PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone enter the Black Library competition?

boghog
03-07-2005, 21:37
Yo there!

Just wondering if anyone else around here entered the 'Cold Hand of Betrayal' short story competition? I had a go, and I'd love to know what sort of ideas other people had.

Voltz
04-07-2005, 07:16
Ugh. Don't remind me.

I was convinced I was going to finally follow through on my ideas and try to get a story published with BL... didn't get more than two pages into the actual narrative before I realized, "holy crap, this is terrible, I am so amateur at this that I can't bear to read it!"

If no battle plan survives contact with the enemy, then I have learned the similar lesson that not all brilliant creative ideas survive contact with reality. I'm going to try my hand at writing more short fiction, for myself, before I even think of submitting anything to BL. Maybe next year, we'll see....

Anyway... good luck Boghog! If your story doesn't make it, I'd love to read it anyway.

Jedi152
04-07-2005, 11:00
^ I'm exactly the same.

I had my story all planned out on paper, When i realised that i would never get it finished in time for the comp. And that it was probably crap anway.

marineowar
04-07-2005, 13:59
Why don't you post some stories here? Get some feedback on them and see where people think you need to improve or if you just have a low opinion of you work.
And good luck to you boghog, let us know how you go.

marineowar

tzeentchgiant
04-07-2005, 15:20
Once somethings been on the internet it cannot be published, or it no longer belongs to you (so long as it isn't already copyrighted of course) so you can't post things on the internet that you want to see put into print.

I think that's how it works, but I expect to be proved wrong.

TG

Jedi152
04-07-2005, 15:23
Once somethings been on the internet it cannot be published, or it no longer belongs to you (so long as it isn't already copyrighted of course) so you can't post things on the internet that you want to see put into print.

I think that's how it works, but I expect to be proved wrong.

TG

No, i think that's right. As soon as you send any work it to GW it becomes property of GW. I expect that if you're seen to post your entry here, you would be disqualified.

And anything that is posted here can never be sent to GW.

When the contest is over, i don't know. Anyone care to ask GW?

tzeentchgiant
04-07-2005, 15:38
Wow I was right

*waits patiently to be proved wrong*

Well, anyway, the thing is most of the stuff I write needs input from more than one person to make it readable, so I have never even tried to make myself write something for GW.

Cheers for the confidence booster.

TG