PDA

View Full Version : 1st Company Question...

Fusion
12-11-2006, 11:04
Hi All,

It certainly has been quite a while since I posted a new thread here, but having recently gotten back into 40k after quite a long holiday from it, the new Terminator models have taken my interest and I have a question for you all.

How does one create a legitmate 1st Company force with all models equipped with Terminator Armour? Perhaps I'm a little behind the times, but I would love to paint up an Imperial Fists city-fight themed 1st Company force. So, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Simsandwich
12-11-2006, 11:19
Deathwing Army List out of Codex Dark Angels.
You will need Codex Space Marines and Dark Angels.

RampagingRavener
12-11-2006, 11:19
You could try using the Dark Angel Deathwing rules and paint them up Imperial Fists style, that would let you feild an all Terminator/Dreadnought/Land Raider army.

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it. :(

Fusion
12-11-2006, 11:24
Cheers, guys. So I'll be needing the Dark Angels' codex eh? How far away is this new codex from being released?

Freak Ona Leash
12-11-2006, 11:32
Cheers, guys. So I'll be needing the Dark Angels' codex eh? How far away is this new codex from being released?
I believe February. Though, there are rumours that the full Deathwing armies will be scrapped in it. The current mini-'dex still contains legal rules for Deathwing however.

Vesica
12-11-2006, 19:13
If you cant find any rules that suite you, you could use them in "fluff battles" and friendly games, or even just keep them on display

Gen.Steiner
12-11-2006, 19:27
Basically, the Deathwing list runs as follows:

All terminators cost +5pts and are Stubborn. All models must wear Terminator Armour. Terminator Squads become Troops choices. Dreadnoughts remain Elite. Land Raiders remain Heavy Support.

Drop Pods, Land Raiders, Dreadnoughts, Terminator Assault, Terminator, and Terminator HQ squads are the only options open to the Deathwing list.

Check out Tactica: Deathwing in the Tactics section of the forum for more info. :)

BodhiTree
12-11-2006, 20:41
A red-shirt (I know, I know...) told me this week that the list is probably going to be dictated by what you equip the Commander with. So, if he has a Bike - Ravenwing, Terminator Armour - Deathwing, Power Armour - Regular Schmoes. The DA thread in the Rumour Forum is probably going to be far more helpful.

Brimstone
12-11-2006, 21:00
I Though, there are rumours that the full Deathwing armies will be scrapped in it.

Utter rubbish.

Freak Ona Leash
12-11-2006, 21:31
Utter rubbish.
Meh, well that is good to know. Guess I shouldnt believe evrything I hear on B and C

Minister
12-11-2006, 23:57
Next question: how can I get an 8th company army? :)

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 00:00
8th (Devastator) Reserve Company, right?

Hmm. OK, you'd have to Trait it. Devastators as Elites and Heavy Support, backed up by a couple of Tac Squads from one of the other Reserve Companies or a Battle Company. HQ would be 8th Coy.

That help? :p

BodhiTree
13-11-2006, 00:04
The 9th is Devastators, the 8th is Assault. So, take Blessed Be The Warriors, and if you want uniformity then No Mercy, No Respite - with that you could actually field 60 Assault Marines in an army, although you probably wouldn't want to. Take some Scouts as Troop choices.

I've actually collected an army according to those traits, it's over 30 Scouts and 30 Assault Marines total - so far. :)

Onisuzume
13-11-2006, 08:15
The 9th is Devastators, the 8th is Assault. So, take Blessed Be The Warriors, and if you want uniformity then No Mercy, No Respite - with that you could actually field 60 Assault Marines in an army, although you probably wouldn't want to. Take some Scouts as Troop choices.

I've actually collected an army according to those traits, it's over 30 Scouts and 30 Assault Marines total - so far. :)
Yes, but scouts aren't assault marines, so I'd have to think that "Take the fight to them" would be an more appropiate trait.

ss_cherubael
13-11-2006, 09:05
raven wing army painted how ever u want to paint them

Gen.Steiner
13-11-2006, 09:59
The 9th is Devastators, the 8th is Assault.

D'oh! Yep.

Well, in that case, hell, you could have (almost) the entire company in one FOC:

Take The Fight To Them and No Mercy No Respite gives you Furious Charging "Tac" Marines with bolt pistols and chainswords. Stick 'em in their Rhinos and you have up to 60 dismounted assault marines.

Then you've got 30 in the Fast Attack bracket... and the remaining 10 in the HQ. :D

If you wanted most of them with jump packs then Blessed Be The Warriors and Take The Fight To Them is the way forwards, I think.