PDA

View Full Version : Nid news, not quite sure if it's new...

Samoth
02-04-2005, 11:31
Apparently all "little gribblies" (gaunts) and swarms in a tyranit army will have the respawn ability when they die. Every single group. Ouch. I hadnt heard that before, and note, this is the regular list, not the seeding swarm list.

From tha latest WD - also has the other stuff about synapse cancelling out instant death, an army of 8 big gribblies etc.

Boduddley
02-04-2005, 12:54
:cool:

Gaunts get respawn ability!

:)

Are there any restrictions [distance, etc...]?

This will put some fera back into our opponents!

:eek:

Brimstone
02-04-2005, 15:12
Gaunts that cost under 8pts can purchase the "without number" biomorph for another 3pts.

This means that when the brood is destroyed they return, although you give away VP's every time they are destroyed.

Akuma
02-04-2005, 16:40
11 Points :confused: not to good if you would ask me - not a thing i hoped for at least :(

Boduddley
02-04-2005, 17:44
:(

I don't think they would be worth the extra points.

I only use them for fodder [something for the enemy to shoot at] anyway.

Can't afford to waste too many point on Gaunts.

;)

plasmadaemon
02-04-2005, 19:00
old news actually, but making them 11 points basic without any other upgrades seems useless.

the life of a gaunt:
*you've been killed by plasmadaemon*
*respawn*
*you've been killed by plasmadaemon*
*respawn*
*double kill..multi-kill...mega kil-ultra ki-ludicrous kill holly sh-holy sh-holy sh-*you've been killed by plasmadaemon*
*respawn*
*you got the scything talons upgrade*
etc..

Darkness
02-04-2005, 19:21
It isn't 11pts per Gaunt with Without Number. For Every Gaunt that originally costs UNDER 8PTS (ie. It can be those 5pt Spinegaunts) can take Without Number for an additional +3pts. Hence making for 8pt Spinegaunts who constantly reappear at your table edge whenever they run off the table or are simply massacred.

Just to add some other stuff... Carnifexes can now get up to T7 with 5 wounds, and with half a page worth of upgrades (not kidding or exaggerating), you can easily get a Carnifex to around 200pts or more. Additionally, any Carnifex at 115pts or under can be taken as an Elites choice. So that means T7 5 wound gribblies for Heavy Support, and T6 4 wound gribblies for Elites, not to mention the Hive Tyrants accompanied by Tyrant Guard, making for a possible 14 Toughness 6 Creatures in one army. Ouch!

Raveners also get changed to Beasts rather than having their different movement, so they use Cavalry rules and get Fleet of Foot (Claw) too.

'Stealers can purchase an upgrade that allows them to Scout, although they no longer have the Infiltrate ability

Gargoyles also get increased in points due to their weapons becoming better (Living Ammunition - re-roll failed wounds).

Zoanthropes can take more than one psychic power now, while Tyrants can now take just the one (Alongside their normal Synapse and Horror powers as standard).

Lictors remain the same, as do Biovores and Tyrant Guard (Apart from the Tyrant Guard model of course).

There is now also a new Pyschic power which allows you to make all enemy psykers on the board use 3D6 for Psychic Powers, discarding the lowest roll, making them more likely to fail their test.

Winged creatures can no longer have the Extended Carapace Upgrade, so in order to get the Tyrant it's 2+ save, you must now purchase Warp Field for an additional 10pts, although, to many Nids players' delights, this also incorporates a 6+ Invulnerable, so it's not all bad. However, as you probably already know, just the one Winged Tyrant is allowed per army.

Everything within Synapse range is immune to instant death (that means everything), so since Warriors automatically come with the Synapse power, it means they are permanantly immune to instant death, along with the creatures around them. Very useful indeed.

Well, thats enough beans spilling for me. Now just to hope I don't get in trouble for it.

Dreachon
03-04-2005, 11:04
Nice finding, any info on the raveners so far?

Brimstone
03-04-2005, 11:06
Nice finding, any info on the raveners so far?

Have you read the roundup.

Raveners – Become “Beasts” gain deepstrike and can have a optional thorax mounted ranged weapon in addition to their two standard HtH weapons (2 x talons or 1 x rending claws/scything talons), now slightly cheaper but statline remains the same.

Dreachon
03-04-2005, 11:24
I already know that, but more on what the price reduction might be.

Inflammable
03-04-2005, 11:50
I already know that, but more on what the price reduction might be.

Yea, I'm also curious. But I think people aren't allowed to post such stuff.

Akuma
03-04-2005, 12:07
Maube someone with dex at desk or a free acces to it could build 1000 and 1500 list - without any details but it would be nice to know how many nids we can squise in there ;)

Brimstone
03-04-2005, 16:25
Maube someone with dex at desk or a free acces to it could build 1000 and 1500 list - without any details but it would be nice to know how many nids we can squise in there ;)

Quite a few if you don't go overboard on the biomorphs and extra's.

I'd just like to remind everybody not to get to specific with any information they have as it's against forum rules.

Darkness
03-04-2005, 16:56
How specific is specific? ;)

Let's just say that a Ravener with Rending Claws and Scything Talons is now 5pts cheaper than it was in the old codex. That's a fair reduction, considering I thought they were awesome as it was. Especially when you have units of single Raveners, making people think twice about shooting it. I mean, come on, what a waste of firepower! :rolleyes:

Brimstone
03-04-2005, 17:14
That's acceptable IMO ;)

Now if you had said the Ravener is X points that would have probably been against forum rules.

You can discuss various points values but not specifics, it's probably best to refer to already existing and known points values.

Samoth
04-04-2005, 00:42
Aah ok then. The WD left out the whole 3 pts per model thing.

Gaunts with leaping and without number could be worth it though, if giving leaping isnt more than 8 pts.

Wolflord Bloodangel
04-04-2005, 01:49
Exactly, the only way I can see gaunts with Without Number being at all worth it is if theyve got Leaping, as otherwise theyll just respawn too far away from the enemy to be in ANY way useful...

Unless youre playing cleanse (4 minimum size units of spinegaunts with Without Number) means you will almost NEVER lose victory points for your home quarter (and youll usually have a scoring unit in the two adjacent quarters too)...

Scythe
04-04-2005, 20:03
Don't know about the without number rule... Could be handy in some cases tough. There are several things I'm wondering; would a respawned unit be able to capture table quarters/objectives etc? If so, like said, it's ideal for a cleanse like mission. One table quarter always contested and 2 others within a single turn reach. Secondly, I wonder if respawned gaunts can come from the own table edge only or also from the small table edges in standard missions. In the first case, it's doubtfull the gaunts would do anything usefull when respawned in turn 3-4, while in the second case, they could become quite usefull.

Wolflord Bloodangel
05-04-2005, 14:59
Ive heard that the respawned gaunts cant capture table quarters, which makes sense, elsewise nids could not lose a cleanse...

Scythe
06-04-2005, 07:35
I guess so... wonder how it works with vp's tough. Sustained assault daemons (from fighting against daemonhunters) are not worth vp's I believe. Still, if they are not able to enter from the short table edges, the upgrade will be quite worthless, unless the nids are forced to defend (say defender in a bunker assault mission).

zealousheretic
06-04-2005, 17:45
If they can claim objectives, then I can see taking a smallish (12-15 or so) brood or two of the cheapest gaunts I can get, hurling them headlong at the enemy, and then using them to claim table quarters or objectives after they inevitably die horribly.