PDA

View Full Version : War Machines and Line of Sight

StumpyDwarf
08-11-2006, 16:44
Keep in mnd that I am new to WarHammer.

According to the rules you have to have line of sight for a warmachine to target a unit.

So, what keeps a player from simply guessing the distance wrong to hit a unit behind another unit?

My small group has simply decided to use the honor system...in other words, do your best to judge the distance correctly.

What do you imploy? Or, do you think it is okay to use a war machine in this way?

Onisuzume
08-11-2006, 16:57
Usually, if you're either new to guess range weapons, or guess fairly close to the unit's range, it's ok.
But if you obviously guess 10" far of the unit, people will probably get upset. (also known as cannon sniping)

druchii
08-11-2006, 17:31
Usually, if you're either new to guess range weapons, or guess fairly close to the unit's range, it's ok.
But if you obviously guess 10" far of the unit, people will probably get upset. (also known as cannon sniping)

I've had many times when my guessing has been off.
Sometimes you're just honestly off. But that should be the dividing line, honesty.

Also note: cannon sniping is when you shoot at a unit(with or without a character) and nominate a point along which you will hit the character.

d

Falkman
08-11-2006, 18:20
Also note: cannon sniping is when you shoot at a unit(with or without a character) and nominate a point along which you will hit the character.
Which is legal but still annoying as hell :p