PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Tournament Tzeentch

pcgamer72
11-11-2006, 19:56
Hey everyone. I have very recently started playing a Tzeentch army. After having played Lizardmen and experiencing quite a bit of success with them, I was ready for a change. The tournament that I will be attending is in two weeks, and I am trying to get a list ready for it.

However, having only played Chaos for a few weeks now, I don't have much experience with them yet, so I thought I would post my current, extremely volatile, list on here and see what input y'all might have.

Chaos Lord- MoT, Staff of Change, Great Weapon, Shield

Exalted Champion- MoT, Power Familiar, Great Weapon, Shield

Exalted Champion- MoT, Great Weapon, Shield

13 Chaos Warriors- MoT, Full Command, Banner of Wrath

14 Chaos Warriors- MoT, Full Command

5 Marauder Horsemen- Champion, Flails

10 Horrors

3 Dragon Ogres- Great Weapons

I have modified the list 2-3 times already, each time changing more and more, and the results are improving, so I know I must be moving in the right direction, but I don't think I'm there yet.

Any response will be appreciated.

metro_gnome
11-11-2006, 21:20
like to see one of these exalted become a aspiring BSB... drop the other...
The re rolled break tests help with the biggest weakness of Tzeench... psych...

like to see some knights... and a chariot...
drop a warriors unit for some of this...

that should fill it out a bit...

The Thnikkaman
12-11-2006, 05:03
You should seriously consider a unit of screamers. I've found screamers to be very useful when i play my Tzeentch mortals army, if not for slashing up ratling guns then for killing war machine crews and lone wizards. Their T4, S4, 2A, and 2W makes them a very very good flyer. It doesnt have to be a large unit either - 3 for 99 points is a good unit size.

Also the army could use some bulking up. Chaos warriors die all too easily.

Your army is very very small for 2k and will be vastly outnumbered by pretty much any other army. Being outnumbered by brettonian knights is never a good thing :P

DeathlessDraich
12-11-2006, 11:35
Further suggestions:
1) Combining the warrior units into 1 block of 18.
2) Discard 1 unit of Marauder Horsemen

This will release pts for either Screamers or Chosen Knights as suggested above and possibly adding Flamers.

der_lex
12-11-2006, 12:41
Drop the horrors (they're a hideously expensive support unit that won't do any good if there's only 10 of them) and put in some screamers instead. I'd also think some knights would do you a lot of good, and a disc/golden eye for your lord, but I don't see where you could find the points for them.

As mentioned above, a Battle Standard Bearer is a great addition for any Tzeentch army.
Being outnumbered is not necessarily a problem for Tzeentch, if you play the waiting game and soften the enemy up with magic first.

pcgamer72
13-11-2006, 23:03
After reading y'all's suggestions and doing some more playtesting, I have edited my list a good bit. The tournament is 2150 points, not 2000 like I had first thought, so this list includes those updates as well.

Chaos Lord- Chaos Steed, MoT, Staff of Change, Great Weapon, Shield

Exalted Champion- MoT, Great Fang, Shield

Aspiring Champin- MoT, Great Weapon, Shield

13 Chaos Warriors- MoT, Full Command, Banner of Wrath

10 Horrors

3 Dragon Ogres- Great Weapons

1 Chaos Chariot

4 Chaos Knights- Chosen, MoT

5-7 Furies (I can't remember exactly how many right this moment)

I have had quite a bit of success with the Horrors so far, but I do wish that it was a unit of 12 instead of 10. If hte Furies are indeed 7 models strong, I may drop a couple to pick up two Horrors. Other than that, I could drop a unit of Marauder Horsemen to add them in and then have some points 55 or so points left to fill it out some more.

Thanks for the advice so far :)

Reinnon
14-11-2006, 19:13
get a halbard instead of a great weapon if your mounted, same effect minus the strike last bit...or even go for a flail.

i know its a bit cliche but a few dispel scrolls couldn't hurt

pcgamer72
14-11-2006, 22:13
get a halbard instead of a great weapon if your mounted, same effect minus the strike last bit...or even go for a flail.

i know its a bit cliche but a few dispel scrolls couldn't hurt

Yeh, I've been thinking about a dispell scroll, just trying to figure out what I want to rearrange to do it. The weapon I gave to the mounted character isn't a GW, but I probably didn't put down the correct name for the weapon. It slips my mind again right now, but it's from the beast book. It denies armor saves.