PDA

View Full Version : A few Elf lists

silveryfox
02-11-2006, 01:47
Hi!
I haven't played fantasy since Dark Elves were new last edition, but now I'm very tempted and are planning to do all Elves armies as well as a Cult of Slaanesh. I haven't got the Wood Elves codex yet... but I have put togeheter a few lists for the other armies. I guess there could be a few errors and the exakt points is not correct, but I want general opinions if the lists could work or not. I haven't bought anything yet.

I haven't got the new rulebook either, is there changes to each armylist?

I have some weird thing for including lots of identical units because they look ace on the battlefield... and I also dislike armies with lots of models.

Dark Elves 1K
Beastmaster on Manticore

10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen

5 Cold One Knights
5 Cold One Knights

2 Repeating Bolt Throwers

High Elves 2k
Prince, goes with Swordmasters
Radiant Gem of Hoeth and Sword Master
-Heavy Armour

3* Commander each go with a unit of Silver Helms
-Loremaster
-Great Weapon
-Riding Steed with Ithilmar Barding

One with Jewel of the Dusk
One with Ring of Fury
One with Annulian Crystal

3* 5 Silver Helms
-Shields and Heavy Armour

5 Tiranoc War Chariots

24 Swordmasters of Hoeth
-Command
-Banner of Sorcery

4 Great Eagles

Cult of Slaanesh 2k
Druchii Anointed goes with Cold Ones
Lv. 2 Sorceror
-Cold One
-Not sure what to give him...

Noble Battle Standard with Hydra Banner goes with the Devoted
2 Lv.2 Sorcerors, not sure what to give them...

10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen

19 Devotees of Slaanesh
-Command

5 Cold Ones

2 * 6 Mounted Daemonettes

5 Furies

3 Repeater Bolt Throwers

Cult of Slaanesh 3k
Keeper of Secrets

Druchii Anointed goes with Cold Ones
Lv. 2 Sorceror
-Cold One
-Not sure what to give him...

Noble Battle Standard with Hydra Banner goes with the Devoted
2 Lv.2 Sorcerors, not sure what to give them...

10 Crossbowmen
10 Crossbowmen

19 Devotees of Slaanesh
-Command

9 Cold Ones

2 * 6 Mounted Daemonettes

5 Furies

4 Repeater Bolt Throwers

The Dark Elf army is something to start with, then I will evolve it into Cult of Slaanesh.
The High Elf army is supposed to be a Hoeth Strike force, using lots of Flank Attackers and mobile threats. Even though there is only lv.1 wizards I think they can throw out alot of magic, but then again it was a few years since I even thought about fantasy.

I think I have seen a conversion of a Carnosaur with wings for a Manticore, which I thought of copying but can't find the picture now... someone who knows?

showmydog
02-11-2006, 02:28
Hmm....

WHo is your general in the 1K DE list>
The beastmaster can't be.

I have little experience with high Elves.

The Cult Armies look pitiful.
Although you may like playing small armies, they rarely work.
One unit of devoted, not enough, better to get 2 of 15 or so.
2 Bolt throwers is generally enough for 2K
The Hydra Banner is overkill, 80 pts for 5 more S3 attacks is also a waste. Better with th knights.
The Army is about 2500pts
Two units of mounted daemonettes is ridiculous.

The 3K is again quite silly

thanks,

matt

silveryfox
02-11-2006, 05:49
ooowww, ridiculous and silly.. guess I need to get a better look at the lists then.

Slayerthane
23-11-2006, 17:36
I like your attempt at a fighty yet magic heavy HE list. Unfortunately, I don't think it will work since Loremaster only gives you a lvl1 mage and under the new rules they can only use power dice generated by themselves or dice taken from the common PD pool which is just 2. Also you can't wear armor if you want to cast which means they will die pretty easily in combat if put with the silver helms. I think the combo on the prince is fine, but I would take two commanders instead give them each a ring, and then take a lvl 2 mage for additional magic support.

Alternatively you could go for some nasty anti-magic by using the loremaster on each commander just to generate dispels and to be able to take arcane items for shutting down your opponents magic phase. I have been toying with a similar list in each case, I think would be fun and very doable with HE.

As for the Prince, a combo I was thinking of was Radiant Gem, armor of the gods and dispel scroll. Alternatively you could do Radiant Gem, armor of protection and jewel of dusk to allow him to use 2 PD generated by himself.

Fhoen
23-11-2006, 18:41
tbh i don't like the He list... if u want to go for magic, go full out in magic , cus once in cc u can't cast spells anymore... and then u're screwed as well cus u don't have decent armour... the idea is great tho...
but that's about it for me ... altough i'm not a expert either...:p so don't blame me :p

Arhalien
23-11-2006, 18:47
Corret me if I'm wrong but aren't all those commanders carrying more than 50pts of magic items? Honours do count towards magic items allowances unfortunately.

Mephistofeles
23-11-2006, 19:16
Not to be racking down on ya now, but I think all those lists seem to have a lot of actuall "cheating", or at least obscene amounts of beardyness...

I like the Cult of Slaanesh 2k list the best, but it seems to have too few models?

Fhoen
23-11-2006, 19:22
Corret me if I'm wrong but aren't all those commanders carrying more than 50pts of magic items? Honours do count towards magic items allowances unfortunately.

nope u're right :cries:

Arhalien
23-11-2006, 19:27
nope u're right :cries:

I made the same mistake when i started. hehe, commander with helmof fortune, guardian phoenix and swordmaster. That was the monstrosity I managed to create:D .

Fhoen
23-11-2006, 20:29
the only mistakes i ever made was using 2arcane/armour items...

Arhalien
24-11-2006, 10:07
the only mistakes i ever made was using 2arcane/armour items...

Another mistake I've only jsut found out about. Nto that bad as i've only started playing regularly a few months ago.

Fhoen
24-11-2006, 11:30
hehehe... well i started playing around 8years ago .. with a pause of 4years... and now i'm back in buisness baby :P