PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2 Problem

Nukem
04-07-2005, 09:21
Alright so I installed BF2 onto my computer and was looking forward to playing the game right. I get into the first map I pick and everything is going good. I just sniped a chinese soldier and I was getting used to the controls. All of a sudden the game crashes. I think nothing of it, as this happens sometimes, so I get back in and start playing again and after another 5-6 minutes go by it crashes again. So I decide to talk to EA about this, and they haven't responded in over a week 1/2. Now I know there is alot of problems with BF2 and certain videocards. Mine is a Radeon 9800pro and runs HL2 Doom3 very well. Although since I'm on 56k... only for one more week :) I cannot download the updated drivers fast enough. This is what I'm guessing the problem is. My drivers are out of date and are causing the game to crash. Because this is happening while I'm playing CSS online. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Or a link to the most
uptodate drivers. I have a hard time navagating through the Nvida and ATI sites.

Thanks

Colin :D

Flashheart
04-07-2005, 10:12
Hopefully an update of the drivers will cure your problem. I have a friend who also owns a 9800pro and he is having exactly the same problem (and has updated the driver). EA is releasing a patch this week so if we are lucky that should solve the problem.

Did you have the demo installed when you installed the full game? I have heard that this could cause some trouble. Otherwise uninstall both and install the fullgame once more.

And by the way you should not download anything from the Nvidia site since you have a Radeon card.

If you have Windows XP installed, the most up to date drivers can be found here (https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27)

Nukem
04-07-2005, 10:17
Yea I know about Nvida, but I was house sitting my friends house and was finding drivers for his card.

So maybe its not workable with the 9800pro? I couldn't get the demo if I tried lol. 56k gets you no where, but in one week ill have 3mb dl dsl which is omfg better.

Yes it is windows xp, and Ill try downloading those and see if it helps. And hopefully that patch will help too, because I really love having a $50 dvd coaster for my Dr. Pepper :P

Thanks for the help.