PDA

View Full Version : If you were a person in the 40k universe, what would you be?

Ventris_Fellstorm
04-11-2006, 16:24
Ok if you could be anything/anyone in the 40k universe, who or what would you be?

I personally would be an Astartes, just for the fun of it:p

A Chaplain, would be great...

Gen.Steiner
04-11-2006, 16:30
A low-level clerk on Terra.

Most likely, however, I'd be hive gutter-scum, or some kind of PDF-trooper.

I'd LIKE to be a Titan Princeps of an Imperator-class, or the Captain of a Retribution-class battleship... or a Commissar on garrison duty on a backwater world that won't ever be attacked by anyone.

Babes love a uniform, especially one that comes with ultimate power... :p

Grumblebelly
04-11-2006, 16:32
No way would u want to be a space marine. You only get an hour or so sleep and the rest of your time is spent on chores. Screw that.

Now lord Helmwar. Theres a guy who knows a thing or two. Comfy job governing necromunda living in the lavish spire of hive primus.

Try Again Bragg
04-11-2006, 16:34
Dreadnaught-Brother. "Wake me up when you need some ass kicked...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."

Sick
04-11-2006, 16:37
Underhive scum. A beggar.
A lowlife who does not care about the wars being fought,
and who's only pusuit is to stay alive.

@Loon: sarcasm, later edited.

Dakkagor
04-11-2006, 16:39
Ah yes, the fun of two hundred years of combat, prayer and privation before an ork pops you in the head with an anti tank rokkit, and you're buried in a bucket.

Me. . .Gargrant Kaptian. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, city flattening firepower and all the reckless abandon to use it.

Hideous Loon
04-11-2006, 16:40
Are you sure? I don't know... clerks don't really have the funniest job as it is these days. Add to the image of a person, sitting at a pulpet, writing with quill and parchment, Bob Cratchit-style, the fact that you are living in a monotheistic, arrogant fascist state. I think it wouldn't be fun at all.

Setrus
04-11-2006, 16:58
What I logicaly would be? The civilian getting shot at... :p

Now if I got to choose...

On a backwater world, too far from anything for anyone to care, not even the DE, someone working next to the governor. Comfy... :D

Or if we just use the 'game world' idea with only the fighting guys:

I'd take the imperial guard artillery department. No way they'll get through those lines and into our soft...mommy. :cries: ;)

Yog_Sothoth
04-11-2006, 16:59
I´d probably end up being a low level chaos cultist or traitor.

But if I´d get to choose... Chaos Marine would be fun. Dunnoh which Legion though. Iron Warriors have the coolest toys, but Emperor´s Children get the chicks. Dammit.

Great Harlequin
04-11-2006, 17:04
I'd probably be a Conscript or a Cultist - plain and simple. I wouldn't try to avoid the conflict, but I'm not going to get any dillusions of grandeur.

If I could choose however, I'd prefer to be an Astartes. But knowing me I'd end up being one of the Emperor's Children...

FenixShadow
04-11-2006, 17:05
Ok if you could be anything/anyone in the 40k universe, who or what would you be?

The Emperor lol! :D

No i would be an Eldar Fire Dragon :angel:,
Tanks Go Boom!
Or a Farseer

Morgrad
04-11-2006, 17:06
I'd be a nurgling.

Chem-Dog
04-11-2006, 17:08
Three choices.
Inquisitor, just because you get to be a secret agent and get access to all the best toys. Everyone you'll ever meet will either be scared wittless of you OR want to kill you, and you get to shoot them regardless of which they are.
Ordo Xeno would be my prefered choice, but I'm not fussy.

Imperial Guardsman, I'm a Guardsman, probably end up in the Chem-Dogs or as one of those penal legion suicide bombers I want GW to include in the next IG codex.

Cawdor Gang Leader, All the justification for your actions you'll ever need (Loony religeous fundamentalism) but tempered by the need to earn a crust and kick butt. I'll need an Evicerator though :evilgrin:

Ventris_Fellstorm
04-11-2006, 17:15
I'd be a nurgling.

You sure? I mean you're like 2feet tall and well rotting...and you stink like something awful...

Not to mention you'd probably be run over by something bigger than you (there's not that many) and then you'd spend most of your time in the warp, which isn't a pretty place...

Stormbringer
04-11-2006, 17:15
I guess i'd be either a IG Commissar, or a Phoenix Lord

TCUTTER
04-11-2006, 17:21
due to my booming voice(i sound like im shouting when i talk so imagine me shouting)m any role where faith is needed so commissar or chaplain or inquisitor, somebody who shouts alot basically

Baneboss
04-11-2006, 17:22
This exact topic comes out every month or so :)

I would be a Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided. First, i answer to nobody. Second, i am immortal. Third, i would propably command an army of some kind.

PKAGustov
04-11-2006, 17:30
Emperorīs Children get the chicks.

That is true, but they also get the dudes and other things that the mind just can't handle.:wtf:

As for me, I would like to think of myself as an Armoured Company Commissar, but would in reality be a cook on some IG garrison base about to be overrun by Nids.

salty
04-11-2006, 17:39
Well, I always wanted to be in, and have a massive love for, the Royal Navy, so I'd like to be an Imperial Navy Admiral.

"All ahead full, and damn the torpedoes! We'll go right through the bugger!"
"Sir... there are no torpedoes..."
"I... said... all... ahead... FULL!"

Most probably however, I'd save some creds and become a merchantman, maybe if I was rich enough become a Rogue Trader and go exploring.

Salty :)

xibo
04-11-2006, 17:55
Bah! Dark Elves aeeeh Eldar get all the chicks. And dark eldar get the real nice ones!

