PDA

View Full Version : the thunder lizard, will it work?

ardude
12-11-2006, 19:12
I played at a fanatic not to long ago (2200 pts), and I was playing with my lizardmen. I found my saurus blocks (of quetzl doing a great job with their T4 3+ save and LD9 re-roll 3d6, but my saurus cafalry manedged to throw a 1 2 times on their totum of haunchi ( both times needed a 2), and also failed their stupidety tests at some wrong momants.
the kroxigors did a good job vs bretonia but simply got shot away by 2 bolt throwers on a hill and killed by 7 charging wardancers.
so I fought of this new list:

Lizardmen host of quetzl

Slann second gen BSB general
dadium of power
plague of tepok
cupped hands of the old ones
totum of prophercy

18 temple guards shield
banner
jaguar standard ( they break alot units but I wan't them to run those units down 2)

3x20 saurus warriors of quetzl.
banner
1 unit has a musician.

3x10 skinks

2 salamanders

Dtrik
12-11-2006, 19:16
Hell yeah, I like it alot. Super fast TGs sounds great:)

Juhaaha
12-11-2006, 19:57
The cupper hand Of The Old Ones isnt so great. Take the plaque of protection for Slann.

And make one unit of skinks scouting

Adept
13-11-2006, 13:50
I think you lack punch and versatility in the combat phase. You will really have to watch out for units double-teaming your Saurus, and for fast hard-hitting enemies like Cavalry units. I suggest refusing a flank during deployment.

ardude
13-11-2006, 15:54
I got the cupped hands of the old ones cous my slann never dies, almost never even gets shot, but my temple guard alwais die fast cous they concentrate their fire on them.

and I don't got points left to make the skinks scouts and an extra deploitmant unit is also very handfull

@ adept think ur right about the hitting power, now I think about it, a block saurusses flanking another block will only negate ranks, and as you can't take both units their rank bonnuses.

maby I sohuld at 2 scar vetrans with great weapons, but I don't really like getting rid of a saurus block

Thargrund
15-11-2006, 21:59
hi,

Yeah its ok i like the take you have on the tactics should work well imo : )

Renegade
15-11-2006, 22:34
Nice list, more original then the skink-spam skirmish horde most players use exclusively around my area.

Adept
16-11-2006, 18:48
Nice list, more original then the skink-spam skirmish horde most players use exclusively around my area.

As a Lizardmen player, it's so hard to resist the skinks. I personally love everything about them. The rules, background, the models, their effectiveness. It's very hard to pass them up for blocks of infantry, especially when you get 24 in a box.

Gimp
16-11-2006, 20:36
Looks like a good army list to me. Maybe drop the Slann and put in an Old Blood.

ardude
17-11-2006, 13:53
don't think I'm gonno go with the old blood.
I not only like the slann more but he has LD 9 and I don't have to waste anotehr character for the battle standart

DesertDirge
17-11-2006, 14:22
I like it... you'll actually do very well until you get shot to death by skaven, dwarfs, or empire.

ardude
17-11-2006, 21:06
hmm, got a 30 skink screan and 80 T4 4+ save moddels.
don't know if that will be so hard

Goq Gar
18-11-2006, 15:51
Quetzl Saurus HO!

They are almost the necrons of the fantasy world.