PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts. Chaos Dwarf Army

Engra
02-11-2006, 13:56
:confused:

Hy to everyone Firs of all I'm sorry for my bad English.

I'm gonna partecipate at a 2000 pts. tournament and I decided to play my Chaos Dwarf Army that I just finishted to paint.

My armylist will be roughtly:

-4°lev Sorcerer (Black gem 2x disp. scroll)

-Bullcentaur Hero Army Standard Bearer (armour of Gazrakh and B. Gauntlets)

-2° lev Sorcerer (dispel scroll)

-1° lev Sorcerer ( dispel scroll)

CORE
-19 Blunderblusses (+ battle standard)

-19 Blunderblusses (+ standard)

-19 Blunderblusses ( + standard)

-20 Hobgoblins

-20 Hobgoblins

-20 Hobgoblins

SPECIAL

7 Hobgoblin Bolttrowers

RARE

2 Hearthshaker cannons

Can you give any advise on this army, any suggestion
Do you think that it will be better split a unit of Hobgoblins in 2 unito of 10 each?

Have a nice day
Bye PAT

metro_gnome
02-11-2006, 14:09
certainly a lot of blunderbusses...
you can afford to drop a scroll and the gauntlets to get the second level on the final sorceror...

i think you may have problems with the BSB in a BB unit...
i dont think he is "a single character in the front rank" be cause he take up two ranks...
you might be better off with a CD BSB... saves points as well..

not sure i understand the BB units... these units work best in multiples of 3... so 18 or 21... you could also afford to drop a model in each unit you want to put a character in...
so 17 or 20... 19 does not compute...
champs to accept challenges would be better than standards...
points saved could get you your 8th Bolthrower (why not?)...

if you decide to split the hobbies... consider the banner of slavery...
but as it is with 3 units you dont need it...

in the meantime say cheese...

gortexgunnerson
02-11-2006, 14:27
12 is a better number for blunderbuses as you can have 2*6s that gives you a survivalble unit but without too high a cost.

Im not really sure on the purpose of the hobgoblin units as they are weak in combat and seem to lack purpose. If going for a shooting line I would swap the hobgobs for wolf riders and use them as interferrence units to slow down unit whulst shooting them to pieces.

I also think the bsb is a waste of points. If the enemy reachs combat your in trouble so might as well plow the points into more magic/shooting or interferrence units.

Engra
02-11-2006, 15:06
I know that The BSB B.centaur is expensive but I managed to destroy more than one unit. blocking the most powerfull opponent with the Sorcerer's gemm and then with 3 ranks, 3 points for the standard and sometimes 1 for the outnumbering I managed to kill the unit with the pusue move of the BSB.

The hobgoblin's only purpose is to act as a shield for the CD units, and sometime i manage to take a quarter.

Engra
02-11-2006, 18:06
I Think that I'll change the BSB in a CD, in that way i'll have the points for the second lever sorcerer.

I'm sorry but i don't understando why BB works better in multiple of 3...

ardude
02-11-2006, 18:12
oef, that's definetly a killer army, don't got much to add, only that a banner of slavery could be nice.
and I would ugprade the hopgoblins to 25 as you will lose some to shooting( can't do anything without full ranks) I know they're supposed to act as a shield but a fully ranked LD10 unit with a re-roll is better in combat then you might expect.
like said before find some points to make ur sorcerer level 2.

( and battle standarts and normal standarts stack now so give ur blunderbuss unit with the BSB both)

ardude
02-11-2006, 18:29
the reason people say that BB work beter in ranks of 6 wide is cous now all the enemy units are 5 wide, meaning that if you are 5 wide you have to be perfactly infront of them to hit em all, but with 6 you have some room so you don't have to be perfectly infront of the unit

metro_gnome
03-11-2006, 02:12
the reasons why bbs work in multiples of three i stated in their rules...
they get +1S for each rank to a maximum of +3S...
and oddly enough due to their own rules this is still 4 models per rank...
they still need 5 per rank for CC bonuses... but 4 per rank for this effect... so...
3X4... is a 4 model wide S5 fire zone... until one dies...
3X5... is a 5 model wide S5 fire zone... not only better coverage... CC rank bonus... until one dies...
3X6... is a 6 model wide S5 fire zone... which should encompass 5 wide ranked unit... provides a CC bonus...

showmydog
03-11-2006, 04:14
they get +1S for each rank to a maximum of +3S...

So multiples of four would then work the best would they not, as the front rank doesn't count as a rank.

metro_gnome
03-11-2006, 10:47
incorrect... i have misquoted... it is a maximum of S5... not +3S
the rule:
Hits are resolved at S3 plus 1 per extra rank up to S5. Ranks count if at least 4 wide. A single character in the front rank will not effect the unit's fire.

Dogskills
04-11-2006, 15:35
is it only the first rank that suffer casulties?

metro_gnome
06-11-2006, 22:11
um no... every model in the fire zone is hit on a 4+...
this means its very much useless agaisnt models with multiple wounds...

if however it is used as a stand and shoot charge reaction...
and the enemy starts its charge outside the fire zone...
then yes it only affects the front rank...

Dogskills
07-11-2006, 20:32
Thank you I have actually managed to think this one out by now. But thanks.

popisdead
14-11-2006, 20:09
You're heroes are solid and going mage heavy is maybe good.

I recommend you only make your Blunderbuss units 3 ranks. You have the 12" deathzone so nothing should get through that will beat you in Combat Resolution hitting you from the front.

I make my Bluderbuss units: 15-18 strong with Full Command this gives me the full S5 and either 5 or 6 wide.

Try to minimize your hobgoblins as they are only there to die ;)

Sneaky gitz are quiet good and at 5 pts each 25-30 would do ok against most troops.

I would also take a really nasty unit of black orcs (maybe 10 w/ a musician) for counter charge or 20 for your center piece.

Thus leaving fewer bolt throwers.

If you are taking a bull centaur take a unit of them.

Also two units of wolfboyz will really help you out as they are ridiculously cheap.