PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Advice on Themed Savage Orc lists, Greenies apply with in.

Omegakai
07-11-2006, 09:15
(wheres the Orc only option :/)
Ok so here's my Themed Savage Orc list idea, and before some of you shoot off at me about the lack of tactical viability and being lead about the table because of Frenzy “Humbug too you” I’m a Orc Thru and Thru and in my book’s da greenies don’t need any Runty or puny gobos they just get in da way, in other words this list is themed.
I find playing similar lists rewarding and fun, I tend to spend a lot of time focused on the deployment of the army and it’s positioning relative to my opponents units, and I’m well aware of any short comings these lists or similar variations I may have played. What I'm looking for is tweaking advice from the warseer community, perhaps other Greenies War bosses out there have had experience with there Savage whooping and howling Waaagh’s of there own.

List 1
Savage Orc Warboss @ 252
Boar, Shield, Effigy of Mork, Iron Gnashas, Ulags akrit Axe

Savage Orc Shaman @ 171
Boar, level 2, Waaagh Paint, Skull wand

Savage Orc Big Boss @ 150
Battle Standard Bearer, Mork's Sprit Totem

Characters @ 573

Savage Orc Boyz (24) @ 294
Full Command, Shields, Spears

Savage Orc Boyz (25) @ 280
Full Command, Extra Choppa’s,

Save Orc Boyz (25) @ 255
Full Command, Shields

Core units @ 799

Savage Orc Boar Boyz “Big un’s” (10) @ 302
Full command, Spears, Shields Nogg’s Banner of Butchery

Savage Orc Boar Boyz (10) @ 290
Full command, Spears, Shields

Special @ 592

Total 1964

List2
Savage Orc Great Shaman @ 320
Level 4, Skull Wand, Waaagh Paint, Power Stone, Dispel scroll

Savage Orc Big boss
Great weapon, Shield @ 91

Savage Orc big boss @ 110
Battle Standard Bearer

Savage Orc Shaman @ 105
Level 2,

Characters @ 626

Savage Orc Boyz (25)”Big un’s”@ 430
Full Command, Shields, Spears, and Nogg’s Banner of Butchery

Savage Orc Boyz (25) @ 305
Full Command, Extra Choppa’s, Shields

Save Orc Boyz (25) @ 255
Full Command, Shields

Core @ 960

2 Giants @ 410

Rare @ 410

Total 1996

woytek
07-11-2006, 09:41
Nice lists, like the first one better though. I bet it does pretty well in combat. But there is one thing I don't like: spears! With the new choppa rule you can just throw those spears away!

Make sure you get some charges off with your WAAAGH! and just dominate those puny humies with 3 attacks each and a higher strenght.

Omegakai
07-11-2006, 09:44
They come with chopper's so i can pick and choose as it suits me. also i find that 36odd s4 attacks can destory most units.

jahorin
07-11-2006, 11:43
spear are really nice on savage orcs, i've tried it on several occasions and it never let me down. if you want to go overkill put spears on savage orcs big'uns! now you're talking :)

Tutore
07-11-2006, 12:17
The first list is very good! Hoping no skirmisher or small monster draws your units from the main battle! Interesting theme.

woytek
07-11-2006, 13:54
With the new WAAAGH rule and especially savage orcs with their frenzy it's much better to use the choppa's. With spears you will have one less strenght (harder to wound, enemy gets better save) and can't charge. Anyone who wants their big'uns to stand still is crazy. Savage orcs are even hard to control, as they must charge, then why not take benefit of that and equip them with choppa's for only 6 attacks less in a unit of 6. Ofcourse when you use the banner you will lose 12 attacks, but you would either be charged (and lose models) or survive combat. With orcs initiative the enemy will probably hit first and kill a few models again.

With double choppa's just charge and deal massive damage with atleast strenght 4 and 3 attacks each.

