PDA

View Full Version : Squig flight

xmbk
01-11-2006, 14:16
How far do squigs pursue and flee? It's frustrating me that I can't find the rule for this. Thanks!

g00nsta
01-11-2006, 14:34
sqiugs don`t flee if they Are broken in combat cause damage 12" surounding area and are removed

read orc and gobbo book under sqiug rules

Avian
01-11-2006, 14:41
Those with the Boiiing rule flee / pursue 3D6".
Squig Herds pursue 2D6", but cannot ever flee.

xmbk
01-11-2006, 14:43
So it's under Boiiing? Thanks!

woytek
01-11-2006, 14:44
3d6...............

xmbk
01-11-2006, 19:43
Ok, just got home to read Boiiing. The sentence that states they move 3d6 also says that they are moved in the Compulsory movement phase. It seems a bit of a stretch to apply this to pursuit and fleeing. Base movement is not directly applied to pursuit for any other unit, why Squig Hoppers? Is there a rule somewhere else clarifying the 3d6 pursuit, or is this merely another example of O&G randomness being applied to the army's rules as well? :rolleyes:

Big Boss Gerblash
01-11-2006, 20:01
Always is always for me, that is what boing! says! most common roll on 2d6 is 7 which allows 3d6 flee/pursue move. I think 3d6 is likely to be equal to or higher than 7 even more often than 2d6 ;) .

tangerinealtoid
01-11-2006, 20:28
3d6...............

But, do they flee and pursue 3d6, rolling separately each per model, or just once for the whole unit?;)

woytek
01-11-2006, 21:05
But, do they flee and pursue 3d6, rolling separately each per model, or just once for the whole unit?;)

please don't :D

zak
01-11-2006, 22:48
You have obviously not seen the other thread on the movement of Squigs.:D

It would appear there are two factions.

a. Individually.
b. As a group.

The O+G book describes the moving of Squig Hoppers in the plural meaning one move for all. This interpretation seems the best as the Squigs would otherwise be moving very slowly per turn as your bound to roll very low for atleast one Squig per turn.

I hope this clears the matter up.

Avian
02-11-2006, 08:37
Ok, just got home to read Boiiing. The sentence that states they move 3d6 also says that they are moved in the Compulsory movement phase. It seems a bit of a stretch to apply this to pursuit and fleeing.
Why? The unit has no other movement speed listed, so why would they not pursue and flee 3D6"? It is much easier to make a case for them pursuing / fleeing 3D6" than 2D6".

xmbk
02-11-2006, 12:54
The same sentence that says they always move 3d6 also says they move in the compulsory movement phase. Do you want to make the argument that they pursue and flee only in that phase?

As for their listed movement speed, every unit has one. But it's not the speed they use for flee & pursue movement. It just so happens that SH movement happens to be the same as one of the possible pursuit moves in the BRB. But what if it was 2d6? As has been stated, 2d6 would average '7'. Should 2d6 pursue 3d6 then?

While I'll agree that it's easiest to make a case for them using 3d6, I'd prefer the rules stated it clearly. If you say it's clear, then I say it's clear they only ever move in compulsory movement.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I am frustrated with the emphasis on RAW from a company that uses the "17 monkeys in a room to create Mozart" theory of game design.

Avian
02-11-2006, 13:15
The same sentence that says they always move 3d6 also says they move in the compulsory movement phase. Do you want to make the argument that they pursue and flee only in that phase?
I am not sure what you are trying to say. I certainly have never tried to argue any such thing.

As for their listed movement speed, every unit has one. But it's not the speed they use for flee & pursue movement. It just so happens that SH movement happens to be the same as one of the possible pursuit moves in the BRB. But what if it was 2d6? As has been stated, 2d6 would average '7'. Should 2d6 pursue 3d6 then?
What has that got to do with Squigs? They do not have 2D6 listed as their movement. We are discussing the merits of oranges in juice and you start to argue about apples. Who cares about apples? They are not the subject of this debate.

While I'll agree that it's easiest to make a case for them using 3d6, I'd prefer the rules stated it clearly. If you say it's clear, then I say it's clear they only ever move in compulsory movement.
Can you point out anywhere it actually says that they only move in the compulsory movement phase? Saying that apples can be used to make juice does not mean they cannot be used in pie.

I'm not saying it's perfectly clear, I'm saying that the only listed movement rate for Squigs with the Boiiing! rule is 3D6 and that therefore arguing that they should under some circumstances move 2D6 would be tougher, since that has no support at all, compared to some support for 3D6.

xmbk
02-11-2006, 14:56
Sry, my reply was not directed at you, Avian. Mostly I was venting. My main point is that the 3d6 is inference, not clearly stated under the rules. The compulsory movement and 3d6 are listed in the same sentence, which links them logically. That sentence clearly pertains to normal movement. Should they move 3d6 when they Waaagh? No, because the Waaagh rule overrides normal movement. The pursuit rule likewise overrides normal movement.

The 2d6 point was that movement and pursuit movement are not the same, even if the troop movement is listed as Xd6.

But I'm over it. Grabbing a slice of apple pie was a good idea. ;)

Omegakai
02-11-2006, 19:22
As they are listed as skirmishers dose that have any weight when working out an issue such as this?