PDA

View Full Version : CONFRONTATION - Army and other Discussion

Morathi's Darkest Sin
06-11-2006, 22:56
So I finally got into the game, picking up the Initiation set and I'm so impressed I liked the idea of discussing with other warseer Confrontation players on what they use.

Okay my long term goal is to go Kelt, with Lion allies, but as I have the Dirz in the box that's going to be my starting army. But I'm wondering what do other folks use and play here on Seer, I'd suggest if you have several maybe to list you're fave. Do any units really stand out for you, and are any combos a little too much for certain foes, or have Rackham got the balance just right.

I'm really interested to see how other folks play what in my opinion is a very sound game and a breathe of fresh air after being a dedicated Warhammer player for so long. I will of course still be playing GW.. nothing could stop that, but I am really stunned by the number of little touches which seem alien when thinking from a Warhammer/Mordheim perspective, but are really a great idea for this style of game.

Seperate Leadership ranges, the wound table, how charging works, the many skills and abilities.

I'm loving it and I've only had a handful of battles so far with what came in the box.

This is going to be my starting army though.

Alchemists of Dirz

Thissan Ka 112pts
Meriaghen's Shield 12pts

3x Sentinels (25pts) 75pts

Ysis, The Viper of the Desert 70pts
Minor potion of Strength 3pts

Dasyatis Clone 89pts

3x Dirz Crossbowman (13pts) 39pts

Total pts : 400

Total Models : 9

Any opinions, is it gonna crasha nd burn, anything you'd do different.

Come on it lets discuss the game. :D

Disco
07-11-2006, 13:53
Have you tried the new 3.5 rules yet? I found them entertaining and it makes magic-wielders more fun to use.

Thissan Ka is one beast of a character, high DIS-score and Leadership/10? on top of that makes you more likely to win tacticals, and his swordaxe makes my Ophidians cry.

Overall I'd like to think that Confrontation is more geared towards objectivebased scenarios than pure deathmatches, which is both a curse and a blessing. It makes listmaking harder, but more fun and rewarding at the same time. As time goes by, I'm more and more hyped about Confrontation and less interested in GW-games.

generulpoleaxe
07-11-2006, 15:33
try here for confrontation.
http://www.conf-federation.org.uk/Board/index.php

you will find giving ysis an initiative potion instead of strength.
with her assasin ability combined with master strike and toxic, mix in her mutagenic she is evil on the charge.
she needs to go first tho, that's where the initiative potion comes in. :)

notsoevil
07-11-2006, 18:35
Gah .. while I like the 3.5 rule changes for magic, the new LOS rules stink.

Disco
07-11-2006, 18:45
Gah .. while I like the 3.5 rule changes for magic, the new LOS rules stink.
I've yet to see anything nice said about the LOS rules :p , they really do stink.

Scactha
09-11-2006, 22:52
Couldn´t agree more. 3.5 los is teh suck!

Cherrystone
10-11-2006, 00:35
Like the changes in artillary fire (with a few mods for moving and fighters in moving under cover) and i do like the idea for free spells/miracles but for it to work all the cards will need their intensity adjusted.
Apart from that im currently 'ignoring' 3.5.

confrontaion 3 is an excellent game as it is, i have 6 factions and only been playing less than a year.

Morathi's Darkest Sin
10-11-2006, 17:20
Well as we are learning we are incorporating 3.5 straight off as we have never played 3.0 in effect anyways... as you can see from my list I have some ranged guys in there, and Eris has a Wolfen with a crossbow.

However I'm still waiting on them to arrive, so as yet we only have the ability to play 200pt games, Thissan Ka and 3 Sentinels v's 3 preds of Blood and the spirit (we are ignoring the faithful requirement for the moment) as its puts our forces at 197 and 190pts.

Played twice so far but lack of rules knowledge meant I totally forgot to use Thissan's Ka's shield in the first game and he got splated.. second I managed to do much better buts its two for two for the Wolfen at the momont.

I am loving it though and we are already having the feeling this could quickly become our main wargame. (Mainly due to time restrictions of two small boys.)

I know its bad though as I got the Sentinels together, undercoated and have begun painting em within a week of their arrival. :)