I'd be a Stormtrooper: (deepstriking) one hit wonder

Stingray_tm
04-11-2006, 17:58
In this universe, i would want to be nothing at all. Whatever i'd be in 40K, i am pretty sure my current life is safer and more fun.

xibo
04-11-2006, 18:01
In this universe, i would want to be nothing at all. Whatever i'd be in 40K, i am pretty sure my current life is safer and more fun.
quoted for truth

Gen.Steiner
04-11-2006, 18:05

LIES!

How much safer can you get than in the drivers' seat of an Imperator-class Titan!? Protected by 14 Void Shields and more armour than you can shake a stick at - and with masses of prestige and firepower to boot!

Or CO of a Battleship - literally metres of armour and more shields than you can count on four limbs' extremities! The power to raze worlds! The ability to look cool! Sex with subordinates! Fun with inquisitors! Ultimate battle-winning killyness! etc.

xibo
04-11-2006, 18:24
LIES!

How much safer can you get than in the drivers' seat of an Imperator-class Titan!? Protected by 14 Void Shields and more armour than you can shake a stick at - and with masses of prestige and firepower to boot!

I wouldn't feel threatened by enemies in an emperor titan, but by the titan itself instead. Would you really feel safe in something the adeptus mechanicus constructed?

inq.serge
04-11-2006, 19:04
Enslaver, Harlequin, Solitaire, Great Harlequin, Laughing god, Aby or an Inq.Lord.

Or even better, The Prince of Bizzaria!

blacklegioncommander
04-11-2006, 19:11
id be a demon prince because i can kill anybody i want:skull:

Gimp
04-11-2006, 19:43
An Imperial Guardsmen because you might be part of the PDF and your world might never gets attacked. If you become one of those tithe regiments you might be sent to garrisson a world that also never gets attacked. However if you are sent on a crusade or something if you are good/lucky enough and you somehow survive cant you retire or something after a couple of years.

Or maybe an Inquisitor. For fun I could place an Exterminatus on a world a did not like the name of.

Outlaw289
04-11-2006, 19:46
I'd like to be a prominent Officer in the Imperial Navy. Failing that, a Baneblade crewmember. Not necessarily commander (though that would be my prefered position), and not because its an "zOmg hueg t4ynk!" factor, but simply because its damn tough, I'll work with machines, more likely than not I won't die, and I get a big share of the glory once the battle is done.

2_heads_talking
04-11-2006, 19:51
I'd probably be a normal citizen, scraping a living until being dragged off by the Dark Eldar...

What I'd like to be would probably be an Imperial Guard sergeant (Valhallan :D) or a Necromunda gang leader!

Farseer
04-11-2006, 19:53
My name...or maybe a Solitaire.

Firebreath
04-11-2006, 20:03
I'd be dead. ;)

Gen.Steiner
04-11-2006, 20:08
Would you really feel safe in something the adeptus mechanicus constructed?

Yes, of course. :)

lapis_lazuli
With any luck I'd end up as the spoiled, foppish, amasec-sipping son of some fabulously rich merchant trading in xenos contraband on the Eastern Fringe... but then my planet would probably get raided and I'd end up as a slave-plaything for some minor Dark Eldar sicko. Ah well, at least I could laugh at their hideous Fisher-Price purple outfits! While being used as a human pincushion... hmm... :eyebrows:

Ah, looks like 2_heads_talking has similar lofty aspirations!

Fal
Harlequin/Solitaire or maybe Raven Guard SM :p

Kamin_Majere
04-11-2006, 20:14
Ordinary Joe that is born and dies never knowing any other life exists except for whats on the little out of the way planet that my people live on. Yeah nothing to eat my soul, rape my body, or rape my soul and eat my body for a million light years

but if i have to pick something/someone
Feugan the Pheonix lord of the Fire Dragons. I get to be the last one that dies at the end of time and i carry a firepike:p

harlequin21
04-11-2006, 20:14
Id probably like to be an Imperial Storm trooper/ vindicare assasin or a Tau battle suit pilot

Partisan Rimmo
04-11-2006, 20:24
This is pathetically easy to answer.

I'd be a stupidly wealthy aristocrat with a beutiful wife. Bang. Problem solved. :P

Dakkagor
LIES!

I like how you think. . . Titan duel!

Zangblaza
I would be a mighty Ork Warlord, Zangblaza Da Bluddy! WAAAGH!!

Ziljin
04-11-2006, 20:27
I would be a Necron, so I will never die....

Venomizer
04-11-2006, 20:31
simple choice...............a Necron Lord

a legion of immortal warriors & near indestructible fleets at my command, a hatred of everything that lives, a lot of funky toys and I spend most of the time sleeping until the c'tan wants somebodies ass kicked

now that sounds good :evilgrin:

Baneboss
04-11-2006, 20:33

You have to come out sometimes :)

Partisan Rimmo
04-11-2006, 20:37
Actually, no. On further meditation, the galaxy needs me. It would be petty and selfish of me to sit back whilst humanity crumbles. I would head straight to the nearest Imperial Guard recruitment center and sign up (though I think it's quite reasonable for me to aim for a post in high command rather than frontline). I encourage you all to do the same if you have a scrap of dignity and compassion inside you.

Gen.Steiner
04-11-2006, 20:39
I like how you think. . . Titan duel!

Agreed! Titans at dawn!

Stand back-to-back, take fifty paces, turn and fire with your main weapon.

