PDA

View Full Version : New Rules and SKaven

Gimp
12-11-2006, 07:29
With the new 7th edition of Warhammer Fantasy it says you can always target characters with shooting and spells if they are not in a unit. So does that mean one can always target skaven weapons teams like the warpfire thrower and the ratling gun.

Gorbad Ironclaw
12-11-2006, 07:33
Yes, it does.

Festus
12-11-2006, 07:47
And it is a very good thing, too!

Festus

T10
12-11-2006, 08:07
You just have to be more careful. The enemy can't shoot at them if they can't see them.

-T10

ZomboCom
12-11-2006, 18:48
Interestingly the weapons team targetting rules are now somewhat odd.

Since they are US2 skirmishers they shouldn't get -1 to shoot at any more either, but if they are within 3" of the parent unit they qualify for targetting as if they were a single character on foot, so will get the -1.

Festus
12-11-2006, 20:56
Hi

Interestingly the weapons team targetting rules are now somewhat odd.

Since they are US2 skirmishers they shouldn't get -1 to shoot at any more either, but if they are within 3" of the parent unit they qualify for targetting as if they were a single character on foot, so will get the -1.There is nothing odd about it: There is no -1 for targetting single characters on foot.

There is a -1 to target single characters on foot with US1, though (the same modifier as for skirmishers of US1)...

cf. p. 28, 74

Festus

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-11-2006, 08:34
As Festus said, there isn't anything about it. The weapon teams lost there proctection, and doesn't qualify for the addition -1 to hit either.

13-11-2006, 14:37
You just have to be more careful. The enemy can't shoot at them if they can't see them.

-T10

and you can't shoot me if you cant see me either

Atrahasis
13-11-2006, 16:39
and you can't shoot me if you cant see me either

Skaven are immensely powerful when engaged to the front. Average troops with a 4+ save and Ld10 for 5 points a model is nothing to be sniffed at.

The one thing skaven fear is being flanked or raer-charged. Ratling guns anf warpfire throwers, with the introduction of 7th edition, have been forced into a role that (IMO) they should have always had - flank and rear protection. The teams hide away to the sides and rear of the army, and any units that pop up in a position to negate ranks are roasted and/or perforated.

If you rely on using weapons teams offensively to win with skaven then you're doing something wrong.

Crazy Harborc
13-11-2006, 18:24
Not too many (known)Skaven players around this area. After reading the above about the teams being better targets........I say BRING EM' ON!!

Saaayeee, maybe they will have to wear orange vests:D

Gimp
14-11-2006, 03:19
I was thinking that they can also help out in close combat by shooting into it. yes you will lose some rats but lets be honest who cares.

FatOlaf
14-11-2006, 12:22
I wept when I saw what had happened to weapons teams, but I am a big believer in that the remedy is to simply let them go inside the unit, with the parent unit taking the risk if the thing blows up.
:skull:

Gimp
14-11-2006, 12:38
Can they do that.

Gorbad Ironclaw
14-11-2006, 13:01
No, they can't.

Festus
14-11-2006, 13:08
Right: Only characters may join units. Units may not join up with other units.

Festus

Gimp
14-11-2006, 13:48
Well thats what i though. I dont think it would even be that good unless you could stand and shoot againts charges.

NakedFisherman
14-11-2006, 14:36
Skaven are immensely powerful when engaged to the front.

Hardy? Yes. Powerful? Hell no.

Like I've said in the past, Weapon Teams (specifically Ratling Guns) made a lot of units redunandant. In cases where Skaven needed to cause casualties (Unbreakable, Stubborn, or just plain hard troops like Dwarfs) they often can't. Weapon Teams solved this issue completely.

Now with Weapon Teams taking the role they should've always had, perhaps we'll see who the true Skaven players are. :)