, which is NOT worth 10 points each. Take more Handgunners instead.

EndlessBug
01-11-2006, 23:06
the huntsmen are there to just be pains... threaten war machines, an easy target i dont mind losing.

Pistolliers... I was thinking lovely harrassement unit in themselves, really dont want to lose him.

the priest and his speculum, he has 3 attacks with his sword, against unit champs etc he doesnt have to use it and wont, but if he comes up against a lord lvl char e.g. a chaos lord then he'll end up with 6 str 5 attacks with hatred, gonna cause some pain.

The swordmsne I understand though, thats 35 pts, a hellblaster removed and maybe 2 free companies.... 170 pts, could be a unit of knights

how about this?

LORDS

Elector Count
- Armour of Meteoric Iron
- Holy Relic
- Great weapon

HEROES

Captain
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Full Plate
- Banner of Sigmusund

Warrior Priest
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Barded Warhorse
- Vanhortsmann’s Speculum
- Sword of battle

Battle Wizard
- 2 Dispel scrolls

CORE

5 Huntsmen

10 Handgunners

5 Knights
- Inner Circle
- Champion
- Musician
- Standard
- Steel Standard

23 Swordsmen
- Champion
- Musician
- Standard
- Griffon Standard

9 Free Companies
- Detachment

9 Halberdiers
- Detachment

5 Knights of the White Wolf
- Standard
- Musician
- Champion
- Inner Circle

SPECIAL

5 Pistoliers

1 Cannon

1 Cannon

1 Mortar

RARE

18 Flagellants
- Prophet of Doom

TOTAL : 1999pts

Dispel Dice : 4
Dispel Scrolls : 2

showmydog
01-11-2006, 23:13
Ah, and the Huntsmen, hmm, I don't really know about them, they don't seem to ever do anything..... NOT worth 10 points each. Take more Handgunners instead.

March blocking. Since these guys can deploy close to your enemy they can stop your enemy marching, giving you more turns to shoot at him. They can also run into that woods where the scroll caddy is hiding and give him a scare, perhaps kill him in combat.

You could get away with a smaller unit of flagellants, they dont need ranks. They aren't about winning combat, they are the kind of unit you just chuck in front of a Khorne lord in a chariot and laugh...sure he'll kill 10 but there is 2 left. (coutercharge)

You really only have one solid block unit, it could be made smaller and the griffon standard is unecessary here. (3 ranks, outnumber, flank charge)
Either reduce the unit size or lose the griffon standard.(thats another 10 free company)
Again the battle standard with stubborn banner is redundant. You only have one unit that will be in range of the banner, that you care about. but they are already huge and will win due to detachments and size.
Having both banners in this unit is just silly.
The BSB could be justified if there was another largish unit around.
(20 free company standard, 110pts )

The Count does not need that much protection, he is an 80pt model and you have spent 75 defending him.(15 free company, duty:running away).
This is where victory points are easily lost.
If you are think of dishing out challenges, a wizard with VHS could easily replace the WP and save you some points...

Keep the pistoliers, in fact make it a unit of six(protect against panic) and give the Marksman a repeater pistol. This gives 14 S4 -2sv and 6 S3 attacks on the charge.

where does the elector count Kashan 'The Phoenix' Mennesen come from?
Why is he 'the phoenix'?
will this effect the units you take or the theme of your army?

In Earnest,

Matt

EndlessBug
01-11-2006, 23:37
the name was just a name... like to name my lords.

the lord is also my general so will lose VPs to that fact, it's not just the 80 pts, he's also my ld 9 guy.

but the BSB I see your point.

the flagelants... I like to make sure they survive, think i'll keep them at 18, reassures me that no matter what charges I can hold for at least 1 or 2 rounds.

I'll take a look at what I can shuffle...

looked and shuffled :

LORDS

Elector Count
- Armour of Meteoric Iron
- Holy Relic
- Great weapon

HEROES

Warrior Priest
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Barded Warhorse
- Vanhortsmann’s Speculum
- Sword of battle

Battle Wizard
- 2 Dispel scrolls

CORE

5 Huntsmen

10 Handgunners
- Marksman
- Hochland Long Rifle

10 Handgunners
- Marksman
- Hochland Long Rifle

5 Knights
- Inner Circle
- Champion
- Musician
- Standard
- Steel Standard

24 Swordsmen
- Champion
- Musician
- Standard
- Griffon Standard

9 Free Companies
- Detachment

10 Halberdiers
- Detachment

5 Knights of the White Wolf
- Standard
- Musician
- Champion
- Inner Circle

SPECIAL

5 Pistoliers

1 Cannon

1 Cannon

1 Mortar

RARE

18 Flagellants
- Prophet of Doom

TOTAL : 1999pts

Dispel Dice : 4
Dispel Scrolls : 2

showmydog
02-11-2006, 01:08
Already thats looking a lot better, the extra handgunners will serve you well.

I still disagree on the Count, i usually just take Full plate. But i guess it depends on who you play.

I guess i am biased towards adamantly avoiding spending points on characters.