PDA

View Full Version : Building the Company!

Astador
05-11-2006, 19:24
Hail brothers and sister! It has been a long time since I have begun a project here, but it is that time again! In preparation for the new Dark Angel codex I have begun to assemble a Company of Space Marines. In essence it isn't the third Company, but it is a large army that fits the FOC and is roughly the size of a Company. It is based off this story I wrote here,http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=97760

HQ
Master Gabriel- SoS, Storm Bolter, Iron Halo, Artificer Armor.

Command Squad- Plasma Gun, Sacred Standard, Vet. Sergeant-PF, BP, Company Champion, Apoth., Termi Honors.
Drop Pod

Chaplain Marius- Jump Pack, Storm Bolter, Crozius, Termi Honors.
Deep Strike

ELITES
Dreadnought- TLLC, DCCW, Extra Armour.
Drop Pod

Dreadnought- Plasma Cannon, DCCW, Extra Armour.
Drop Pod

Dreadnought- Assault Cannon, DCCW, Extra Armour.
Drop Pod

TROOPS
Tact. Squad 1- 8 Bolters, 1 Plasma Gun, Vet. Sergeant-PW, BP, Termi Honors.
Drop Pod

Tact. Squad 2- 8 bolters, 1 Plasma Gun, Vet. Sergeant- PW, BP, Termi Honors.
Drop Pod

Tact. Squad 3- 7 Bolters, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Plasma Cannon, Vet. Sergeant- PF, PP, Termi. Honors.
Drop Pod

Tact. Squad 4- 7 Bolters, 1 Plasma Gun, 1 Missile Launcher, Vet. Sergeant- PF, PP, Termi. Honors.
Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK
Assault Squad 1- 7 Bolt Pistols/CCW, 2 Flamers, Vet. Sergeant- BP, PF, Termi. Honors.
Deep Strike

Assault Squad 2(Chaplains Retinue)- 7 Bolt Pistols/CCW, 2 Plasma Pistols/CCW, Vet. Sergeant- PF, BP, Termi. Honors.
Deep Strike

RavenWing Land Speeder Squad- 3 Land Speeder Tornados, Assault Cannons/Heavy Bolter combo.
Deep Strike??

HEAVY
Predator Annihilator- TLLC, Lascannon Side Sponsons, Extra Armour.
Starts on Table

Devastator Squad- 4 Missile Launchers, 5 bolters, Sergeant- Bolter, Termi. Honors.
Starts on Table

Devastator Squad- 4 Missile Launchers, 5 Bolters, Sergeant- Bolter, Termi. Honors.
Starts on Table.

All the Italics are already bought models, Bold is half bought, meaning, I only own half the unit atm. Ones with nothing done to them I still need to buy. I'll underline each when it is finished. The Master is almost done and Marius just needs his Jump Pack fnished.

The list is 87 Marines, 3 Dreadnoughts, 1 Tank, 3 Speeders. I'm not sure if I should keep the predator or get a third squad of Devastators though. Any suggestions?

I'll post pictures of what is built and started tonight! I still have lots of work to do on my Deathwing, but they shall also become an entire company. That is my X-mas project, is for my Deathwing army to become the first Company, minus the Land Raiders.
Cheers,
The Master Chaplain.

Brush your teeth
05-11-2006, 19:45
sound pretty good, ill be keeping an eye on this.

as for the third squad of devestators, unless you are going to be painting them in the colours of a reserve company i'd miss them out as your limited to two as a company. also, im guessing your only taking 4 of the 6 tacticals for points reasons?

good luck with the project

Astador
05-11-2006, 20:00
Yeah, I keep thinking though, that I want all infintry supported by Dreadnoughts, but it would make sense to take the Pred. over a squad of Devastators from the 9th. Well really I took 4 of 6 to get the army to fit the FO Chart. I wanted this to be a playable army, and until I see Codex: Apocolypse and its FOC then I will be following the current. After I finish the gaming army though, I will be adding the other two tactical squads.
I'll get some pictures up later of what I have. I need to finish this by Dec. since thats when my next project starts. LatD!!!

Brush your teeth
05-11-2006, 20:27
Well really I took 4 of 6 to get the army to fit the FO Chart.
you do know you can take 6 troops in 1 FO chart right :eyebrows:

anyway cant wait to see pics :)

Astador
05-11-2006, 21:20
No! I thought it was 4! lol Now I feel retarded!! gosh! lol
Alright, so in the end, I might have 6, who knows! We'll see how long it takes me to do the first 4 and I'll go from there! I have 3 Land Speeders to order too!! damn! lol