PDA

View Full Version : Gdub Models?!

Hate Train
12-11-2006, 00:41
Rogue Traders require players to participate with Games Workshop models only, but my question is this: Are models that are produced by Gamesworkshop, but converted into different units than their original purpose legal in a Rogue Trader tournament?

Falkman
12-11-2006, 00:50
I assume you mean for example using Men-at-arms as Grave guard?
If that's what you mean, then yes, it should be legal.
You must use GW models, but what you use them as is up to you.

12-11-2006, 02:25
within reason meaning you cant take dwarfs with handweapn and sheild throw putty on their gut and claim they are ogres with greatweapons

(Im sure someone tried it)

Griefbringer
12-11-2006, 06:24
within reason meaning you cant take dwarfs with handweapn and sheild throw putty on their gut and claim they are ogres with greatweapons

(Im sure someone tried it)

At least they would need to be re-based on 40x40 mm bases. ;)

Festus
12-11-2006, 07:28
...and it certainly depends on the amount of putty that goes with each dwarf :D

Festus

T10
12-11-2006, 08:45
Rogue Traders require players to participate with Games Workshop models only, but my question is this: Are models that are produced by Gamesworkshop, but converted into different units than their original purpose legal in a Rogue Trader tournament?

I would assume that evaluating converted or "count-as" models is up to the tournament organizers. Bear in mind that the restriction is as much a method of quality control as it serves to encourage players to buy the relevant product.

Your "counts-as" models should fit the theme of the army. Bretonnian Men-at-Arms converted into Vampire Counts Grave Guard would work best if you also use converted Bretonnian Knights. Sprinkle some Man-at-Arms bits among your Zombies and Skeletons and you're good to go.

Your army should be a show-case for the hobby.

-T10

Arhalien
12-11-2006, 11:46
Do restrictions on the make of models you can use only apply in tournaments, or is it the same in store. So, for example, if you had made a nipponese army(models only) usign historical minis (with rules for another army) would you not be able to use it in store? I understand different stores can have different rules, but what do you think would be the general reaction?

gortexgunnerson
12-11-2006, 11:59
Most stores wont let you play with non GW stuff being as they want you to buy their minitures. You can generally get away with a few models snuck into your army without anyone complaining but a whole army will get spotted and you will more then likely be told you cant game with them

Griefbringer
12-11-2006, 14:10
GW stores are to my knowledge strictly "GW only" when it comes to models, independent stores (and tournaments) should be more leniable - at least if they have sold you those models.

T10
12-11-2006, 15:39
At a GW store, are you a guest or are you a customer. As a guest you should respect the rules of the house. As a customer you should have the respect of the store.

However you can hardly qualify as a customer when you promoting a different company's products...

-T10

12-11-2006, 21:14
Id let you play

heck I enjoy fun games if you used toothpicks on bases wit a tag saying slayer Id let it...tournament is different.

Id even let you use the grey/pewter colored army for a few times as you get used to what you want and get time to play

of course Ive never played at a gw store