Omegakai
07-11-2006, 18:28
well as you might of allready guessed games dont allways pan out the way you want them to, often a unit will recive a charge rather then take one. savage orcs with spares means that if i dont get the carge i can still deal back a heafty amount of damage. and if i do charge its still 2 x 4 attacks. just gives me more felx with my green waaagh

woytek
07-11-2006, 19:36
well as you might of allready guessed games dont allways pan out the way you want them to, often a unit will recive a charge rather then take one. savage orcs with spares means that if i dont get the carge i can still deal back a heafty amount of damage. and if i do charge its still 2 x 4 attacks. just gives me more felx with my green waaagh

With 6 wide, on the charge you will deal 13 strenght 4 hits with spears and 19 strenght 5 hits with double choppa's.

When you receive a charge it's 25 stenght 4 hits with spears and 19 strenght 5 hits with choppa's.

But with the new rule i'd take choppa's

Omegakai
07-11-2006, 19:41
your assuming that none die
factor in 2/3 deaths. that leaves you with 10"ish s5 attacks or 20ish strenght 4 attacks. agian it depends on the situation.

woytek
07-11-2006, 20:08
your assuming that none die
factor in 2/3 deaths. that leaves you with 10"ish s5 attacks or 20ish strenght 4 attacks. agian it depends on the situation.

But asuming you use the WAAAGH! properly, you can easily get off a charge if not multiple. As long as you don't face a cavalry army you can easily manouvre your units of orcs in such a way that in your turn a few units will be in charge range because of the D6". It's also very nasty if your opponent places his units slightly further then 8 inch from your units.

Just make sure you benefit the WAAAGH, since it can be a very precious rule!

Omegakai
07-11-2006, 21:23
hows this look
Orcs & Goblins (beta) Army

1 Savage Orc Warboss @ 232 Pts
General; Frenzy; Choppa; Warpaint; Shield
Warboss Imbad's Iron Gnashas [30]
Effigy of Mork [35]
Martog's Best Basha [15]

1 Boar @ [0] Pts

1 * Savage Orc Shaman @ 171 Pts
Frenzy; Magic Level 2; Big Waagh; Choppa; Warpaint
Skull Wand of Kaloth [40]
Waaagh! Paint [10]

1 Boar @ [0] Pts

1 Savage Orc Big Boss @ 150 Pts
Frenzy; Choppa; Warpaint; Battle Standard
Morks Spirit Totem [50]

22 Savage Boyz @ 260 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Choppa; Warpaint; Standard; Musician

1 Savage Orc Boss @ [15] Pts

22 Savage Boyz @ 283 Pts
Frenzy; Choppa; Spear; Warpaint; Shield; Standard; Musician

19 Savage Boyz @ 230 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Choppa; Warpaint; Standard; Musician

8 Savage Boar Big 'Uns @ 360 Pts
Standard; Frenzy; Choppa; Spear; Warpaint; Shield; Musician
Gorks Waaagh Banner [25]

1 Savage Orc Boar Boyz Boss @ [17] Pts

9 Boar @ [0] Pts

10 Savage Boar Boyz @ 313 Pts
Frenzy; Choppa; Spear; Warpaint; Shield; Standard; Musician

1 Savage Orc Boar Boyz Boss @ [17] Pts

11 Boar @ [0] Pts

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 89

Total Army Cost: 1999

woytek
08-11-2006, 11:51
Looking nice, only a few points:

One unit of 19 boyz... can you get them to 24 too? (I recon your units of 22 will be 24 with a boss?)
You dropped the mork's spirit totem, would be very nice to have it, but expensive.... good against magic heavy.

Nice hard units of boar boyz and alot of blocks. I think alot of armies will have difficulties with your list!

Omegakai
28-09-2009, 03:31
So i took this theme. but dropped out for a lvl 4 , with skull wand. +1 attack and amulet of procectyness + boar.
1 bsb with porkos pig stikka.
2 lvl 2s with 1x dispel and 1 x power stone.

I also droped a few models to fit in 4 units of boar boys, one with the banner of wagggh.

Over here we used Panel judging comp , I managed to get a really good score with it, and infact placed 10th! .
Would have likely done well, if not for my 5th game. Where when I called waagggh on the frist turn I rolled 1 for all my boar boy units. Losting around half in each unit. Followed by a massive misscasto rama losing all my mages.

At the start of turn 2 I have 1 unit of 8 savage orcs, and my 12 savage orc bowmen left thanks to unchecked magic, and a lot of dark elf shooting…
:P