PDA

View Full Version : Help against frenzy skaven army

Rakarth
01-11-2006, 19:07
Hi I play chaos and I'm soon facing my friends frenzy skaven army list (the clan pestilence army list or what its called) for the first time with chaos.
I was just wondering if there is anything special that I should included in my list (we play around 2000p) or something that i should absolutly ignore.
Also what what kinda tactics should I try to play against him and which marks should i include and how would i best go with Lord/heros and their equipment.

Skitter-Squeek
01-11-2006, 22:33
get two units that can flee and wont cost you much points. Run em up to all his frenzied units they all charge, you flee, he failed charges then you can Counter Charge... Just Beware the Plague Censor Bearers on your calvary units or anything of yours really, Cause they are quite nasty. they are also my favorite unit to field in a game.;)

HArd to Say without Seeing his list though... I am an avid skaven player so Good luck against my Fellow rat man.

showmydog
01-11-2006, 23:45
A lot of his units will be frenzied, meaning they have to charge, disposable units(marauders) and fast cav. will be very useful at setting up failed charges.
Look to hit skaven in the flanks, negate their ranks and reduce their leadership, easy as. Skaven are very good at running once they start.(a unit beaten in CC loses frenzy)

Avoid Khorne, not just because it is silly in general but because then you are frenzied too and will have trouble exploiting his frenzy.
Nurgle marks will be useful in countering his plague censer bearers. The mark of nurgle will protect you deadly knights from them.
Nurgle or undivided will probably be most appropriate.

I'm not sure how big this is but it is unlikely he will have much magic, unless its a 2K+ battle and hes not really playing to the theme.

Have fun,

Matt

meowser
02-11-2006, 04:33
to repeat the above; exploit his frenzy with marauder horsemen and cheap hound units. furies will be helpful for getting flank and rear charges as well

MoN isn't worth the pts for a better save vs. censer hits... bear in mind that all the frenzied units will be immune to fear

Rakarth
03-11-2006, 14:35
Got a fast queston: Does the wound caused by the cencor bearers count in the combar resultand is units/charcter completly immune to the effect

Blagrot Squigbreff
03-11-2006, 14:48
Does the wound caused by the cencor bearers count in the combar resultand is units/charcter completly immune to the effect

The wounds count for Combat Res and anyone killed by them can't strike back and no, nothing is totally immune - models with the Mark of Nurgle are harder to wound tho (Skaven army book pg 32)

ardude
03-11-2006, 15:34
get warhounds, lots of em, cost nothing but can totally controle his movement face

ardude
03-11-2006, 15:35
The wounds count for Combat Res and anyone killed by them can't strike back and no, nothing is totally immune - models with the Mark of Nurgle are harder to wound tho (Skaven army book pg 32)

red crasted skinks of the lustria army are immune :p

Blagrot Squigbreff
03-11-2006, 16:28
red crasted skinks of the lustria army are immune:p

LOL I should have guessed there'd be something that was immune - not that I've actually ever seen any Red-Crested Skinks (not sober anyway;) )

DeathlessDraich
03-11-2006, 16:28
As mentioned above:
1) Warhounds & Marauder Horsemen to lure. Knights and any ranked up strong hitting unit to ambush.
2) Furies, Mounted Daemonettes to set up flank charges.

In addition;
Nurglings and a large block of Plague bearers can hold up your centre.

A cheesy way to handle that army is 20 Screamers, Furies, DP and two Exalted Daemons but I wouldn't recommend it as fairplay.