Or, in the case of you Orks, stand back to back, fall over turning round, and shoot a Grot. :p

EDIT:

You have to come out sometimes

Actually, no, I can have all my food etc delivered to me. And those thinking about assassinations? That's what the 60-70 Tech Guard are for... :angel:

rivers3162
04-11-2006, 20:50
Everyone would love to be a space marine, but I think if i was being realistic, I'd be some Nurgle cultist. I'm already pretty fat and quite jovial...just like Santa (come to think of it, maybe he's some wierd kinda nurgle cult leader, except he changed to red to stop suspicision..)

^DrAgOn^
04-11-2006, 20:51
A hive city bounty hunter might be a fun if short lived life!

primarch16
04-11-2006, 20:57
People in the 40k universe die, lots and lots. But if I had to choose I'm guessing being an inquisitor would be awsome, maybe not a deamonhunter, that would be scary. More ordo xenos, thats where the real actions at. If I couldnt do that then I'd probably be an Imperial Assasin, I wouldnt mind which, though vinicare would be sweet.

Ventris_Fellstorm
04-11-2006, 20:57
I could consider the choice of: Nightbringer

I mean nice scythe, C'Tan, feared by many, immortal and many many many necrons that'll kick anyones a** if I demand so.

The only bad part is the ridicullously long fingernails...

susu.exp
04-11-2006, 21:01
Varingr. Guild prospector.

Or quite possibly: Slaanesh. Zirself.

Galvatron
04-11-2006, 21:03
If I were a human, I would be a Knight from a knight world. Nobleman's lifestyle, respect, Ad-Mech support, combat skills, a good mix of peacful and action packed lifestyle. Not to mention a perzonalized knight suit with built in battle cannon, massive close combat weapon, other small arms, good armor, and a layer of void shield.

If I were an eldar, I would be a dark eldar ex-incubi-turned-mercenary. Probably working for payment in souls(number of enemies i get to kill) from radical inquisitors to rogue traders to the occasional dark eldar lord. Practically matchless skills, Fairly relaxing downtime in commaraugh (sp?) with some women, and the incubi have my back since I'm an alumni.

Tau... I wouldnt. Short life span, communist lifestyle, boring architechture. Although being a crisis suit commander in an experimental model would be fun, get my "armored core" on.

The other race/occupations just don't fit me.

CaptainSenioris
04-11-2006, 21:10
Emperor Titan Princeps!!

cav da man
04-11-2006, 21:46
i cant believe nobody has said one of the gods yet, there was that one guy who said the emperor but his life is pretty boring now he spends so much time on the toilet.

Gen.Steiner
04-11-2006, 21:53
Slaanesh. Zirself.

i cant believe nobody has said one of the gods yet...

This is known as reading but not comprehending. :p

Tanith Ghost
04-11-2006, 22:12
IG kasrkin baby. We are the Hammer of the Emperor, and woe betide whatever we decide needs pulverizing. None can stop our infinite manpower and limitless firepower.
*glares xenophobicly at the nearest tau*

SwordsofChaos
04-11-2006, 22:34
I would a be a Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided, I will be able to boss anyone, and I mean anyone around. I would also have hordes and hordes of cultists on some backwater planet worshipping me.:evilgrin:

Subtext
04-11-2006, 22:52
Inquisitor: Ordering Guard or Marines to do my work. No way I'm going to face the enemy directly and if I have to, its only with some 8' tall walking tanks around me.

Commisar: But only in an Artillery Regiment (Ciaphas Cain got the right ideas).

Adeptus Arbites: Yeah heavy armor and crowd control guns, but on some backwater planet please. I only want to fight badly equiped rioters.

No way I want to be a Space Marine or Xeno, there is no loving in their lives. :D

EDIT: I meant 8' not 3' :D

Chaos and Evil
04-11-2006, 22:53
I'd be an Acid Spore mine.

I am the Monkey King
04-11-2006, 23:19
Tzeentch!

-----------

starlight
04-11-2006, 23:20
Oh come on, face it, we're all humans born on Earth, we'd all be servitors or functionaries of some sort, unless we were inducted into some military organisation and sent on a suicide mission (aren't they all in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future....?).

slasher
04-11-2006, 23:58
Erm the choices are Kharn (kill, maim, burn, repeat!!!)
or the Fallen Pheonix - Arhra :evilgrin: :skull:

Andres von Rienholt
05-11-2006, 00:01
Imperial Guard Artillery Regiment Commander

Reflex
05-11-2006, 00:04
Eldar on the path of the seer, master it and become crystalized in the dome of crystals...

Chainsworded Codpiece
05-11-2006, 00:14
Inquisitor: Ordering Guard or Marines to do my work. No way I'm going to face the enemy directly and if I have to, its only with some 3' tall walking tanks around me.

Three-foot tall Astartes?

Are you talking about those Dwarf-statured Marines some awesome intellect came up with in the Modelling/Painting section? Those RULED!!

No sarcasm, they did! And if I were an =][=, I'd want those throat-slashin' fireplugs on my side, too! Super-deadly, and unlike "normal" Astartes...they're STACKABLE! HAW!

No way I want to be a Space Marine or Xeno, there is no loving in their lives. :D

Umm, jury's still out on the Space'rino love-life...don't be so close-minded;):D

Me? I'd want to be an Astartes renegade. Not necessarily a Chaotic, just a devo wretch freebooter.

Or a Loyalist, who, contrary to hypnotraining and "chemical indoctrination", had A) a sense of humor, B) a sense of wonder, and C) a slight "psychic-null cortical resonance" that would hide both of these from the Chapter Librarians and the nosy gxddamned Inquisition.

Either way, I'd want a Chaplain-equivalent job. Yeah, man, yeah.

