PDA

View Full Version : what looks like its going to stay the same for VC?

dark angel
05-11-2006, 11:09
hi

im interested in empire as you might of see below and im also interested in vampires.
now im just wondering what models will be changing?
i like the look of the skeles and the zombies so i dont really think they will change and the characters will look cool with the update i think.
so what else will change?
im converting necromancers,dire wolves,grave guard,black knights and spirit hosts my self anyway so they wont matter but what about the
banshees,black coach(how many can you have in an army as im converting one at the mo?) and fell bats?

Scythe
07-11-2006, 09:29
I think almost everything will be changed. Most models are quite dated. I also like the skeletons and zombies, but they are some of the oldest plastics around, and a lot of people complain about proposions, so a good chance they get updated.

The only units that might not change that fast for me are ghouls, grave guard (relatively new models) and banshees (which look ok).

Voltaire
07-11-2006, 09:34
The zombie sprue is really versatile so all I can see being changed there is some sort of new command sprue for them.

Jedi152
07-11-2006, 09:46
I would like to see a new better proportioned zombie sprue, and we've got a mention of the new skeletons in a thread somewhere...

Apart from that i can see whole revision on the cards. The models need it.

Basically just buy what you like. If you don't like it, chances are there will be another model in 12 months or so.

Harry
07-11-2006, 12:09
Scythe and Jedi are both correct....there is a 'whole revision'....to give the undead a more unified look......and 'Almost everything will be changed'. ( including Skeletons and Ghouls)

I would buy the models you really like because those will always find a place in your army/collection.

Jedi152
07-11-2006, 12:13
The skeletons are rumoured to look like the ones in the Mark of Chaos art book.

Any news on zombies Harry?

Scythe
07-11-2006, 12:17
Thanks Harry, that is what I suspected. So, Grave Guard are also updated, or no news of that yet? (call me odd, but I really like those models)

Harry
07-11-2006, 12:18
No....nothing on zombies I know whos doing the skeletons and the ghouls but have not heard who is doing the zombies....but given other stuff I have heard I do not doubt that they will be redone.

Scythe ...I'll PM you.

Ender Shadowkin
07-11-2006, 19:27
Interesting, should this be in the Rumors Forum?

It would be good to shake up the banter on HE having heavy armor or not and the stat line of the powder monkey ;)

uzi4u2
07-11-2006, 22:40
could be sweet to see some new units in the army ...some warewolfs perhaps :)
and maybe some hard hitting units ( like warewolfs perhaps ) .
in conclution ; warewolfs

Scythe
08-11-2006, 07:56
Not likely tough; gw seems to keep vampires and werewolves rather separated.

th0r
08-11-2006, 12:21
Don't tell Von Carstein that...

the_yuk
09-11-2006, 00:00
Nooo why redo zombies there out of proportion limbs are what makes them great!

Scythe
09-11-2006, 07:37
Don't tell Von Carstein that...

There is a difference between 'wolves' and 'werewolves'.

Besides, check the rumour roundup. No werewolves of flesh golems planned.

;)

maze ironheart
10-11-2006, 19:15
I think every thing will change especually if the rise of nagash campaign happens.

Scythe
11-11-2006, 10:41
Again, check the rumours. Looks like the nagash campaign will not be happening anytime soon.

Sedekiel
11-11-2006, 12:21
About the hard hitting unit bit, dont forget that we have Black Knights and Grave guard.
The Ethereals are changing for sure and I think that we will be getting some alive servants as core choice. I see some shooting potential for our Army...

Cheers fdr

Harry
11-11-2006, 13:00
In what way are they changing ...or are you talking about models?
Alive servants..interesting.....What makes you think this?
and shooting....skeletal archers return?

EvC
11-11-2006, 13:32
Please don't post what you merely think or would like as if it's a genuine rumour, it's not constructive. Thankfully we have Harry who provides genuine information :)

New Skeletons eh? Well I don't mind that there's a box of them being mailed to me right now...

Harry
11-11-2006, 13:45
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I wasn't meaning to question the truth of his rumours I was genuinely asking what he had heard
in order to cross reference it with what I have heard.
Sedekiel may have different sources to mine and thus heard different information....all valuable pieces of the puzzle. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sedekiel
11-11-2006, 19:20
The fact that the ethereals are changing comes from the rosters in the back of the WHRB. All the ethereals are to become To 7.
Apart from that since not only the VC have ethereal units but other models are also I would suspect that if the ethereal rule were to stay it would be included like a universal rule in the book.
About the live servants deal I cant say for sure because the info I got is not beyond questioning. I have heard though that some help in the form of "alive" units will be coming our way. They will probably include some form of shooting weaponry...Yes master, right away master.

Cheers fdr

Falkman
11-11-2006, 19:46
The fact that the ethereals are changing comes from the rosters in the back of the WHRB. All the ethereals are to become To 7.
That does in no way mean that Ethereal creatures will become T7.
The T7 in the Big book is probably just there to represent Ethereal creatures resilience to new players, without adding special rules.
Like it says in the Big book, those stats are there so you can try playing with any models you have without owning the army books.
Don't take it to mean anything that will last.

