PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Dwarf First Attempt--feedback please!!

StumpyDwarf
08-11-2006, 16:58
Looking to put together a 2000pt dwarf army that is pretty well rounded. I have decided I want to not concentrate on dispeling magic...just shoot back!!

Here is the list:

Dwarf Lord (General)
Shield Bearers
Great Weapon
176pts

Thane
Battle Standard
90pts

Master Enigineer
70pts

Master Engineer
70pts

16 Warriors
Shields
Command
169pts

16 Warriors
Shields
Command
169pts

16 Warriors
Shields
Command
169pts

10 Thunderers
Command
165pts

10 Thunderers
Command
165pts

10 Hammerers
Shields
Command
160pts

Cannon
Rune of Reloading
Rune of Burning
105pts

Cannon
Rune of Reloading
Rune of Fortune
125pts

Bolt Thrower
Rune of Reloading
55 pts.

Bolt Thrower
45pts

Grudge Thrower
Rune of Accuracy
105pts

Organ Gun
Rune of Defense
160pts

Mazian
08-11-2006, 17:52
taking a cannon without the rune of forgeing on it is silly. same with a grudge thrower without an engineer (instead of the master engineer).

do you really want your dwarf lord to be faceing tooled up challengers without any magic items at all? no ward save?

I would put a rune of penetrateing on one or both of the BTs.

since you are going shooty what is the point of the BS? wouldnt the points be better spent on a Runesmith with a couple of dispells?

your warrior blocks are too small especially in 7th edition, prolyl consolidate into 2 blocks with 4 ranks in each.

consider taking some slayers to tarpit the enemies who are trying to take out your shooters. similarly consider replacing a master engeneer with a slayer hero to protect your war machines and gunlines from infiltraters and flyers.

dwarfs rock, have fun with them

Maz

DirtJumper
08-11-2006, 20:37
Definatly throw some kit on to those Lord. Runes are amazing and some combanations can really turn your heros in to killing machines the equal of any Chaos monstosity for a fration of the cost. Definatly consider upping the Warrior units to 2 units of 20, and use your hemmerers as your big combat unit (up them to either 13 or 18 and stick the lord and the Standard Bearer in there.) Get at least a GW on one of the engineers, and I would second the change of 1 Engineer in to a Slayer Character with 2 runes of Fury and a Master Rune of Swiftness. (Throw him in to a ranked unit and watch as he keeps them there all game. ;))