PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Blacksmith's army of Doom!

intellectawe
07-11-2006, 03:08
Zoxk ( Z-awe-sh-k) is one of the local area's most accomplished blacksmiths. Having lost an arm in a terrible explosion many years ago while forging the very Anvil he uses to this day, Zoxk mind has slipped day by day into near madness.

Visons plague Zoxk every night... Visions of war and battle. Having no knowledge of warfare, Zoxk then began a century long quest to cast the finest battle field artillery and to bring death to all Green Skins dotting his mountanous home.

Using the very dwarves whom he employs to mine and gather the materials to make his wonderful warmachines, Zoxk, after over 120 year of creating machines of death through trial and error, has no taken his creations into the orc and goblin infested plains and forests to pass death among all who's skins are green.

Zoxk
Runelord w/ Anvil of Doom
armor, Rune of preservation, Rune of ressistence, Rune of stone
talisman, 2 Rune of spellbreaking, spelleater Rune
mundane greatweapon and shield

Master Engineer (He guns the bolt thrower and enchrenches the goblin hewer)
Talismon, 2x Rune of Luck

25 Warriors w/ full command and shields

10 Thunderers w/ shields

10 Quarrellers w/ shields

25 Miners w/ full command, steam drill

25 Miners w/ full command, steam drill

Cannon w/ Rune of reloading, Rune of forging, Valiant Rune

Bolt Thrower w/ Engineer, 2x Rune of penetrating, Valiant Rune

Organ Gun

Goblin Hewer

2 units of large miner blocks gives me a great chance of second turn charge. The only issue they may face would be fear/terror units, hence the larger blocks, so incase they lose to fear, they can still charge and win through combat resolution. This is situational.

This army list is made to force my opponent to play on my terms. If my opponent stays to defend his rear or flanks, he will be shot to death. If he comes foward to me, then he will have to deal with being charged form the rear or his flanks.

Magic does not concern me... much. 7 dispell dice, 2 runes of spell breaking and one rune of spell eating will ensure the first few turns will go my way.

Goblin Hewers are here to chew through rank and file units, while my bolt thrower, with Master Engineer, gets to hit most targets on a 2+, wound just about everything on a 2+, auto destroy chariots and reroll 2 dice during the game! No more wounding on a 1 versus rank and files and dragons!

Of course this army has a weakness, I believe armies like all chariots tomb kings, etc... but dwarven lists aren't powergaming lists, so, I am not making a super invincible list here, just a list that will throw my opponents for a loop and to be strong yet have fun with in the process.

I have pretty much all the models for a dwarf army, so any suggestion would be appreciated. This is my first Anvil/Miner army list.

I haven't given my list a theme yet. Thats for when I am settled on a 2250 all comers list that I am happy with.

Mordu22
07-11-2006, 06:22
Are those rangers longbeard rangers or warrior rangers?:angel:

I dig the list and it seems solid, would only worry about not getting the miners in soon enough. Even with the steam drills, if your going second and you miss the first roll for them thats three move phases for the opponet, and your anvil would have to have a strong game to get caught back up. Thats alot of if's though, and when it does click on all cylinders it is brutal:skull:

intellectawe
07-11-2006, 14:36
Are those rangers longbeard rangers or warrior rangers?:angel:

I dig the list and it seems solid, would only worry about not getting the miners in soon enough. Even with the steam drills, if your going second and you miss the first roll for them thats three move phases for the opponet, and your anvil would have to have a strong game to get caught back up. Thats alot of if's though, and when it does click on all cylinders it is brutal:skull:

You are absolutely correct. Lucky for me, if this does happen, I can just bring my miners out on my table edge to support my lines if I get hit hard by cav in the mid game.

This list isn't perfect, but it seems it can bring surprises to my enemy as I can bring my miners from any table edge and charge a unit in the flank or rear.

Mordu22
07-11-2006, 16:35
Just realized you could do some crazy baiting tactics along the short edges, running units up the side who would want to get to close knowing that miners could pop up and charge in at any second.

intellectawe
07-11-2006, 20:02
Just realized you could do some crazy baiting tactics along the short edges, running units up the side who would want to get to close knowing that miners could pop up and charge in at any second.

Wow nice! I didn't even think of that. I am soo used to turtling with my dwarves, I forgot about baiting!

I will probably hug one corner to refuse one flank and force my opponent to come at me from either my closest flank board edge or the middle of the board.

ardude
08-11-2006, 15:49
is the goblin hewer alouwd in a normal dwarf army?
and to my experiance ( playing against dwarves I mean) are 2 bolt throwers without runes better than 1 with 3 runes

intellectawe
08-11-2006, 18:47
Golbin Hewers are allowed, but they also take up a Hero slot.

Depends on the situation.

My single bolt thrower is used to kill large targts. So when I play, I stick my Master Engineer on it ( I entrench my goblin hewer ) so that I hit large targets anywhere on teh board on a 2+. Also, strength 8 will wound dragons and other T6 models on a 2+ instead of a 4+.

This is better for me since the way my army is played, I don't have much defending my warmachines untill my Miners come into the game. And what are warmachines affraid of? Flying units, flying monsters, etc...

Lets see... two bolt throwers hjitting a large target on a 4+ each then wounding it on a 4+. Or my bolt thrower with a ME on it, hitting on a 2+ and wounding on a 2+. The odds are about even really. plus this bolt thrower auto kills chariots. one of my friends run a all chariot tomb king army. Nothing like hitting a unit, wounding two chariots and killing 6 wounds outright.

But for this list, I can only field one bolt thrower anyway. Some may say that one bolt thrower is too expensive, but it is also a psychological effect. This one bolt thrower will force my opponents to think twice before flying sending large multi wound targets anywhere near the bolt thrower.