PDA

View Full Version : Terror Than Panic?

Ender Shadowkin
10-11-2006, 16:53
So I can't remeber if the new rules stated you only need to make one leadership test per phase or not. So, Say a terror causing unit is close to two units at the beginging of their turn (unit A is screening unit B). Both take a terror test. The farthest one (unit B) passes but the closes one (unit A) fails. So now unit A flees through unit B, causing panic. Does unit B have to take another LD test even though your are techincally in the same phase and it just pased one from the terror causer?

Festus
10-11-2006, 17:07
Hi

You remember incorrectly.

Festus

Mephistofeles
10-11-2006, 19:36
I believe you have to take another test, however you can only ever take one panic test per phase. Other psychology tests can be taken however, so a Terror test and a panic test in the same turn could happen, just as could a panic test and fear test in the same phase. I think.

And Festus, your answer doesn't answer anything, you don't say what is incorrect. At least I don't understand a word of what you're saying.

10th clancannach rangers
10-11-2006, 19:37
Yes as far is i know unit B still has to test for panic. Although I thhink you can only take one panic test per phase

Btw, I agree with Mephistofeles about your answer festus.

Festus
10-11-2006, 20:37
Hi

So I can't remeber if the new rules stated you only need to make one leadership test per phase or not. ... Say a terror causing unit is close to two units at the beginging of their turn (unit A is screening unit B). Both take a terror test. ... Does unit B have to take another LD test even though your are techincally in the same phase and it just pased one from the terror causer?

You remember incorrectly.
Sorry, I thought it selfexplanatory...

You only take one PANIC test per phase, not just one PSYCHOLOGY test.
You will test for fear with each new instance, even if three fear causers charge you for example.

p.49, left column

Festus

Mephistofeles
10-11-2006, 22:50
Not to give you any crap here Festus, but it's not self-explanatory, it's like answering the question: "Do you want chicken or Pork?" with a "Yes" . You don't say what he remembers incorrectly, and he just said he didn't remember at all. Well, it doesn't really matter really, sorry for dragging the thread along...

Yellow Commissar
11-11-2006, 00:44
Mephistopheles said "Not to give you any crap here Festus, but it's not self-explanatory, it's like answering the question: "Do you want chicken or Pork?" with a "Yes" . You don't say what he remembers incorrectly, and he just said he didn't remember at all."

It was perfectly clear to me. Festus said to read the book.

intellectawe
11-11-2006, 05:11
Well, instead of having posters acting like asses, why don't you all just tell the guy to read the book? Or is this some sort of internet forum ego where you think your words touch a thread like an angel and everything you all do is pure and righteous?

Festus' second answer was much better than his first. All he really had to say was read page so and so, and thats all.

Festus
11-11-2006, 07:18
Hi

OK, sorry, but I already said sorry :(

What a tempest in a teapot! :cries:

Festus

Mephistofeles
11-11-2006, 08:24
As I said, I didn't mean to be an ass here, just wanting to help the new guy as thoroughly as possible.

I know you'd want to expect people to understand everything you write without you "over-explaining" it Festus, but sometimes it's hard to understand things written on the net, you don't get the facial expressions and tone of voice and such. Sorry for not understanding from the start, I didn't really mean it like crap to you man. Sorry, seriously.

Let's leave this now, I think the guy got his answer.

ZomboCom
11-11-2006, 16:03
I'm right behind Festus. His response was clear enough imho.

Ender Shadowkin
13-11-2006, 19:11
As I said, I didn't mean to be an ass here, just wanting to help the new guy as thoroughly as possible.

I know you'd want to expect people to understand everything you write without you "over-explaining" it Festus, but sometimes it's hard to understand things written on the net, you don't get the facial expressions and tone of voice and such. Sorry for not understanding from the start, I didn't really mean it like crap to you man. Sorry, seriously.

Let's leave this now, I think the guy got his answer.

Huh, leave a thread for a couple days and . . .

Thanks for your answers Guys, I'm not a "new guy", I just havn't memorized the new rules word for word yet. I did think that two test were required, just wanted a little input. There is a guy I play with that likes to debate everything, and freqeuntly intreprets the written rule in a differn't way then me. So once in a while I post things to show him how other people see things (as in REALITY).

@Festus, While your original answer wasn't altogether helpful I wasn't particularly annoyed by it. Just thought you wanted your post count up or something ;) . No need to applogize. Thanks again.

Strange that this thread got into a politness debate, I've really seen a lot worse . . .

Festus
13-11-2006, 19:15
Hi

Strange that this thread got into a politness debate, I've really seen a lot worse . . .
Which goes to show that we Warseers are generally a nice bunch of laid-back people.... ;)

*pats himself on back* :D

Festus