PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Daemon Army Viable?

Kittah
11-11-2006, 06:08
Looking at the range, I've decided that the Daemonettes (despite their age) are some of the nicer models available. They're also very useful as they can be used in both 40K and Fantasy.

Anyway, to that end I was considering a Daemon-heavy Chaos army, but was wondering if this is a viable list at all? I can imagine it's probably not an 'all-takers' kind of list and is not very robust, yet I can imagine it also hits relatively fast and hard.

What are peoples' thoughts?

zak
11-11-2006, 07:48
I've used a cult of Slaanesh army a couple of times with a lot of Daemonettes and mounted Daemonettes. It's very fast, but fragile. Get a daemon prince rather than a Greater Dameon, there cheaper and you can tailor it to suit your needs.

Mephistofeles
11-11-2006, 08:15
It is absolutely viable, I used to play an all Daemonette-list when SoC still was "Allowed" and it used to crush most foes quick and mercilessly. T3 and
5+ Ward is not so fragile as it seems, it works wonders...

I think an army with a lot of daemonettes, a Daemon Prince, some Mounted Daemonettes (If you feel they are worth the points) and a bunch of Chaos Warriors would be good. Maybe some marauders instead of Warriors, and Marauder Horsemen instead of the Mounted Daemonettes perhaps...

Still, it works, is quite good, and damn cool.