And every unit not from the VC codex with the ethereal rule tend to have that rule written down in their own army book.

Harry
11-11-2006, 20:32
Well Falkmans covererd the Ethereal thing comprehensively. so lets move on.

We all ready have some alive units...ghouls and bats...but you were led to believe that this is something new?.....(like sylvanian levy from Storm of Chaos for example)

And the shooting..... this wasn't a separate thing (like skeleton archers for example) but connected to these new 'alive' fellows?

Dont mean to be a bother just really interested to know exactly what was said.

Sedekiel
11-11-2006, 21:59
What I heard is that some of the Bloodlines will have the option of human units for core. When my source refered to them there was a hint of normal statline humans with some ballistic weaponry. He told me also that there was an issue with some basic VC rules printed in the new book and that the issues faced were bigger than they thought. Now which those problems were I seriously dont know...
This info is about three months old and believe me I dont want to mislead anyone or act like the guy in direct contact with GW. This is what I heard and and all I am trying to do is share as much as possible...

Cheers fdr

Harry
11-11-2006, 22:16
What I heard is that some of the Bloodlines will have the option of human units for core. When my source refered to them there was a hint of normal statline humans with some ballistic weaponry. He told me also that there was an issue with some basic VC rules printed in the new book and that the issues faced were bigger than they thought. Now which those problems were I seriously dont know...
This info is about three months old and believe me I dont want to mislead anyone or act like the guy in direct contact with GW. This is what I heard and and all I am trying to do is share as much as possible...

Cheers fdr

And thanks for sharing and trying so hard to answer all my questions...it is appreciated.
The humans thing is interesting although I have not heard this anywhere else its still a long way off so anything is posible. But armed with this information I can try and get clarification so thanks for coming back to me
I am not sure about it being influenced by bloodlines this does seem to contradict other things I have heard.
I am confident that the new book wasn't 'printed' three months ago....unless you mean in the current book....in which case this is true....there are some problems.

Sedekiel
11-11-2006, 23:01
@Harry: I have sent you a pm
Cheers fdr

the_yuk
11-11-2006, 23:53
Id like to see humans included into the list, i can see that bloodline wise it would tbe the von carstrans and lahmians that are the two most likely to include them as an option. Hopefully if they are implemented they get decent options unlike the sylvanian levy in the appendix in the army book. Id like to see Archers, Crossbowmen and spearman. If all these rumours are true it looks as though us VC players are going to be very happy!

Falkman
12-11-2006, 01:32
Id like to see Archers, Crossbowmen and spearman. If all these rumours are true it looks as though us VC players are going to be very happy!
No, let's not go down that road.
Human troops should stay in human armies, if the VC really must get some kind of human troops, let them be poorly equipped and trained, as it doesn't fit the nature of the Vampires to have professionally trained fighting forces consisting of living men (some Carsteins might, but not enough of them to justify several different troop choices being in the army book).
Besides, it would make take away much of their uniqueness, I don't want every army to have access to human crossbowmen, archers and spearmen, I want diversity in the lists, every list should really feel unique.

Gorbad Ironclaw
12-11-2006, 07:41
I agree with that. Lets keep the human troops out of it. We don't need them, it rather delutes the feel of the army, and it would give us to many easy options.

Besides, I thought the importance of bloodlines would be further reduced, having them more or less only as examples of vampires you can build, and as flavour text. So army composition rules based on bloodlines sounds very strange to me.

Scythe
12-11-2006, 12:08
I agree with that. Lets keep the human troops out of it. We don't need them, it rather delutes the feel of the army, and it would give us to many easy options.

Besides, I thought the importance of bloodlines would be further reduced, having them more or less only as examples of vampires you can build, and as flavour text. So army composition rules based on bloodlines sounds very strange to me.

I thought that as well. New living troops, especially based of empire state guard or militia, seem very unlikely to me (plus I agree they take away character of the army).

Sedekiel
12-11-2006, 13:31
Noone said that if we got living troops that they would be based on empire state troops. But a band of skirmishing dirty battle-field scavengers wouldnt sound too bad now, would it...

Cheers fdr

Scythe
12-11-2006, 13:34
Well, those are ghouls, aren't they? ;)

DisruptorX
12-11-2006, 15:11
I think VC should get the option to take skeletal bowmen (maybe crossbows?) and should get screaming skull catapaults back. How exactly do Vampire Counts besiege cities if they have no artillery?

edit: Well, actually, as I typed that, I thought of wall climbing skeletons. But still!

Harry
12-11-2006, 15:16
Over the walls with bats and Zombie Dragons, through the walls with Ethereals and by re-animating everything that ever got buried within the city walls. Oh and a Black coach cunningly desguised as the 6.30 stage coach from Altdorf.:D