PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Ex. Sorceror Demon Sword+Hel C. 2K

MarcoPollo
05-11-2006, 06:34
I've got 40 pts left over. And I wanted to get your opinions on a list that I might use next time I play. I have been winning alot with a Chaos MSU type army so I wanted to change things up a bit. I know that there are a few mega priced components of the list, but, whadayagunnadu!

Exalted Sorceror of Slaanesh -- Level 3, Demonsword, amulet of protection, chaos steed. -- 384pts
Exalted Hero Undivided -- Helm of many eyes and great weapon. -- 120 pts.
Undivided shaman Level 2 -- dispell scroll and powerstone. -- 160pts
Wargor undivided -- chaos armor and great weapon. -- 72pts.
Total characters: -- 745 pts

Hell Cannon: 270 pts
25 marauders la/hw/shield full command -- 200 pts
5 chosen knights of slaanesh -- std, champion, warbanner. -- 310 pts
5 marauder horsemen -- Flails, champion muscian -- 93 pts
4 X 5 warhounds of Chaos -- 120 pts.
8gor/14 ungor beastherd -- Full Command -- 147 pts
5 furries -- 75 pts.
Total Units: -- 1215 pts.

Total: 1960 pts.

I have 40 pts left over. Suggestions anyone for what to do with these forty points. Is there anything you would reduce to get more points for something else?

Chris_Tzeentch
10-11-2006, 18:07
I would probably add some furies if possible.

MarcoPollo
10-11-2006, 19:03
I got furries already.

But I think that adding a level to my lord might really help the magic phase. But, that is really pumping up the points on the lord. Perhaps another knight or finding 55 pts for a very small beast herd. We'll see.

ardude
10-11-2006, 19:12
maby make ur sorc level 4?

Chris_Tzeentch
11-11-2006, 17:15
Sorry, I meant increase the unit size. I usually run 8, which makes them resilient enough for other tasks as well as taking out artillery crew. Furies are amazing for crossfire.

MarcoPollo
13-11-2006, 02:06
I know that furries can be good at hunting mages and warmachines. Warmachines are the bane of this army a little bit. But, I never really found the crossfire rules to be that huge. Maybe I am a little bit slow when it comes to developing crossfire tactics.

I think that I should get more bang for my points with my general. If I am already commiting all these points, I want it to be effective in the magic phase and the combat phase. So, with a level 4 and level 2 I get 8 dice (6 dice can be used on the lord and 2 dice can cast some lower level spells). I should be able to get 3 successfull (3 dice then 3 dice then 2 dice) spells per phase with this. This will force my opponent to deal with this threat. However, this will help but not be overpowering. It is better than 7 dice for sure.

Any suggestions as to the lore that my bray shamman should take?

Voltaire
13-11-2006, 08:15
Beasts. Low casting spells and the rather effective 'Bears Anger' as basic mean you'll be providing your enemy with even more little surprises. It also provides you with some excellent magic missiles and a means of halting cavalry (dependant on how you roll)

MarcoPollo
14-11-2006, 18:49
@ Voltaire,

Hmm! Alot of people say that beasts is the way to go. Sure sound fluffy enough.

Has anyone thought about Shadow? I hear it is pretty good in combo with Slaanesh too.

Shaitan
16-11-2006, 09:28
I would also go for the Beast lore. I think that only a lvl 2 Shadow wizard just isn't enough to get the nice spells off. The Beast lore has so many nice spells that it doesn't really matter wich spells you will get. And the low casting values of the Beast lore are nice.

For the spare points I would consider upgrading your Sorcerer of Slaanesh to lvl 4.

MarcoPollo
16-11-2006, 16:18
Sold!

Thanks for the thoughts. I'll go with level 4 and maybe an extra ungor to the herd. Beasts is fluffy, so I'll use that one and see. I'll let you know what happens.

MarcoPollo
17-11-2006, 17:53
OK! heres the report.

I played a skaven horde. And I got massacred. I kind of knew this list wasn't my style and a skaven horde with lots of magic didn't help. I was trounced and run of the board.

Here's why!

1) the Lord was 400+ points and I couldn't dominate the magic phase nor could I dominate at close combat. My CR was desinged to generate from killing power, but I could not out gun his horde. Secondly, the mass ranks of skaven gave them good leadership and he had some frenzied troops, so the hell cannon couldn't pack the kind of punch it needed. It too didn't earn its points back. Plus with the demons sword, I killed myself at the end.

Also, I find it necessary to practice measure distances before I use warmachines that require measurements. I did not get this practice before hand, and I wound up killing more of my own troops than his.

Thirdly, the slaanesh knights were forced to charge too early and were drawn out of the battle plan too quickly. I took a charge from some cencer bearers and failed 4 of the 5 toughness tests. Yikes.

Because these three "big ticket" items took up so much of my army, I could not protect my flanks properly and I did not have enough support to win other areas of the magic phase.

Also, I was reluctant to send my general in to combat early due to the drawback on his weapon. He only lasted 3 combat phases. Before he killed himself.

Plus, I also rolled really crappy and my opponent was playing an army that he knew very well.

So, Demonsword, bad! Hell Cannon OK but need to practice measuring.

Shaitan
20-11-2006, 08:33
Too bad you got massacred! Those damn rats!

To give your magic phase more punch you might need an extra lvl 2 sorcerer. With 8 levels of magic you will probably have enough to dominate the magic phase in most games.