As I've said before, I'd more likely be a scrivener or trivial script-illuminator in life, then end up a servo-skull after my body croaked or I had lapsed into brain-senescence. Crap in a hat.:(

NaT
05-11-2006, 00:27
Titan piolet.

That'd be so badass.

Lord Cook
05-11-2006, 00:31
A Lord Inquisitior.
Also by pure coincidence currently on permanent placement with a Sisters of Battle army.
The only guy there.
An army that doesn't actually have to do any fighting.
And is incredibly bored.
And garrisons an incredibly hot planet where armour is too hot to wear.

Seriously people don't even bother - you can't beat this.

Drogmir
05-11-2006, 01:12
I would LIKE to be space marine chapter master of the Ultramarines

But realistically I think everyone here including me would be in the IG

Tigerguy
05-11-2006, 01:23
Lord Cook has the right idea.

And why would anyone want to be a Space Marine? The monk life is not fun. Pretty boring if you ask me.

Belisarius
05-11-2006, 01:26
renegade captian of say a slaughter class vessel- a pirates life for me!:D

Curufew
05-11-2006, 02:39
An Inquisitor

Chem-Dog
05-11-2006, 02:44
nothing to eat my soul, rape my body, or rape my soul and eat my body

That's just being picky :p

This is pathetically easy to answer.

I'd be a stupidly wealthy aristocrat with a beutiful wife. Bang. Problem solved. :P

Wealthy Aristoscrat? YES, wife? NO.
You get your pick of comely serving wenches and pleasure slaves, you have housekeepers and cooks, what need have you for a wife? ;) (appologies to my wife)

Seth the Dark
05-11-2006, 02:45
An Eldar Exodite Lord. Why? The simple life would be quite nice.

Galvatron
05-11-2006, 03:10
That does sound good, actually. And when push comes to shove, you have to fight, you get to suit up in an eldar Knight walker. Nice simple, peaceful, by choice.

alphalupine
05-11-2006, 03:56
I would love to be a Wolf Lord of the 13th Co. who has fallen to the curse of the wulfen. Nothing like living a loyalist life doing Russ and the Emperor's bidding in the Eye of Terror, hunting down Abaddon, while leading your brothers after traitors all as a bunch of genetically enhanced werewolves!

Eldartank
05-11-2006, 04:25
I would be either an Eldar Ranger or an Imperial Vindicare Assassin. Preferably an Eldar Ranger, though.

Being a Space Marine would suck, with the anally-retentive rules and controls over your life, and the strict monastic lifestyle. Except for the Space Wolves - it would probably be fun to be a Space Wolf, since they are nothing like the other Codex Chapters.

Arch-Traitor Horus
05-11-2006, 05:12
Hellion skyboard witch for me a male 1 of course;)

Z-chan
05-11-2006, 05:30
Eldar Pilot... My reflexes are honed by martial arts and endless hours of playing shoot-em-ups.

thanoson
05-11-2006, 06:02
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh. All the drugs and decadence I could ever want. Plus, we get to listen to music while we fight.

Or, I'd like to be a chaos squat. Heh, we weren't eaten by the tyranids. Just written outta the history.

Or maybe a zoat. Just so that people could ask me what I was.

Kandarin
05-11-2006, 06:48
An Eldar or Tau civilian. While they definitely do get attacked, it doesn't seem to happen nearly as much as the "Every planet gets ransacked" Imperium.

In actuality, given the overall probabilities, odds are I would wind up as a Tyranid micro-organism.

Colonel_Kreitz
05-11-2006, 07:04
A colonel of intel attached to a Lord-General's staff. Reduced chance of death, but still a good contribution to the war effort. Sounds like a good deal to me!

El_Phen
05-11-2006, 07:24
Would like to be: Space Marine Techmarine

Would actually be: An Imperial Guardsman with a lasgun sent to kill a Daemon Prince. And the lasgun would be out of power.

Ardathair
05-11-2006, 07:58
A Rogue Trader. Get the Xeno's toys which no other human has even heard of and extrminate the race which developed them so no one else can get their hands on them. Not as many rules or responsibilities as Inquisitors, nearly as much power, and much of the time you are facing races which are at lower tech. levels than your troops.

Alternately I'd go Ratling Sniper. Small target, everyone over looks them, best cooks in the IG.:D

kendoka
05-11-2006, 08:33
A Necron with a metal crouch? A SM with no private parts at all? A Dread = a brain inside armour?

Naahhh.

Don't be narrow minded; ignore violence and focus on sin ;-)

How about:
- an Eldar pursuing some pleasure-path (eldar chicks)
- a Slaanesh cult leader (it don't feel good until it hurts)
- an Adeptus Arbite (cool uniform = girl magnet)
- a servant/breeder for some Escher team

cav da man
05-11-2006, 08:42
This is known as reading but not comprehending. :p

Thats what I get for reading through an entire thread franticly all at once -.-
it's hard to take in that much in one sitting, maybe im just mentally challenged.
You can decide for yourself!
I would like to be one of the space wolves, either that or an ethereal getting worshipped by all the tau.

Penitent Angel
05-11-2006, 08:54
logically, I'd end up being one of the unnumbered masses. If I got to choose, totally an aspiring champion in the Emperor's Children. You get all the cool stuff, but little of the responsibility!

The Judge
05-11-2006, 12:29
An Arbite would be soooo cool.

Or an Inquisitor.

Gen.Steiner
05-11-2006, 12:44
Aren't Arbites celibate as well?

Slaaneshi Slave
05-11-2006, 12:44
Most of us? Clerks or Guardsmen.

Montserrat
05-11-2006, 13:36
well... being realistic...

a human auxiliar, for the tau empire...

liked to be and eldar, but the posibility of being eaten by slanesh er...no.

may be an ork! the orks are the unique happy race, a succseful race...

Mechanicus
05-11-2006, 14:24
The Fabricator General of a Forge World...

A full Titan Legion with Skitarii Legions, Ordinati, Robots, Explorator teams, and more under my command? Why not! ;)

Tanith Ghost
05-11-2006, 14:30
Would like to be: Space Marine Techmarine

Would actually be: An Imperial Guardsman with a lasgun sent to kill a Daemon Prince. And the lasgun would be out of power.

Imagine the Daemon Prince's embaresment when he rolls a '1' for his armor save.:p

EVIL INC
05-11-2006, 15:44
Nah, arbites arent celibate, they are only the police.
Most of us would be considered heretics or criminals at the very least what with our original ideas and nonformity to the imperial society standards. Actually being born there, now thats another story. One none of us could answer as it would largely be decided by who our parents were and we would likely not even have the same thought proccesses we have now so no one could possibly know.

wally
05-11-2006, 15:52
no one has picked the best

a grot

u can kill most any thing and dam it who dosnt love the under dog

WAAAAAAGH

Mr Zephy
05-11-2006, 16:14
A Tau Sniper Drone Spotter. Sit behind a big rock completely oblivious to enemy fire, playing tetris on your computer. Sit back, and let the drones do the work.

boardbox
05-11-2006, 17:26
I think I'd be the corpse lying half buried in a crater after a power armor malfunction.

Never could make those 3+ saves.

Maximuspandem
05-11-2006, 18:17
I think I'd be the corpse lying half buried in a crater after a power armour malfunction.

Never could make those 3+ saves.

lol...

id ideally be an tau earth-caste worker, making something or driving something or other, none of this death and explosions for me, thanks.

However id probably end up being inducted in to the guard and thus just die. :(

MadLarkin
05-11-2006, 20:55
id try to be a commissar, i just like the whole summery execution thing.

Tooooon
06-11-2006, 22:18
Talk about stealing a topic, this was made by myself around 3months ago O.o And 6 months before that by a friend of mine.....

PKemisti
06-11-2006, 23:11
Yeah, probably one of the unwashed masses. With my luck, in the path of Hivefleet also.

If I get to choose, Rogue Trader or Techpriest (Not IG Engiseer, I just forgot the titles of actual Questers)
Inquisitor might be neat, but responsibility is bit too much.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
06-11-2006, 23:49
Honestly? I would like to be Lelith Hesparex's slave!! For a chick just exsisting in an imagined universe - SHE IS HOT :D

bnf
06-11-2006, 23:53
If you were a person in the 40k universe, what would you be?

I'd be a lowly civilian, maybe one of the unlucky guys to get drafted into the pdf or imperial guard and slaughtered on some backwater planet or shot by a commissar for cowardice in front of the enemy, or maybe somebody who gets clubbed over the head by some chaos cultist and sacrificde to one of the fark powers.

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, either a Khornate Daemon in possession of a Predator Annihilator with Heavy Bolter Sponsons or a Bloodthirster (getting summoned to slaughter puny things with an axe two times their size, good fun.)

Freak Ona Leash
07-11-2006, 01:13
If I were something in 40k universe? Id be dead. Shot for heresy mostl ikely. Third-class at best. If not shot then shipped off to the Penal LEgions. Where I would be shot by my mates or by my Commisar. Or, if Im lucky, perhaps the enemy might shoot me. If I could be ANYTHING, well, isnt it obvious? Id be The Laughing God. :p

Lieutenant Frederic Henry
07-11-2006, 01:20
I have no problem with table top wargames, but when they become a little too much like role playing games, that's where I draw the line...

Archon
07-11-2006, 01:26
i hope to god i would never become a psykker...the pain. anything but a psykker...

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
07-11-2006, 01:29
My intial reaction is "Space Marine, hells yes!" But then I was thinking, if being a Space Marine is just like being a U.S. Marine except I'll probably be killed sooner and have waaaaay less free time, screw that. I'll either be an Inquisitor myself or help one out.

USABOB
07-11-2006, 03:47
A Rogue trader, selling used space marine rhinos to the Tau empire.

stonefox
07-11-2006, 05:04
I'd be a college student in a modern-day world with less inhabitants, hopefully < 3 billion.

:)

MrLiy
07-11-2006, 13:22
yeah good point from Ventris, if you dont want to serve in real life what makes you think you'll want to serve in 40k?

I used to rationalize not going Air Force because they dont have cool airplanes that transform into robots.(Any Macross fans here?) When in reality its because I dont have the inclination to want to be a pilot of any sort.

I kinda tend to think that you would be what you want to be in real life. Want to be a mechanic? Adeptus Mechanicus for you. Want to be a cop? Arbites. Want to work for the CIA and FBI, then Inquisitor may be more up your alley. Dream of being US Special Forces? Then it looks like stormtroopers for you. Want to be an accountant? administratum for you.

As for me I'd want to be an Imperial Guard officer.(That should give you a clue about my real life goals.)

Gen.Steiner
07-11-2006, 13:28
yeah good point from Ventris, if you dont want to serve in real life what makes you think you'll want to serve in 40k?

As soon as the British Army builds Titans and comes up with a cure for anaphylaxis, I'm in there like a shot. Until then, they won't have me.

In the 40Kiverse... TITAN PRINCEPS, ahahahahaaaa

MaxORK
07-11-2006, 13:46
I expect being the Avatar, although shirt lived would be quite a lot of fun!

Mekboy
07-11-2006, 14:51
Uh, a Mekboy would be fun. Weld random bits of nicked tanks together, cover every open space with Gunz, think real hard and BAM! Instant Battlewagon. Everyne'd luv ya! Plus when you get in a fight you can smack someone upside the head with a wrench!

Yorkiebar
07-11-2006, 16:14
Yeah, 'cos we haven't seen this thread before... Ah well, it's harmless fun...

I would want to be an Imperial Guard outrider. They're not in the rules, but I have seen a few mentions of bikes and half-tracks in the background. What could be better than zooming around on a dirtbike? I went Guard rather than marine because of the whole 'training or praying 20 hours day' thing. You gotta have some fun too...

Kellindel
07-11-2006, 17:07
Oh you people are of little mind ...

I'd be the Emperor!!!!

I figure I've had my will sucked out by my wife that it would be fun to suck the life out of someone else for a change ....

Yeah .... I'd just suck... :-)

Hobgoblyn
07-11-2006, 17:36
If I got to choose, I'd go with a Spyre Hunter. I'd be one of those stealthy flying ones with laser claws. Although I'd probably salvage and upgrade my suit. Then once I trained up and gotten really good I'd go and apply to the Witch Hunter (hang out with SoB recruits or better yet, the rejects) or a Rogue Trader crew (explore the universe with no responsibilities)

Although with my luck I'd likely end up as an Ork philosopher. I'd be the smartest of all my people by far, but spend most my life getting beaten down and enslaved for being runty.

Gen.Steiner
07-11-2006, 18:11
I expect being the Avatar, although shirt lived would be quite a lot of fun!

Shirt lived, eh? Hee hee, an Avatar in a shirt! :D

cav da man
07-11-2006, 18:17
Shirt lived, eh? Hee hee, an Avatar in a shirt! :D

What kinda shirt? :p
Avatar dressed in a pink shirt! ;) Even they have to stick with the fashion.

carl
07-11-2006, 18:49
Like most i would likliy be one of the masses. If i had a choice. A harlequin. No Chaos Gods eating me to worry about, and enough fighting abilities that no ones actully going to kill me by being better than i am:p.

Gen.Steiner
07-11-2006, 19:12
...no ones actully going to kill me by being better than i am:p.

My Imperator Titan obliterates you, and everything within 100m of you, with one of its tertiary weapons systems. :)

carl
07-11-2006, 19:24
I doubt the Harlequins would go near one of thos things, plus it dosen't actually require the titan crew to be more skilled than i am, they just have to get lucky is all:p.

Gen.Steiner
07-11-2006, 19:28
I doubt the Harlequins would go near one of thos things, plus it dosen't actually require the titan crew to be more skilled than i am, they just have to get lucky is all:p.

Who said anything about near? :p Range, my boy, range... and as for luck, advanced targeting systems for the win! :evilgrin:

carl
07-11-2006, 20:15
I belive the holo-suits would kill the targeting systems. My point is with such a massive AoE they only need to drop the round somwhere in the general facility. tghey don't need the skil to give a terran fly a shave (whilst both they and it are in flight) with a ranged weapon. hats how good a Harlequin is:P.

p.s. if you know which book i got the fly comment from then good on you, you get an award:p.

Paul Nexus
08-11-2006, 00:58
Possibly a Khorne Lord, with the Feel No Pain ability. Then I can do what I want and not have to worry about uncomfortable consequences.;)

But mainly I'd want to be a powerful psyker of some kind. Either an Inquisitor, with plenty of Familiars, or a Farseer, with a huge Warlock entourage. I'd make sure the Warlocks were trained in Enhance, Embolden and lots of Destructor and Singing Sinatra Spears. Anything getting close to me will be in for a massive, Farseer style, headache.:D

Andres von Rienholt
08-11-2006, 04:21
With everyone wanting to be a psyker it may be safer to just be a Culexus assassin. Never really get sent on missions but when you do you get to have fun.

Shadow-Under-Rock
08-11-2006, 05:35
The guardsman runing in blind terror from the commisar (I rather get shot by my opponents)

Ardathair
08-11-2006, 09:47
Who said anything about near? :p Range, my boy, range... and as for luck, advanced targeting systems for the win! :evilgrin:

And when the Harlequins get inside your Titan, then what do you do?:D

Gen.Steiner
08-11-2006, 11:33
And when the Harlequins get inside your Titan, then what do you do?:D

Detonate the plasma reactor, obviously. Death to the xenos!

Kriegsherr
08-11-2006, 11:42
I'd be kikkme, the lil' grot waiter in the good ol' "Prancing Gargant"

Minos Engele
08-11-2006, 11:47
If I can choose, probably a aristocrat on some almost forgotten planet where nothing special is ever happening.

If I can't choose, probably the same place, but I'd be a common citizen.

Inio
08-11-2006, 15:54
I'd have to be a Warhound Titan princeps , just because the Imperator Titans will eat all the heavyw weapons possible.

TheImmaterium
08-11-2006, 18:17
I would definately be a high ranking and very, very heartless Inquisitor Lord within the Ordo Hereticus. I'd have the very bad ass looking trench coat and hat, and I'd be all over using two Inferno Pistols and be surrounded by a guard of Crusaders and lots of meltaguns.

Every other planet would be exterminated.

40kdhs
08-11-2006, 19:48
Grey knight Grandmaster

Modhail
08-11-2006, 21:25
Well, in reality I'd most likely be a layman/craftsman in the Adeptus Mechanicus. But, knowing my luck, in some incredibly stupid function...
Junior apprentice ornate plasteel toiletseat carver, 3rd class, second understudy or something daft like that. :(

If I could choose, A Veteran Tau tank commander... Let those gloryboys be cooped up inside their battlesuits, I've got greater speed, armour and a big honkin' railgun. :p
That or a Rogue trader; power, (relative) freedom, obscene wealth, private army and spacefleet, obscure delicacies on the table every night, drop-dead gorgeous courtesanes, hell, I could just buy that Hammerhead from the Tau and have some veteran commander teach me to operate it in my copious free time (love those aides-de-camp who run my daily business !:D )...

Greetings, Modhail

Warlord Kyle
08-11-2006, 22:12
Drazhar master of blades, a space wolve scout, sgt. gaurds man or a vinicare assaisn.:cool:
As nice as it would be to be a rogue trader, i would like to have a massive army behind me then money and courtesanes refilling my glass, if i had a hive fleet coming at me.

Ravenwing gunner
09-11-2006, 03:32
Master of the Ravenwing with the speeder.... Roads? Where were going we don't need roads.

Faolin
09-11-2006, 09:50
If "I" (ie, me now, not me with a personality transplant) was dumped in the 41st millenium, I'd like to live on some random Tau planet a LONG way from the border. A restaurant owner or craftsman or something. So I never see all those nasty bugs and monsters and Commissars.

If I COULD get a personality transplant..... Space Marine Librarian. Preferably a powerful one. Destroying legions of foes with your mind would give anyone an ego trip.

Gen.Steiner
09-11-2006, 11:17
Destroying legions of foes with your mind would give anyone an ego trip.

Anyone still wondering why people aren't choosing Titans? :p

Imperator Titan = Biggest Ego Trip Ever (not including Battleship Captains).

Grimmeth
09-11-2006, 11:49
The Deceiver could be good for a laugh, immortal, whole army of mindless automatons at my disposal and if I got bored I spose I could always try to orchestrate another war or something.

Or the Laughing God (assuming they're not the same) for pretty similar reasons...

junglesnake
09-11-2006, 12:22
How has no one said demon or emperor yet?

Both live forever and effectively can not be killed. What about the Ultramarine Primarch?

I think if I was to be honest if it was as a normal person it would be as a inhabitant of a Tau captured planet - now those guys are much nicer than the facist, gothic and depressing imperium.

Having said that I will now be hunted down and killed by an inquisitor for my heresy. I play Dark Angels and Catachans who both sit on the very edge of imperial devotion at the best of times . . . .:D

elvinltl
09-11-2006, 12:37
I wish to be an undiscovered moderately developed citizen of a race at the very very extreme edge of the galaxy protected by an eternal warp storm living in peace and harmony. Hopefully, in the garden of eden aka White Library. :D

If i were to be much more adventurous, i will choose to be a Farseer.

Gen.Steiner
09-11-2006, 15:53
How has no one said demon or emperor yet?

They have.

I think if I was to be honest if it was as a normal person it would be as a inhabitant of a Tau captured planet - now those guys are much nicer than the facist, gothic and depressing imperium.

How naive you are! :p The Tau are just as vicious as the Imperium, they're simply able to put better spin on their actions...

Merrywinds
09-11-2006, 18:13
I guess I would be a Vindicare Assassin. I seem to have an endless patience and a steady hand, so why not...

BloodOrkClanBoss
09-11-2006, 18:58
Blood Axe Kommando

Aragami
09-11-2006, 19:33
Eldar Autarch or Ordo Haereticus Inq.

legoburner
09-11-2006, 21:59
I think it would have to be a Tau scientist. Something about working on the very edge of technology with an optimistic, growing, (good?) empire being powered forward by advanced discoveries from the labs is very appealing. Preferably well away from any hive fleets or imperial space (and not the planet with the massive plasma storms either).

MrLiy
10-11-2006, 01:10
I was going to comment on the political implications of all the people choosing to go TAU. Then again my brain is fried from my last political science class.

I just find it interesting how many would rather be Tau than human. You know the tau have their major flaws too...

cailus
10-11-2006, 01:29
If I was around in the 41st millenium I would be a fruit salad. In fact I'd like to be a fruit salad right now.

Gop
10-11-2006, 01:30
Mmm, an assassin, either Vindicare or Callidus.

Free travel & free bioenhancements. Knowing my luck I'd be chosen as an eversor...

kman77775
10-11-2006, 01:36
lord macragge , Marneus Calgar of the ultramarines

suplicor
10-11-2006, 02:02
Navigator,'cause there is no one more important in the 40k universe,and their bloddy RICH!
2nd choice,of course,a Spacewolf.

max the dog
10-11-2006, 02:07
I'd probably the bubbling mass in the Tyranid digenstion pool.

NeonDante
10-11-2006, 02:26
I would be an ork warboss! No stress, no angst, just a lifetime of doing what you want, looking for fights and generally brawling. Plus I'd have acess to keen wargear, and have lots of da boyz to boss around.

The only downside is the lack of genitals.

So on second thought I'd probably want to be a pampered noble, with a hot wife and loads of cash.

Spotty
10-11-2006, 02:36
I would so be an inquisitor in the ordo xenos/MALLEUS. Imagine inquisitor Eisenhorn with cooler weapons and less of the stupid mistakes and you,ve got me... :)
PURGE THE DAEMONS!!!!!!
lol
that would be so kick ass

jimback
10-11-2006, 05:00
I would be a farmer on an agro world. Nice and safe, after reading the fluff I would not like to be on any planet in war lol!

viokni
10-11-2006, 05:34
I would be an eldar going down the warriors path, then the seers path, then I would become a warlock ;)

Ianos
10-11-2006, 09:27
I think it is very easy to answer....

Eldar Star Eagle, bird of prey, flying high!

junglesnake
10-11-2006, 10:57
I was going to comment on the political implications of all the people choosing to go TAU. Then again my brain is fried from my last political science class.

I just find it interesting how many would rather be Tau than human. You know the tau have their major flaws too...

I think the flaws are understood its just that you are less likely to be burnt alive if you pass a bad comment on the Emperor.

Note that the Imperium has its ideals of what a race should be like. Guilleman of the Ultramarines is white with blonde hair so his warriors are geneticaly reproduced to appear like that also - does that not remind you of something?

Not to mention that it views pretty much every other race it comes into contact with as the enemy! Do you see any Tau in the imperial forces? No but you have accepted humans in the Tau army.

Hang on, someone is comeing . . . .

<sound of heavey bootladen footsteps with a slight clink of religous garb>

Oh God, help me, they heard that . . . . . .!!!!

<muted scream, sound of flame pistol ignighting and then flames latching hold of denim and cotton material>

Artemis
10-11-2006, 12:43
I have always wanted to be a gaunt. To mindlessly fleet ahead, unable to resist the urge to sacrifice my life in order to produce a new, slightly more advanced life-form. And getting to kill lots and lots of things on the way:evilgrin:

Gimp
10-11-2006, 13:09
I would like to work on Holly Terra little chance of invasion here. (tell that to Rogal Dorn)

Christine
10-11-2006, 13:34
What would I probably be: Adeptus Mechanicus Surveyor

What would I like to be? Solitaire

Gen.Steiner
10-11-2006, 13:57
Note that the Imperium has its ideals of what a race should be like. Guilleman of the Ultramarines is white with blonde hair so his warriors are geneticaly reproduced to appear like that also - does that not remind you of something?

Yes, they do: Human. Vulkan of the Salamanders was black, so his warriors are genetically reproduced to appear like that also - does that not remind you of something? :rolleyes:

The Imperium itself isn't racist in the sense that we think of it. Some worlds within the Imperium will be (just as some are patriarchal, some matriarchal, some steampunk, some feudal, etc etc), but the Imperium itself couldn't give two hoots if you're black, white, brown, pink or slightly tanned. So long as you're human (or at a stretch an abhuman) and you worship the God-Emperor, you're all fine and dandy, carry on.

If you're neither of those... then BURN, SCUM!

Wolf Sgt Kirke
10-11-2006, 14:20
I'm a Electronics technician in the REME so probably an Electro Priest (remember them?;) )

but i'd love to be a sniper in the Tanith First and only!

BOOM! headshot....hehehe

Bortus
10-11-2006, 15:46
I'd be me with terminator armor, a heavy bolter and an unlimited supply of ammo!

Paul Nexus
11-11-2006, 00:21
I suppose at a second glance an Eldar Autarch would be nice. With wings, a power weapon and reaper launcher. That way I can order troops to push forward whilst pummelling the enemy at range, possibly with a dark reaper retinue. And if the enemy get too close, I can fly away to safety, or possibly give them a power-poking.

Rogue trader wouldn't be bad. I'd recruit deserters from the guard, possibly venture into Tau space and steal some of thier auxilleries.

BattleSarge
11-11-2006, 02:53
Who I would want to be: Grey Knight GrandMaster or Adeptus Custodes Centurion.

Who I would probably be: poor sap guardsman who didn't hear the order to advance in front of a commisar.

newpaintbrush
11-11-2006, 04:26

I personally would be an Astartes, just for the fun of it:p

A Chaplain, would be great...

Wow, you mean I get to CHOOSE to be a super-rich and super-powerful functionally immortal (thanks to gen-therapy and maybe some light Chaos worship on the side) dude?

Hm, fight, fight, fight, die, die, die.

Or women, wine, song. Also cheesy poofs.

Is this SUPPOSED to be a trick question? :confused: :wtf:

MrPickles
11-11-2006, 04:32
I would be a warp spider. Now you see me.....now you don't!

scavenseer
11-11-2006, 10:43
I would choose to be either lilleth harroapex the DE lady or Jessie Banda out of the ghosts (mmm..rawne!!:) )

nanktank
11-11-2006, 10:49
I'd be a human who thinks he's an ork....wait thats me in this universe. No I'd be a blood axe boy (an ork who thinks he's a humie!)

Wolf Sgt Kirke
11-11-2006, 11:31
Can i pick again?

I'd be Ceglan Varl! I'm too loud to be a Ghost sniper

Captain Micha
11-11-2006, 11:46
Either a Chapter Master. (from my space marines)
Or I would be an Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus.

Ko Improbable
11-11-2006, 14:21
I'd probably a crisis suit pilot. That's just my sort of thing. :D

Freak Ona Leash
11-11-2006, 14:30
I would choose to be either lilleth harroapex the DE lady or Jessie Banda out of the ghosts (mmm..rawne!!:) )
Y'know, I was mildly suprised at this post. Then I thought that it was possible scavenseer was a girl. Which is of course laughable. Everyone knows women dont exist and are only a myth perpetuated by evil anarcho-commu-liberal Tau. ;)

Gen.Steiner
11-11-2006, 14:33
Y'know, I was mildly suprised at this post. Then I thought that it was possible scavenseer was a girl. Which is of course laughable. Everyone knows women dont exist and are only a myth perpetuated by evil anarcho-commu-liberal Tau. ;)

Skavenseer's the exception that proves the myth. :p

Personally if I was going to join the Ghosts, then I'd have to go for Caffran...

...even though he buys the farm in the latest book!

Webwolf
11-11-2006, 22:22
I would like to be something big and nasty, say like a Carnifex or a Ork Warboss. Why? So I can smash things.