PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Ork who holds the Title in the M41?

Heretic12
10-11-2006, 00:27
Well Im back at the drawing board for which army I want to make next once I finish painting my orks. Messing around I got the idea, "How about making a true blue Anti-Ork force" so this encompasses actual gameplay as well as fluff wise. So which 40k force is best known for their anti-green disposition. Well Im immediatly drawn to the wars for armaggedon as to my knowledge its been the biggest ork fluff chunk in a decent while (I have no clue about city fight or eye of terror as I havent really read either of the dexes for em). So IG come to mind, particulary an armored company doctrined steel legion list with of course Yarrick hanging around (weither or not I use his statline all depends but his model will always be in the list), another good one would be salamanders green vs green. A second guard choice might be catachan whos mainly brought in to clear out them pesky feral klans hanging around them thick jungles.

Anyways ya Who holds the most hatred for Orks fluff wise and who would put the most hurt on horde armys. A tooled anti-xenos list might be fun to make up prior to the ordo-xenos dex in the distant future. This might also include possibly using a deathwatch chunk.

DantesInferno
10-11-2006, 00:35
Well Im back at the drawing board for which army I want to make next once I finish painting my orks. Messing around I got the idea, "How about making a true blue Anti-Ork force" so this encompasses actual gameplay as well as fluff wise. So which 40k force is best known for their anti-green disposition. Well Im immediatly drawn to the wars for armaggedon as to my knowledge its been the biggest ork fluff chunk in a decent while (I have no clue about city fight or eye of terror as I havent really read either of the dexes for em). So IG come to mind, particulary an armored company doctrined steel legion list with of course Yarrick hanging around (weither or not I use his statline all depends but his model will always be in the list), another good one would be salamanders green vs green. A second guard choice might be catachan whos mainly brought in to clear out them pesky feral klans hanging around them thick jungles.

Anyways ya Who holds the most hatred for Orks fluff wise and who would put the most hurt on horde armys. A tooled anti-xenos list might be fun to make up prior to the ordo-xenos dex in the distant future. This might also include possibly using a deathwatch chunk.

The Crimson Fists Space Marine Chapter might be just what you're looking for. After the near-annihilation of their Chapter and homeworld after an Ork invasion, the survivors aren't very well inclined towards the greenskins.

The official traits for them in the Marine Codex include the 'Favoured Enemy: Orks' one, at least....

For IG, Armageddon Steel Legion or Armageddon Ork Hunters would work too.

Colonial Rifle
10-11-2006, 00:39
Yeah, fluffwise the Crimson Fists and Steel Legion. Both have had their homeworlds ravaged by Green skins.

Ruleswise, Tau. They owned Orks with Codex: Tau and now violate them with Tau Empire.

cailus
10-11-2006, 00:40
I'd agree with DantesInferno - the Crimson Fists would be the most prominent hater of Orks.

However given the prevalence of Orks, most armies can lay a claim to having a grudge with them. The Tau have had extensive dealings with Orks as have the Nids. The Ultramarines are regularly invovled in anti-Ork campaigns in Charadon.

Steel Legon and any Chapter at Armageddon are fair enough.

But the Crimson Fists would be the best bet.

ss_cherubael
10-11-2006, 01:43
crimson fists lost their world just about to a green skin WARRRGH! Steel legion and yarrick, but also Black Templars they set off with yarrick on a crusade to purge the orks from the surrounding systems of arma and also to track down and kill thraka

bagrada
10-11-2006, 03:51
Tau with Commander Farsight as an HQ. If I remember right all the tau under him get preferred enemy: ork.

fwacho
10-11-2006, 07:32
The tyranids would make for a nice opposite. course games woudl be mostly assault rolls.

The farsight enclave is about as opposite of orks as one can possibly get in almost every way. Eldar would be my next choice witha n alaitoc (sniper) army.

Slaaneshi Slave
10-11-2006, 07:33
Sisters of battle. Three flamers (1 normal, one combi, and one heavy) in each basic troop unit, and heavy bolters with blessed ammo (ignore cover saves). Who could want more? :p

xibo
10-11-2006, 08:15
squats! :P

Essia
10-11-2006, 08:35
how about the vahallans? they did have a bitter fight against an ork invasion.

Ravenous
10-11-2006, 08:41
Fluff wise Crimson fist, or anyone that fought on Armageddon

Game wise the best anti Ork would be eldar with the new 120 pt 18 shot death machine warwalkers.

MaxORK
10-11-2006, 08:49
Ahh yes Scatter laser death!
Had a run in with one of those last monday...That was fun! :eyebrows:

The main enemy of the Greenergood must be the IG, the two most numerous armies in WH40k.

Led by a converted charecter based on Yarrick would be brilliant!
Loads of Weapons with no higher strength than 6 and the Orks ass is grass!

Latro_
10-11-2006, 09:28
Ahh yes Scatter laser death!
Had a run in with one of those last monday...That was fun! :eyebrows:

:P he's talking about shur cannons
6 scatter lasers would be 24 shots!

eek.

I think about this question as in what army do orks have a good chance of duffing over? none really.
So every army you face is an upward stuggle. :P

i'd prolyl say MEQ armies are the hardest, since if/when you get into combat with em ya facing high toughness, and leadership

Heretic12
10-11-2006, 18:03
actually Latro_ if ya read I have a 3k ork horde and Im trying to find my next army, so what better then the army that has "Anti-Ork" carved into their forehead?

Helicon_One
10-11-2006, 18:34
I'm amazed no-one has given the ovbvious answer yet.

Who do Orks spend most of their time fighting? Other Orks, of course!

Tim

The Song of Spears
10-11-2006, 18:34
Tau, they have tons of Str5 Ap5 long range weapons. and the submunitions on the railgun! nasty!

Venomizer
10-11-2006, 19:01
Crimson fists & Valhallens are the first two that come to mind in their dislike/hatred of orks

another one is Biel-Tann Eldar...............it's mentioned that they hold a strong dislike of orks due to their speed of infestation on exodite worlds and such like

Grubnar
10-11-2006, 19:17
As has already been said:

1. Armageddon Steel Legion, the Orkz have stomped their homeworld not once but twice. And are still there. Can be lead by Yarrik himself!

2. Valhallan Ice Warriors, their world was almost overrun by the greenskins and so they hate them like the plage! Whats better than some (soviet) solders defending the motherland from the barbaric invaders?

3. Grimson Fists Space Marines, the Orkz ravaged their home planet and almost managed to vipe out the whole chapter. The Black Templars are also on a crusade against the greenskins, but I dont like then because they have a huge stick up their ****. The Grimson Fist are much more likeable as a scumgrod!

4. The Tau (and Kroot), the Orkz are the single biggest threat that the flegling Tau empire faces. Fortunally the Orkz are poorly organiced while the Fire Warriors are 1337! Also the Kroot had their homeworld invaded and almost overrun by the greenskins (the Orkz have invaded alot of homeworlds havnt they!)

5. You COULD also make an Inquisitor army with Yarrik as an inquisitor, the steel legion as his stormtrooper and some allied (grimson fist) space marines. The downside is the you could use no doctrines or traits. But it would look cool!

6. The Tyranids have had coutless battles with the Orkz and now the better part of Hive Fleet Levithan is invading an Ork empire after beeing directed there by the Inqusition and Deathwatch Space Marines (Xenohunters).

xibo
10-11-2006, 20:28
5. You COULD also make an Inquisitor army with Yarrik as an inquisitor, the steel legion as his stormtrooper and some allied (grimson fist) space marines. The downside is the you could use no doctrines or traits. But it would look cool!
No. Just No. Inquisitors are the opposite of Yarrick.