1 Armor of Damnation
3 Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne full command

4 squads of :
Chaos Hounds
6 Warhounds @ 36 Pts
4 Chaos Knights of Khorne full command

1 Hellcannon

Total Roster Cost: 1992

each unit of knights has a screen of 6 hell hounds, but i dont know how well that works with the khorne mark, this is my first try so any comments would be great

kyussinchains
02-11-2006, 15:35
firstly you have to have 4 knights in a unit, so the 3 chosen knights are illegal

looks to me like you've added a bunch of points in somewhere, by my calculations your army comes in at around 1200 points rather than 1992.

Assuming your army counts as a 2000 point army I would suggest the following:

I would increase the size of the knight units to 5 each, you can make one unit chosen if you like, but they will be an instant target.

4 units of 6 warhounds is about perfect, 2 of them can run in front of your knight units, this will help stop them getting shot to pieces, as well as preventing your knights charging off against the first bait unit the opponent dumps in front of the unit.

Next I would take at least 1, maybe 2 blocks of 20 or so marauders for some nice inexpensive static combat resolution, you can put an exalted champion in here for some nice combat punch.

Next I would take 2 units of 5 mounted marauders, give them flails and a musician

Finally some daemons might add a little variety, furies are excellent for the points, as are flesh hounds

You could also add some chariots in there too, mark them khorne for the extra hitting power and the extra dispel dice.

Drakensoul
02-11-2006, 15:44
it 4 units of 6 warhounds, with 4 units of 4 normal chaos khorne nights, each knight unit with a champion, muscion and bearer ( thus 5) thats 24 warhounds, and 15 knights, i tried to follow the forum rules about using army builder, but i guess my army builder setup is diffrent from others

full un altered view of ab list minus the points:

Chaos Hounds
10 Warhounds
1 Exalted Champion of Khorne
General; Mark of Khorne; Barding; Hand Weapon; Shield; Frenzy
1 Chaos Steed
1 Sword of Might
1 Armor of Damnation
3 Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Chosen; Frenzy
1 Chosen Champion @ [65] Pts
Hand Weapon; Chosen; Chaos Armor; Shield
4 Chaos Steed @ [0] Pts

Chaos Hounds
6 Warhounds
4 Chaos Knights of Khorne
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield; Frenzy
1 Champion
Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield
5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Hounds
6 Warhounds
Mark of Khorne; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Shield; Frenzy
1 Champion
5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Hounds
6 Warhounds
1 Champion
5 Chaos Steed

Chaos Hounds
6 Warhounds
1 Champion
5 Chaos Steed

Squad
1 Hellcannon
3 Crew
Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor

Total Roster Cost: 1992

Brother Maynard
02-11-2006, 15:49
No, your Army builder is right...we just didn't see your original post about having 4 units of hounds & knights.

kyussinchains
02-11-2006, 17:47
yeah it was just confusingly written is all!

people tend to write army lists like this:

Character - heavy armour, sheild, magical doodads

10 regimenty things - sheilds

some people seperate their army lists into characters and core, special and rare troop types, some dont bother.

you can also write stuff like "4 units of 6 warhounds" that makes it much clearer

your list would look something like:

Exalted champion - Mark of Khorne, Shield, Steed, Sword of might, Armour of damnation

4 chosen knights - mark of khorne, full command

4 units of 5 chaos knights - mark of khorne, full command

10 warhounds

4 units of 6 warhounds

Hellcannon

there's no real need to put down stuff they already come equipped with, the number of crew, or title the units

kyussinchains
02-11-2006, 18:09
oh yeah, include champions in the total unit count, it can be confusing if you put 4 knights 1 champion, command models are bought as upgrades to existing models, so your knight unit is 5 strong, one of which is a champion