PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy, how's this for a list?

IronNerd
11-11-2006, 06:16
As the subject implies, I'm new to the Fantasy world, and the WarSeer forums. Here's what I have come up with so far.

Warboss w/ Armour of Gork, Shield, Add. Choppa
Big Boss Standard Bearer w/ Light Armour, Mork's Spirit Totem
Goblin Shaman w/ Staff of Sneaky Stealin'
Night Goblin Big Boss w/ The Pipes of Doom, Lucky's Dirk, Light Armour, Shield
2 x 29 Boyz w/ Shields, Command
2 x 35 Night Goblins w/ Spears, Nets, Command
3 x Spear Chukka
Boar Chariot
Giant
Doom Diver
5 x Squip Hoppers
2 x 5 Wolf Riders w/ Shields, Shortbows, Musician

There might be a few things to sort out, but let me know what you think. Thanks.

Einholt
11-11-2006, 06:32
Looks pretty sweet for ur first list man. I thought about a similar army I think itll play out rather well, my two suggestions perhaps try out the new spider riders in place of wolves and never leave home without fanatics, they are simply the best reason to play night goblins, netters are great but I would prioratize fanatics above em even with the new rules "nerf". I have a mini orc and goblin army from the skull pass + sum personal additions. The spider ignore terrain rule is fantastic. GL and welcome =)

Falkman
11-11-2006, 06:59
That list looks pretty good.
As Einholt said, Fanatics for your Night goblins is almost a must have.
Concerning Spider riders vs Wolf riders, that's more of a personal taste question, they are very similar, wolves have longer movement, but spiders move through terrain, so in the long run they about equal up in usefulness, depends a little on how the tables are set up with terrain and such.
In my 2000 pts list I use one unit of spiders and two units of wolves.
The wolves are good for getting to the job very fast, while the spiders can be safely deployed behind terrain or to take a path through much terrain.
I'd suggest perhaps trying to give your warboss some more protection, as it is now he will go down very easily from anything with a little punch.
I've put my warboss on a boar for this reason, with light armour, enchanted shield and the boar he comes to a respectable 2+ armour save, combined with your +1T armour that's pretty nice, but, that's just how I'd do it (well, I have heavy armour on mine, since he's a black orc).