PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with the IG winged skull

Razerz
04-07-2005, 12:43
I am making an IG army led by a Inquisitor under the control of Tzeentch, neither the Inquisitor or the troops know something about it, they believe that they still serve the Emperor. My problem is if I should keep the winged skulls and all other Imperial motif or take them away. Anyone that have any tips and ideas?

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
04-07-2005, 12:46
Keep them. If they don't know they are under the thrall of Tzeentch, they would look & dress in their normal uniforms.

Phunting
04-07-2005, 13:15
Yeah keep them. If I was an Inquisitor and heard that a regiment had suddenly decided to remove all Imperial iconography. Well... that regiment probably wouldn't be about too much longer.

It may be possible to corrupt some of the icon slightly though, nothing obvious. Perhaps a couple of arrows here and there.

EmperorsChamp01
04-07-2005, 14:11
Yea but how do you not know if your under the power of the dark gods? Wouldnt they be acting wierd? Do you plan on playing them as IG or chaos? Could you explane more please?

Razerz
04-07-2005, 15:28
The guard company are led by the Inquisitor and he is very interested in knowledge and that have made him an servant of Tzeentch without he is aware of it. I don't have so very much more background for them yet. I am going to be play them as IG with an allied Inquisitor Lord.

LostTemplar
04-07-2005, 17:45
Most renegade Inquisitors, which unwantingly become pawns of a Dark Power, will always, up to the end, have the belief they are acting in the behalf of the Emperor. Untill, things are set in motion, and they die broken, knwoing all along they were nothing than pawns.

So, yeah, keep the eagle wings and all. Afterll, in his mind, he is acting in behalf of the Emperor. Even some "heretical" Inquisitors surely bear the Imperial Aquilla, as I'd bet Quixos did, all thw way to the end.

Khaine's Messenger
04-07-2005, 18:54
If you want a mind-game-ish symbol, use an aquilla with both eyes open. Counter's Soul Drinker novels may torque me off in many respects, but he's a clever one when it comes to "who really believes in whom" issues. :)

Brother Othorio
04-07-2005, 18:57
Yea but how do you not know if your under the power of the dark gods?

in the novel Soul Drinker the Soul Drinkers
+SPOILER ALERT+
begin to worship Tzeentch thinking he is the Emperor.. they begin to mutate, and due to their unwaivable faith in the Emperor believe them to be gifts from the Emperor.. the 'Emperors' sends them visions that leads them to cleanse a planet that has been defiled by Nurgle.. only once they are done does Tzeentch (or a daemon thereof) reveal that they have been serving him all along..

Brusilov
04-07-2005, 19:07
Indeed Templar is right, it derives from the idea of Exitus Acta Probat. In the end you end up justifying the most horrible blasphemy to the Emperor for the protection of the Imperium.

Razerz
05-07-2005, 08:42
Okey, then I will keep the eagles and winged skulls, but maybe corrupt them a bit. I am going to use the =I= symbol with an eye in the middle from the IG psyker on my Inquisitor, and all my IG officers are going to look like psykers.

mostholycerebus
05-07-2005, 08:57
Make sure you paint them up in blue and gold, the colors of tzeench.