PDA

View Full Version : Codex: Hrud

Ethereal Alpaca
02-04-2005, 15:18
I don't normally post here (not playing 40k n'all... ;) ), but I found this over on the underempire and thought I'd show it here.

Codex: Skavengers (http://thewarp.net/war/millenium/house/PTSkavengers.htm)

TheSonOfAbbadon
02-04-2005, 15:46
First off, wrong forum.

Second of all, not another noob list!

salty
02-04-2005, 16:16
It seems ok, but I REALLY don't like the idea of Skaven taking tanks in the heat of battle!

Salty :)

worldshatterer
02-04-2005, 16:19
wtf, why skavengers? the Hrud are the space skaven according to what little background we know, that mentions nocturnal cave living ratmen . The codex seems too damn random, and the fluff a half arsed attempt to do a direct port of skaven from fantasy .

salty
02-04-2005, 16:24
Yea, but give them credit, at least they have given it a go.
Speaking of which, if anyone wants to help me write CODEX: Mercenaries for my site then PM me. I need help!!!

Salty :)

Akuma
02-04-2005, 16:38
wasent there a rumour on the old portent that hroud will be cc Tau - higly advanced army that main weapon will make powerfist look like a toy ??? :confused:

Thalisahis
02-04-2005, 16:58
wasent there a rumour on the old portent that hroud will be cc Tau - higly advanced army that main weapon will make powerfist look like a toy ??? :confused:
There was? I must of missed that or something...

EffCee
02-04-2005, 17:04
Not too keen on this list, seems like they just took their skaven rulebook and transferred it to 40K. A good few years ago, me and a few friends decided to create our own Hrud army. We kinda had them as toxic dumping polluters which used toxic weapons. Our worst creation was probably the remote controlled 'rat-bomb'. :rolleyes:

Akuma
02-04-2005, 17:23
Yes there was - in addition tahy supposed to lurk in the wabway and stuff- I even recall something about small units in radical alien hunters army and the fact that thay have full suits on and non of skin will be visable :) Glad to remind you that - I guess beeing ALWAYS on portent ( i dont turn down my pc and page is almost always up ) has its pros ( althought im becoming mad :D )

Sgt.Epoch
20-04-2005, 22:28

In the Inquisitor RuleBook, page 74, under alien weapons, the Hrud Fusil makes an apperance.
"The Hrud are a mysterious, nocturnal race who use a warp-plasma based weapon known as a Fusil." They are the same as a plasma gun basicaly. But sound like a Skaven Wyrd/WarpStone based weapon.

thenorm42
23-04-2005, 18:52
Actually, if I recall the articles that were around at the time of the 3rd ed Eldar Codex, the Skavengers were a race too (their relationship with the Hrud is unknown). They were one of the races that the early Eldar empire had to fight off on their rise to power.