PDA

View Full Version : Special characters-buying the SC on foot(no mount)

TheWarSmith
09-11-2006, 18:24
I had a guy argue that you could field Archaon on foot by simply not paying the points for his steed, since it lists their breakdown of points(along w/ other SCs). Is this allowed, or does Archaon, Tyrion, etc. always bring their horsy?

enyoss
09-11-2006, 18:28
They come as a whole as far as I'm aware. I'm sure it says 'Tyrion rides Malhandir' or somesuch... so he must ride Malhandir. Now, if it said 'Tyrion may ride Malhandir' then your friend may have had a point.

So in my opinion they are always mounted.

Cheers,

enyoss

Mephistofeles
09-11-2006, 18:32
I do not think he can, isn't the breakdown for VP-purposes?

Griefbringer
09-11-2006, 18:49
I would say that a special character has to be bought with all the stuff on his entry, unless something is given as optional (eg. WE Sisters of Twilight have an option on what thing to ride).

That said, I guess you could allow it on friendly games - I do not see Archaon on foot as hugely unbalancing thing.

Latro
09-11-2006, 18:56
I vaguely remember an Archaon on foot model as well, it was a special limited one for some tournament/event ...

That said, the entry for special characters usually says something like "must be taken exactly as printed" which would prevent players from leaving mounts at home ... unles in friendly play af course.

BlazeXI
09-11-2006, 19:13
I vaguely remember an Archaon on foot model as well, it was a special limited one for some tournament/event ...

That said, the entry for special characters usually says something like "must be taken exactly as printed" which would prevent players from leaving mounts at home ... unles in friendly play af course.

Nothing too vague. Games Day mini of 2004 (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/GamesDay/gd2004Archaon.htm).

And I would allow Special Characters as they are printed. No custom changes. They might be special due to the prowess of the mount you know...