PDA

View Full Version : Warp Spiders Price Increase

Tooooon
05-11-2006, 20:36
Well, a small while back when I posted about the Warp spiders box set costing £2 more than if you bought the blisters I knew there had to be something in it.

A Blister pack of 2 Warp Spiders now costs £7 :/ Exarch by himself £6

~David

EDIT: Btw, I posted here since its letting the 40k players know that theres been a small price increase on Warp spiders, so stay on topic about Warp Spiders if your going to discuss prices.

Luna de hierro
05-11-2006, 20:48
Remember, itīs not a increase... itīs only a price adjustment.

ashc
05-11-2006, 20:57
well, their whole price structure has changed; i think its now everything in band D is £7.00 instead of £6.00.

And yes, thats on Warp Spiders. I love Warp Spiders me :):chrome:

Ash

Chem-Dog
05-11-2006, 20:59
On the subject of Warp Spiders, did they get a Phoenix Lord yet?

UltimateNagash
05-11-2006, 21:01
Nope, and neither did Shining Spears.

Flame Boy
05-11-2006, 21:04
I want some spiders in my new Eldar army. Time to read those paint-stripping articles....

He Who Laughs
05-11-2006, 21:05
Although the Warp Spider models are great - I do wish they'd get a resculpt or a few extra poses. Anyone else think the same?

They haven't changed since they first appeared in 2nd edition. 1x Exarch, 2x Warp Spider poses.

EDIT: Make that 3x Warp Spider poses - I checked the GW website. Though theres very little to distinguish between them - hence my confusion.

Eideu
05-11-2006, 21:28
Warp spiders I beleive are the only models you can still buy in store that on in my origanal Games work sho, how to paint warhammer 40000 models guide.

They could have had more of a spider like look.

Col. Dash
06-11-2006, 21:47
Ever seen a crab spider? in silouette they look almost identical except with legs and the round head.

MAGUNRA3K
07-11-2006, 00:32
On the subject of Warp Spiders, did they get a Phoenix Lord yet?
warp spiders and shining spears shouldnt get a pheonix lord because they were not part of the original 6 aspects when they were founded back in the day .

thats what the fluff says ,i think shining spears should be dropped or revamped because the models suck ,jet bikes in general are poor quality .

Kymar
07-11-2006, 11:43
Although the Warp Spider models are great - I do wish they'd get a resculpt or a few extra poses. Anyone else think the same?

They haven't changed since they first appeared in 2nd edition. 1x Exarch, 2x Warp Spider poses.

EDIT: Make that 3x Warp Spider poses - I checked the GW website. Though theres very little to distinguish between them - hence my confusion.

I agree, they are pretty bland poses but still nice models. Though I didn't do it, here's a pic of a conversion using guardian bodies with parts from the Exarch.

Inq. Veltane
07-11-2006, 13:17
Wow, those are actually pretty good.

Defenestratus
07-11-2006, 13:36
those spiders are most excellent. Thank you for posting those.

Slaaneshi Slave
07-11-2006, 13:57
You are collecting a Games Workshop product, and you are suprised by price hikes?

Lastie
07-11-2006, 14:15
A sadistic side of me wants to see how far they can take this. Will we be shelling out £12 for a Warp Spider come 2012?

Captain Micha
07-11-2006, 14:17
omfg. thats a warp spider? I thought the old ones were kind of neat .. kind of.

but jeeze... these... so much for just having swoopies... speaking of. anyone got any pics of the new ones?

The Orange
07-11-2006, 16:34
warp spiders and shining spears shouldnt get a pheonix lord because they were not part of the original 6 aspects when they were founded back in the day .

thats what the fluff says ,i think shining spears should be dropped or revamped because the models suck ,jet bikes in general are poor quality .

You might want to re-read the bit on Karandras. Fluff wise he's not one of the originals. However it's likeley that we'll never see a WS or SS pheonix lord, I think they help show that there are other aspect shrines that arn't based off of the original Pheonix Lord teachings. And in any case, it takes a truly stong eldar spirit to become an (basically) immortal Pheonix Lord, which if one does show up in either the WS or SS shrines, it will be a while before they reach Pheonix Lord status. It would still be cool though.

Kymar
07-11-2006, 17:48
I'm glad everyone likes the conversion, here is the post where I found the picture Re: Warp Spider Conversion (http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=77693.msg878291#msg878291)

As for the Warp Spider Pheonix lord, I too would like to see one but it doesn't make sense fluffwise. Warp Jumps are very dangerous and eventually an aspect warrior is going become lost in the warp. Though we as players can choose who "takes the hit", fluffwise a Warp Spider Exarch is doomed.