PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts of 7ed greenskins

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
03-11-2006, 07:46
Hello all,

well I finnaly made a list for 7ed and the only thing I can say is that all things have become very expensive. I still prefer the 6ed book, like yesterday two armies with the new book lost their games and my greenskins with the 6ed book did once again a massacre( a hardfought one with only 7 models left on the board , all greenskins).

Well here is the list

Lords
Orc warboss, GW, light armours. 129pts

Heroes
Orc battle standard bearer, light armour, warbanner 122pts
Goblin big boss, wolf, light armour, shield, spear 53pts
Night goblin shaman, lv 1, 2 scrolls

Core
24 Orc boyz, shields, full command 174pts
24 Orc Big'uns, shields, full command 260pts

25 Night goblins, shortbows, musician fanatic 104pts
25 Night goblins, musician, fanatic 104pts
29 Night goblins, full command 107

5 Wolfriders, spears, musician 71pts
5 Wolfriders, spears, musician 71pts
10 Wolfriders, spears, shield, full command 170pts
14 Wolfriders, spears, shield, full command 226

Special
1 rock lobber 70pts
2 wolf chariots 120pts

Rare
3 trolls 120pts

Models: 175( I was used to 266 )
Pd 3
dd 3+2 scrolls

I think it is a quite solid list but I'm not a huge fan from it, in the old edition with some changes this list was only 1818pts or so.

Greetz
G

Grimor Da Warchife
03-11-2006, 08:04
isent your warboss littel unbrotekted

woytek
03-11-2006, 11:24
Andz he iz prettzy bad in figting!

samw
03-11-2006, 12:40
Mork's spirit totem for the BSB, and give the shaman staff of sneaky stealin, then you won't need scrolls. Make the general a Black Orc and give him heavy armour at least. Big uns are overcosted, either bust 'em down to normal orcs or ramp 'em up to Black Orcs. If you want night gobbos ytou need to give them fanatics and netters, otherwise you may as well have more orcs. Drop the trolls, or maybe keep just one as a redirector.

woytek
03-11-2006, 12:59
Mork's spirit totem for the BSB, and give the shaman staff of sneaky stealin, then you won't need scrolls. Make the general a Black Orc and give him heavy armour at least. Big uns are overcosted, either bust 'em down to normal orcs or ramp 'em up to Black Orcs. If you want night gobbos ytou need to give them fanatics and netters, otherwise you may as well have more orcs. Drop the trolls, or maybe keep just one as a redirector.

This keeps banging my head... everyone says big'uns overpriced this, black orcs overpriced that. That's only looking at it points/stats wise... You don't find the +1 WS and +1st worth 4 points. Ok I can imagine but you should really try to look further then that, look to what the unit can accomplish for your army. They can hit very hard and more likely to break stuff and may take a magic banner. An army of just orcs will probably have alot of units yes, but you need some hitting power too every once in a while, and black orcs and big'uns can do that..

ardude
03-11-2006, 13:54
the reason why people say that black orcs and big uns are overpriced is becouse they rank up just as good as a normal unit of orcs.
for that reason I persoannly like ot have small units of black rocs and (savedge)
orc big uns with 2 choppas for flankers, but wolf and spider riders can do that 2..
it's nto that they are bad, it's just that they can't do things other units can't
( excapt the banner than).
same is the problem with tomb king tomb guard ( although the moddels are awsome!) they aren't that much ebter with catching up charges than normal skeletons and aren't a better punch unit than chariots of ushabti

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
03-11-2006, 14:00
Mork's spirit totem for the BSB, and give the shaman staff of sneaky stealin, then you won't need scrolls.

Why would I take a more expensive way to stop magic, when my army is possible to shut the biggest part of the magic face down in turn 2. It always worked for me.

Make the general a Black Orc and give him heavy armour at least.

Andz he iz prettzy bad in figting!
First off all I hate black orcs, so no black orcs for me. And bad it fighting well I was used to a goblin warboss so it is an improvement.

Greetz
G

woytek
03-11-2006, 14:02
the reason why people say that black orcs and big uns are overpriced is becouse they rank up just as good as a normal unit of orcs.
for that reason I persoannly like ot have small units of black rocs and (savedge)
orc big uns with 2 choppas for flankers, but wolf and spider riders can do that 2..
it's nto that they are bad, it's just that they can't do things other units can't
( excapt the banner than).
same is the problem with tomb king tomb guard ( although the moddels are awsome!) they aren't that much ebter with catching up charges than normal skeletons and aren't a better punch unit than chariots of ushabti

Well black orcs can play a vital role in your army which no other unit can do. Big'uns are just normal orcs except they can actually kill something in combat. Orcs are just core...nothing more. They're nice and cheap but won't kill something often. Big'uns on the other hand have a better chance at killing stuff and deffinately hit harder then wolf boyz.

ardude
03-11-2006, 15:32
that's true, but when I have a big ragular orc block in close combat with the front of an enemy unit it doesn't really matter if 5 wolf riders are flanking or if 2 giants just charged in their flank, if the enemy won't get rank bonus he has a veeerrryy hard time to ebat my orc blocks.

and like I sayd before, big un's just generate the same rank bonusses and die just as easy as normal orcs.
therefor I don't like them to be ranked up.
unless I go all the way by making a big block of savage orc big uns with banner of butchery and additional choppa ( 4S5 attacks per model anyone? :D )

woytek
03-11-2006, 15:57
that's true, but when I have a big ragular orc block in close combat with the front of an enemy unit it doesn't really matter if 5 wolf riders are flanking or if 2 giants just charged in their flank, if the enemy won't get rank bonus he has a veeerrryy hard time to ebat my orc blocks.

and like I sayd before, big un's just generate the same rank bonusses and die just as easy as normal orcs.
therefor I don't like them to be ranked up.
unless I go all the way by making a big block of savage orc big uns with banner of butchery and additional choppa ( 4S5 attacks per model anyone? :D )

You deffinately got a point there, but remember orcs new army book is alot more hitty and close combat based. I wouldn't like to play my orcs with static CR and surviving only.... that's not orcy :eyebrows: