PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Wonder and Outrageous Fortune!

Lord Lucifer
03-07-2005, 16:28
Gives us your tales of mystery and triumph, of joy and despair, of incompetance and hilarity!

Now that the RPG forum has diversified to not only roleplay in, but to discuss roleplaying games as well, I thought it about time to get folks talking about the memorable moments of their gaming careers.

Any game system, provided it can be classified as a roleplaying game, let us hear of every high, low, shrewd cunning, and blatant stupidity

I'll share my embarressing blunders after a post or two :D

Aurelien
04-07-2005, 01:29
I was playing a game of Fading Suns, and somehow, I was put in charge of the group of Questing Knights/henchmen. We were investigating something or other (its been so long, I have actually forgotten), and we had done a fly over of someones moon base, and we decided to sneak up on it (yes, after doing the flyover). We landed over the horizon, donned space suits and started out.

We hadnt gotten far when we were accosted but a group of thugs, also in space suits, but carrying missile launchers. They proceeded to shoot us to death, except for our monk/religious dude/guy who really didnt know how to fly the ship. So he ran back to the ship, and proceeded to try and fix the jump drive with a massive pistol.

Needless to say, that was the end of that game.

Another Fading Suns game-Same GM, and me still somehow in charge. I was House Hawkwood, and while a Knight, had joined the Imperial Navy and attained the rank of Captain. We were performing antipirate duties I think, and discovered a ship out beyond the jump gates. In it, we found an Ur artefact, that of a head. Needless to say, we took it, and somehow I ended up wearing it as a hat. It gave me strange powers, which appeared to inclde a version of Force Lightning, which I proceeded to use on our priest (Who loved frictionless gel,-long story).

I frget how that one ended, but all of our games seemed to involve one of the party member being controlled by something/someone else, and wasting the other members.

And this one time, playing a high powered Shadowrun game, my team and I HALO jumped into Aztlan-throgh the eye of a hurricane. Like I said, really high powered. Our decker then proceeded to book us into one of thier delta grade Cyber clinics, and we got hooked up good.

Lord Lucifer
04-07-2005, 03:39
Last year, playing a Marvel Comics game (forget what it's called, but it's Marvel superheroes so there's not really much that needs explaining beyond that)

We created new heroes, set off to save the day
A group of terrorists or crooks attempted to blow up a science lab, robbing a bank to cover for it... at least that's how I remember it.
Anyway, my character was a phaser, with the innate ability to become invisible, and able to throw TK force at people

We took out the hostage taking crooks holding the bank for ransom (taking cash, threatening the civilians, ranting madly), and entered the science facility, in the office floors, nice reception area
It's a good thing I was invisible, as I crouched down on the floor with the idea of phasing my head through the floor to check out the floor below me... it's at this point I realised I had a long way to go to become a superhero, as I completely failed to phase myself through the door, and spent a good minute or two bashing my head against the floor.

Stupendous, no doubt

Nid
04-07-2005, 03:42
#5598 +(3638)- [X]

<Kazz> Do vampires have anuses? Cause that's why I wouldn't let this kid invade a vampire's anus in this RPG, right, I was GMing, and his character was an Anus Shade, with the power to possess and control the anuses of people and animals.. and I figured that vampires don't have anuses.
<Zaratustra> a vampire's anus is present, but non-working.
<Zaratustra> like a network card without the appropriate driver.
<Kazz> Wow. You're the biggest dork on Earth.
<Sharkey> And you're DMing an rpg with Anus Shades.