PDA

View Full Version : Time Spiral

Kohhna
02-11-2006, 04:00
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this but here goes,

So, how are all the Magic The Gathering fans out there finding the Time Spiral set? Personally I'm new to the whole thing so the 'Nostalgia' element is a bit wasted on me, but I am liking the new format for Booster Packs, with the Timeshifted card taking the place of a Common so you effectively get an extra Rare card in a set. I have a few ideas for various deck but I haven't built any new ones around the set yet, I'll play a couple of more games in the environmment first. So what about the rest of you?

jazzdude78
02-11-2006, 11:41
Suspend rules draft/sealed

Frankly I rather dislike this current type 2 environment with ravnica block coldsnap and now time spiral
though I do kinda want to run U/G as its really good right now I still dislike the amount of ridiculous stuff thats showing up

Kohhna
03-11-2006, 05:34
u/g isn't bad at the moment. I've seen some really evil Simic decks certainly.

I fancy a Sliver deck with Hibernation's End as a reliable source of beasties (also quite fluffy from a flavour POV) but I can't seem to get past 4 coulors (anything more than three usually being a bad idea in my experience).

Goq Gar
03-11-2006, 06:26
im going to a TS draft in half an hour.

Wish me luck.

ghost hunter
03-11-2006, 14:57
i did a time sprial draft it was ausome i got jaya ballard task mage in my first pack thn a card called wethered bodyguards in the next!:D

Jedi152
03-11-2006, 15:03
I've been out of the M:TG loop for ages now (I pretty much stopped collecting when the re-designed the cards), but i love this!

I used to be mad on the game in the early-mid 90's and it's great to see some oldies back - merfolk etc.

I might pick up a deck or a few boosters this weekend.

Suicide Messiah
03-11-2006, 18:01
What jedi said :D

I love the old cards coming back. One its just nice to see and two because they are generally very good cards. Now if only i could make mono black sui viable hmmmm.

pwrgmrguard
05-11-2006, 03:02
i like cancel and wipeaway alot. i played blue control since i started, and the idea of just being able to say "no" was so appealing. I dont like the suspend thing in draft. i always see the high base mana cost and forget about the suspend so i miss alot of really good cards. THat and missing stuffy doll being indestructible.WHy did i pass That???

Kohhna
08-11-2006, 01:49
I was at a Time Spiral Draft tonight myself. Got hammered every game, spent too much time in the draft getting cards that looked cool/interesting with no reference to building a proper deck. Ended up with a Mono-Black control deck that did virtually nothing and had no creatures (Well it had a couple but there were so few i didn't get drawing any.) I do now have a pile of cool new cards for my decks, my Mono-Black Discardy deck is now very cool, (hm, discard 2 at Instant speed? Cheers!) and I made a few trades for the expansion on my enchantment's deck I'm working on so it wasn't a complete waste.

General Samuel of the 101
09-11-2006, 18:54
I Bougth one booster at the day of release,and the TimeShifted card was a Foil Akroma!
imagine the look in my face

Jedi152
10-11-2006, 07:21
I Bougth one booster at the day of release,and the TimeShifted card was a Foil Akroma!
imagine the look in my face
Akroma, Angel of Wrath? Damn you! :p

My friend paid £10 for a standard one.

The most i've seen is someone pay £20 for Baron Sengir. It's not even that good - i got one for £2.

General Samuel of the 101
10-11-2006, 15:22
The Only and the Same,my friend