PDA

View Full Version : At-43 copycats!

Maguni
11-11-2006, 22:15
I dare you to tell me this doesn't look like the son of a terminator and tau stealth suit XV25

http://www.at-43.com/img/viewer/all_grd/f_r_una_TacArm_01.jpg

baphomael
11-11-2006, 22:17
That might be, because, Adrian Smith has done some of the concept work for this game.

Damien 1427
11-11-2006, 22:48
I'll tell you now that's not the bastard lovechild of a Terminator and a Stealth Suit.

Unless you consider most sci-fi powered armour designs to be, in some form or another, ripoffs of 40k.

tabletopnews
12-11-2006, 00:26
I dare you to tell me this doesn't look like the son of a terminator and tau stealth suit XV25

It doesn't look like the son of a Terminator and Tau Stealth Suit.

If anything it looks more influenced by early sci-fi or Pulp fiction than anything.

Not to be harsh but there was quite a body of design work done prior to the inception of GW. Not all of their work is original and unique. Tyranids spring readily to mind. Especially the original Tyranid figs which were direct copies of the creatures from Aliens.

And not all work that has some slight resemblance to GW figs are copies. They may simply be inspired by the same source material.

In this case though you're way off. Those armour suits look nothing like either Terminators or Tau Stealth Suits

New Cult King
12-11-2006, 00:49
These remind me of some of the Police suits in Appleseed.

ankellagung
12-11-2006, 07:01
They have some resemblance to XV-25s, but that's probably because there are only so many ways to build a suit. To me they look inspired by Japanese style animations.

Z-chan
12-11-2006, 07:31
Looks like those suits used in the Animatrix: Second Renaissance.

Luke
12-11-2006, 08:19
Looks like those suits used in the Animatrix: Second Renaissance.

Agreed, the funny thing is I was watching that exact cartoon yesterday. Creepy.

Those minis kick ****, its a shame they come pre-painted.

jazzdude78
12-11-2006, 08:42
I see more of the power armor from Mongoose in it than anything gw really

A neutral shade of black.
12-11-2006, 14:47
None of their work is original and unique.

Fixed it for you. ;)

The fact is, GW have ripped a lot of sources off. That doesn't make those sources disappear. Occasionally, some people use the same sources that GW pillaged. Especially when those people are people who used to work for GW.