PDA

View Full Version : the new greenskins

ardude
02-11-2006, 14:55
just gotted my copy of the new orcs and goblins book and I can't wait to test them out.
got a battle soon ( probably vs a forest spirt army of 2 treemans, 2 times 5 wild riders and the rest dryds).
becouse I don't got any experiance with the new greenskinns (and not that much with the old ones) I fought I'd post my list here:

2200 PTS

Black orc warboss: heavy armor shield on boar
battle axe of the last waagh.

Black orc big boss: heavy armor BSB
morks spirit totum

giving my big orc blocks the punch and the rest of the army the staying power ( if the horn goes of I will have LD10 with a re-roll on my entire main battle line!)
( both go in a big block of orcs)

2 orc shamans level 2
Itty ring, Horn of Urgol, waagh paint.

should be enough to get a atleast 1 spell ( and probably a bountspell) off, + the bountspells are really amazing ( alwais loved bount spells :D)

2x 29 orc boys shield
full command

they form my main battle line ( I used to like savadge orcs with spears or 2 hand weapons alot but they're to expencive now, 2 handweapons could work but I don't like spears on normal boys, as a few S3 attacks won't matter that much)

2x29 night goblins Musicians

1x28 night goblins Musician
3 fanatics

the cheap backbone of my army, just 100 pts per unit, and when they stay close to my orc blocks LD9 and a re-roll ( 10 if the horn goes off!).
added 3 fanatics in 1 unit ( 1 in every single unit has no effect I guess) had to get rid of 4 goblins cous I needed the points)

2x5 spider riders
musician

2x5 wolf riders spears
musician

5 savage boar boys M

can't leave home without atleast a few (fast) cafalry units.

Doom diver
Rock lobber bully
2 spear chukka's 2 bully's

the atillery, added the 2 spear chukka's

3 trolls
they'll be the main flankers of my orc block with the battle standart, so they can also do something vs knights ( other block has 7S8 attacks to deal with them :) )

( got rid of the arrer boys and the very small unit of black orcs)

that's about it, tips & ratings plz

Brother Maynard
02-11-2006, 15:46
You could dump the arrer boyz, black orcs (you need 10 for them anyway), and the trolls. With the points you pick up, you can easily add in your spear chuckas, and more importantly some fanatics for those night goblin units.

woytek
02-11-2006, 16:22
yeah 6 black orcs? What were you thinking?

I like your lists, it's pretty similar to mine except you use alot of night goblin which I think won't do much then getting charged and and stand still.

I use black orcs in a block between my main orc blocks and also use the 5/6 savage orc boar boyz plus four units of fast cav. Instead of a rock lobber i just use two doom divers, gotta love em.

Hatake Kakashi
02-11-2006, 16:42
dudes question is shizzla's shoo shiny bubbles thing still in the book cause that was a cool item ^^

woytek
02-11-2006, 16:46
nope doesn't excist

Mephistofeles
02-11-2006, 17:18
Do you have to Shamen with the same magic items? That is not allowed, if it's not something specific in the O&G-book that I don't know of.

No Dispel Scrolls? That's damn brave laddie, but I think that it will hurt more then if flashes.

Other then that, it looks good. But the Black Orcs, seriously, just don't. Same goes for the arrer boys. If you want flankers, take some Goblin Wolf Riders! They are cheap and actually quite good at what they do.

ardude
02-11-2006, 17:42
You could dump the arrer boyz, black orcs (you need 10 for them anyway), and the trolls. With the points you pick up, you can easily add in your spear chuckas, and more importantly some fanatics for those night goblin units.

loosing the arrer boys for spear chukkas is indeed not a abd idea.
black orc unit size is now 5+ fought I'd get myself a cheap flank unit, but guess that if they get even a litle shooting that they are worthless.
I do however like the trolls they're strong flankers ( especially vs knights) and not really pricy.
fanatics are a good idea 2, but I don't like having 2 much as flyers and other fast things can totally get rid of 3 units worth of fanatics at once, maby give 1 unit 3?

yeah 6 black orcs? What were you thinking?

I like your lists, it's pretty similar to mine except you use alot of night goblin which I think won't do much then getting charged and and stand still.

I use black orcs in a block between my main orc blocks and also use the 5/6 savage orc boar boyz plus four units of fast cav. Instead of a rock lobber i just use two doom divers, gotta love em.

well why I took 6 black orcs is explaned above, I don't really like em in bigg blocks though, want them to be wide, as they can't take that much more dmg than normal orcs (never really testet them out in big blocks though).

I like doom divers 2, it's mostly for the variation ( and the fact that I want trolls) that I only take 1 ( don't even got 2 doom divers :( )

Do you have to Shamen with the same magic items? That is not allowed, if it's not something specific in the O&G-book that I don't know of.

No Dispel Scrolls? That's damn brave laddie, but I think that it will hurt more
then if flashes.

Other then that, it looks good. But the Black Orcs, seriously, just don't. Same goes for the arrer boys. If you want flankers, take some Goblin Wolf Riders! They are cheap and actually quite good at what they do.

those are their combined items ( ofcourse), 1 with waaghpaint and itty ring, other with the horn.

the reason I got no dispel scrolls is that if I took em I wouldn't have enough magic to get 1 good spell through.
and I got 7 dispel dice in a horde army, should be enough right?

hearing you all say that the black orcs suck I'm gonna get rid of them :D
I'll edit the new list in the first post

woytek
02-11-2006, 18:45
well why I took 6 black orcs is explaned above, I don't really like em in bigg blocks though, want them to be wide, as they can't take that much more dmg than normal orcs (never really testet them out in big blocks though).

I like doom divers 2, it's mostly for the variation ( and the fact that I want trolls) that I only take 1 ( don't even got 2 doom divers :( )

hearing you all say that the black orcs suck I'm gonna get rid of them :D
I'll edit the new list in the first post

Big block of black orcs can be good because they may carry a magic standard and move automatically on the waaagh. With good use of general and BSB, atleast two units move automatically and one on a 2+. This makes you very likely to get some charges of.