PDA

View Full Version : what army to do???

dark angel
05-11-2006, 19:02
hi

im currently deciding on a new army and ive come down to 3
empire
vampire counts(strogi or blood dragon)
orcs (an all orc army no gobboes in site)

so what would you recomend
im after something very different from ogres, something that has a few conversion possabilites and an army that needs some practice to use properly
also this army will be built upon to about 10,000 points so i need some options
(i might venture into common gobboes with the orc army)

PS thanks in advance

lee
05-11-2006, 19:12
try empire

dark angel
05-11-2006, 19:30
ye my local independant sed he can get me one and keep it for me till after christmas so it looks like an army of them

Steel_Legion
05-11-2006, 21:18
Empire, the new models look excelent, and they are pretty easy to use i think

gorenut
06-11-2006, 22:26
I'd say you can't go wrong with Empire or Orcs. Vampire Counts are supposedly getting updated within a year (after Empire and HE).

Voltaire
07-11-2006, 08:59
Empire is th only suggestion I am going to give you. VC are one dimensional and I do not wish the burden of a gallon of green paint on anyone.

gorenut
07-11-2006, 09:26
Empire is th only suggestion I am going to give you. VC are one dimensional and I do not wish the burden of a gallon of green paint on anyone.

Well, if the man wants to go Orc heavy, it's not so bad. I'm actually really tempted to start Orcs too. I always kinda wanted to do Black Orc army and now it's viable without the Storm of Chaos list.

Iron Father
07-11-2006, 18:20
VC are one dimensional

and empire isnt? all i ever see is gunlines, atillery and in once case, HUGE ass blocks of 30+ cav.

notsoevil
07-11-2006, 18:37
Hell, so many of the armies are one-dimensional really. At least on paper. That's why you gotta try out new ways to play them.

dirach.
07-11-2006, 21:10
Hmm.

I play both Vc and Empire.

My favourite is the Empire. I just like to play things that are not to alien. I also like the fact that there is so much choice. You could play heavy infantary, shooting or cavalary, or a balanced army. If you have a large collection you never have to use the same army twice. :D. The plastic boxes also gives you lot of options on how put them together, and the option to mix the sets. (The soon to be outdated soldier box are great at this, even if the new one looks better)

The reason why I like VC is that they are the most fun to model. Putting together zombies is a lot of fun, espesially when you mix them with other sets. There is also the "how many zombies from one box" challenge. Skeletons are also fun, and mixing skeletons parts with knight sets (Empire or bretonnian) gives great black knights and you get to use you're imagination. I don't think there is to much option when it comes to putting the army together, so in my experience the armies I use look the same.

I don't play O&G but my brother do. They have lots of option to, and have some weird stuff aswell. I guess they are fun to build.

So if you are going to collect 200 points I would go VC. If you want to have a lifetime army I would go for empire or O&G.

But I have to vote empire as they are my favourit.

Move Fast Hit Low
08-11-2006, 01:27
if you like the human feel go with empire

if you like vampire and horror movies go with vampire counts

if you like lord of the rings go with orcs

Iron Father
08-11-2006, 06:22
say screw it and play an all zombie list

theres nothing like feilding close to 200 models.....and winning with zombies :P

gorenut
08-11-2006, 06:58
say screw it and play an all zombie list

theres nothing like feilding close to 200 models.....and winning with zombies :P

There's also nothing as tedious and boring after 2 games.

dirach.
08-11-2006, 12:16
There's also nothing as tedious and boring after 2 games.

Putting together 200 zombies would result in some weird zombies. :p :skull:

Gimp
08-11-2006, 20:44
Go Empire their army book is coming out soon and they have some cool modles (besides the fire wizard:eyebrows:). Besides that they are very diverse army. It can be very shooty. It can have loads of Infantry. It can be Cavalry heavy. Its really cool.

daemonprince andrew
08-11-2006, 22:38
id go empire or orcs as they have awesome army deal for them online (im getting the empire)

gorenut
08-11-2006, 23:00
id go empire or orcs as they have awesome army deal for them online (im getting the empire)

They do? I think the army "deals" are rather lame. However, I am waiting for the Empire's rumored detachment boxes which will have 30 models for $50, which equates to cheaper than most regiment boxes out there. If anything, that's the deal to look out for. I'll get atleast 2 boxes of those.