PDA

View Full Version : Building Not a Defended Obstical?

Ender Shadowkin
02-11-2006, 23:25
So, I was reading the new building rules, a little simple but great for game play. But I couldn't see where charging into a building gives the defenders the "defended Obstical" bonus . . . am I missing something. So how is a hedge more defensive than a window in a stone house? The rules talk about how hard it is to dislodge a unit from a building... but its really not.

Does your group consider a unit in a building to be behind a defended obstical (i.e. you loose charge bonuses)?

Ganymede
02-11-2006, 23:40
On page 98, in the second paragraph of the "Fighting an Assult" section, the rules details that the charging unit loses all bonuses associated with the first turn of combat.

Now, the rules don't explicitly say that people in buildings benefit from being in a defended obstacle, but they are granted all of the bonuses entailed by it. In this vein, I'd say that any bonus that has an effect on the defended obstacle rule also has an effect against targets in buildings, such as the wallcrusher big name.

DeathlessDraich
03-11-2006, 08:18
The rules for Buildings are quite clear.
Assault against units in a building are clearly defined as special rules and not identical to fighting against a defended obstacle. The main differences to normal combat are:
1) No static CR
2) CR is based on no. of wounds only
3) Only infantry are involved - max 30 defenders
4) 360 LOS and the building itself is used for LOS and distances
5) 5 shooting models per storey - I usually specify 2 storeys and place my TK bowmen in them - virtually untouchable!
6) -3 shooting modifier - D6 hits for templates
7) Cannot charge out
8) 10 models or US10 fight
9) No charge bonuses for weapons incl striking first
10) 5 models can single out characters etc

Ender Shadowkin
03-11-2006, 15:09
On page 98, in the second paragraph of the "Fighting an Assult" section, the rules details that the charging unit loses all bonuses associated with the first turn of combat.

Great,Thanks! That was the line I must have glossed over. I picked up on all the rest.