PDA

View Full Version : Cult of Slaanesh?

silveryfox
01-11-2006, 17:01
Where is the rules for this?
I'm very interested in them, having only seen a few pics of them.
Can they take Greater Daemon?

TheWarSmith
01-11-2006, 17:04
http://stormofchaos.us.games-workshop.com/book/armies/default.htm

silveryfox
01-11-2006, 17:08
Thanks alot! Are they competetive?

TheWarSmith
01-11-2006, 17:12
Cults of Slaanesh are VERY competitive. Be aware though that some people will bitch about them, as they've been banned from UK GTs, but that shouldn't stop you at all.

silveryfox
01-11-2006, 17:15
I plan to use them for friendly games, since I never have really liked fantasy but likes the models for slannesh and dark elves, it seems like the perfect choice.

zak
01-11-2006, 22:54
People will bitch about them as they combine the shooting of the Dark Elves with the combat prowess of Chaos, not to mention the very nasty mounted Daemonettes!

TheWarSmith
02-11-2006, 03:50
Can't CoS take dark riders? If so, why would you ever take mounted daemonettes? Dark riders are FARRRR superior

chivalrous
11-11-2006, 17:20
Now that the Storm of Chaos lists have been illegalised from certain tournaments, what is the usual ruling regarding taking the CoS magic items (Blade of Spite, Heartstone of Darkness etc.) in a non-CoS Dark Elf tournament list?

(and by extension the treasures from the Albion campaign).

BlazeXI
11-11-2006, 17:52
Can't CoS take dark riders? If so, why would you ever take mounted daemonettes? Dark riders are FARRRR superior

Yes, they can, as special choice. For +10 points the unit may take the Mark of Slaanesh.

PS. Make sure to post a pic of the German Goody when you will have painted it!

Gorbad Ironclaw
11-11-2006, 19:01
Now that the Storm of Chaos lists have been illegalised from certain tournaments, what is the usual ruling regarding taking the CoS magic items (Blade of Spite, Heartstone of Darkness etc.) in a non-CoS Dark Elf tournament list?

(and by extension the treasures from the Albion campaign).

Depends on the tournament. Personally, I'd allow them(but then, I'd also allow some of the SoC lists, the CoP included). The WPS GT I'm attending next weekend allows them, but else you really would have to ask your tournament organiser.

Hopefully most will be sensible enough to let you use them.

As for why take mounted demonetts? Because they are very differnet from Dark Riders. They are faster, they are more resilient, they hit harder and they cause fear. The only thing is they can't flee. Perfect for combat light cavalry, less so if your looking for bait units.

Falkman
11-11-2006, 19:05
It would be really sad if the CoS magic items were forbidden to use in normal DE armies just because the CoS is forbidden (where it is forbidden), those items brought some much needed things to the DE magical treasury.

gortexgunnerson
12-11-2006, 12:15
I think the best thing about the CoS list is the annoited! Its a Dark elf character that is actually useful in combat. The think is a killing machine when you give it quickblood and a GW, strikes first at str7 for 29 or so points! Oh yer! Just dont bother with the draich of dark power, is completely over rated as a weapon! GW and quickblood combo is better and cheaper giving you points for other fun items.

If you feel particular nasty a unit of devoted lead by a annoited and a battle standard with a hydra banner give your front rank of 5 models 23 attacks if I remember correctly! Its Witch Elves on speed!

I build a CoS list as I had 60/70 witch elves for my dark elves so thought it would be rude not too. I think they actually play best as a dark elf army with more combat punch (provided by the annoited and a few other nasties). I think taking choas models such as knight or warriors just uses too many points up in a list were they are very short due to your characters being very pricey

EndlessBug
12-11-2006, 13:36
well IMO the knights are pointless, taking up 2 rare slots where you could have RBTs or unbreakable spawns. Who would take plain none chosen knights over these two choises?

Revlid
12-11-2006, 13:49
It would be really sad if the CoS magic items were forbidden to use in normal DE armies just because the CoS is forbidden (where it is forbidden), those items brought some much needed things to the DE magical treasury.

Yes, because Dark Elves had a great deficiency in Magical Items before that list. :eyebrows:

Falkman
12-11-2006, 16:36
Yes, because Dark Elves had a great deficiency in Magical Items before that list. :eyebrows:
Yeah, they did.
The items in the Dark elf army book are some of the worst magic items in the entire game.
Sure, there are a couple of good ones, but overall they are total crap.