PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Deamons - am I missing something??

Almost_Famous
13-11-2006, 05:47
Ok... so I'm trying to decide if I want my next fantasy army to be from the hordes of chaos book

But, i'm looking at the demons section, and first: is it just me, or does Tzeeneech (sorry about the names, i'm probably making horrible mistakes) get a lot more choices? Also, I may just be dumb or have missed it (i was flipping through it at the local store real quick) but i couldn't find rules for deamonettes on steeds of slaneesh, yet I've seen models, and GWs online store sells them - whats the deal?

th0r
13-11-2006, 05:50
The mounted daemonettes ere added later on. Tzzetch does have better options but honestly the scariest army (well daemon army) Ive ever faced was a Slaanesh daemon army. They are crazy fast and have awsome magic.

Neknoh
13-11-2006, 05:53
Thor, that was a Daemonic Legions army, the Daemonic Legion can be found in the Storm of Chaos book.

the rules for Mounted Daemonettes (or Daemonettes on Mounts of Slaanesh as they are also called, Steeds of Slaanesh are the boobyworms), can be found in both the Storm of Chaos book and in Chronicles 2004, same goes for Crom the Conqueror.

And no, all gods gets an equal ammount of daemonic choices, but, Tzeentch have a Detatchment-like unit as well

Milgram
13-11-2006, 08:55
great news!

Festus
13-11-2006, 12:13
Hi

And no, all gods gets an equal ammount of daemonic choices, but, Tzeentch have a Detatchment-like unit as well
Only partially true:

Apart from each power's Greater Daemon -
Khorne has Bloodletters and Fleshhounds, Nurgle has Plaguebearers and Nurglings, Slaneesh has Daemonettes and Mounted Daemonettes, Tzeentch has Flamers, Horrors, and Screamers. Additionally, they all get their respective Chariots and Daemonic Monstrous Cavalry in the SoC list.
Then there are DaemonPrince, Exalted Daemon and Herals (from SoC), which can be marked other than undivided and the undivided Furies.

That is one more for Tzeentch ;)

Festus

Almost_Famous
13-11-2006, 15:37
Ok, so the mounted demons and such are in the storm of chaos book - but can they be combined with the whole mortal/demon combo in the hordes of chaos, or fielded only in a pure demon army? (i never looked at the storm of chaos)

der_lex
13-11-2006, 16:28
They can be used in any chaos army, just like the Hellcannon.

The rules can be found here:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?/hordesofchaos/mtd-daemonettes/assets/mtd-daemonettes.pdf

They're definitely worth checking out, i've had a lot of positive experiences with them. Unlike the Horror/Flamer combination, which IMO is only worth it in bigger games since they're so darn expensive, points-wise...

Falkman
13-11-2006, 17:25
Only partially true:
That is one more for Tzeentch ;)

Festus
He mentioned that Tzeentch had an extra detachment like unit, but he didn't think it was enough to count as its own, since it requires Horrors and just drift along with them.
I somewhat agree with him.

TheWarSmith
13-11-2006, 19:04
Hellcannons can only be used by mortal generals.

Tzeentch has more because flamers were originally unit attachments to horrors.

Festus
13-11-2006, 19:50
Hi

Tzeentch has more because flamers were originally unit attachments to horrors.
You got your Warhammer history wrong there:

Originally, each of the 4 major powers had four types of Daemons:

Greater Daemons
Daemonic Warriors
Daemonic Steeds
Daemonic Hunting BeastsSo
Khorne was Bloodthirster, Bloodletter, Juggernaught, Fleshhounds;
Nurgle was Great Unclean One, Plaguebearers, Beast of Nurgle, Nurglings;
Tzeentch was Lord of Change, Horrors, Discs, Flamers;
Slaneesh was Keeper of Secrets, Daemonettes, Steeds of Slaneesh, Fiends of Slaneesh.

Then the powers that be thought it funny to add and deduct from this list and change the various possibilities: Since then, the Steeds of Slaneesh became a Character mount only, along with the Discs, and Screamers were added, while the Steeds for Daemonettes became something new entirely...

Festus

TheWarSmith
13-11-2006, 20:02
sorry, i meant as in game terms in 6th edition, not background.

Festus
13-11-2006, 20:19
Hi

So did I, from the original Realm of chaos Books onward, since 3rd Edition...

No need to apologize. :)
The fluff is ever changing, but I am speaking in games and army lists terms.

Festus

Neknoh
13-11-2006, 21:48
Do note, ONLY the Mounted Daemonettes from the Daemonic Legion can be included in your non-daemonic games, no Special or rare choices from the Daemonic Legion can be.

Scythe
14-11-2006, 09:52
Then the powers that be thought it funny to add and deduct from this list and change the various possibilities: Since then, the Steeds of Slaneesh became a Character mount only, along with the Discs, and Screamers were added, while the Steeds for Daemonettes became something new entirely...

Festus

Well, the original steeds of Slaanesh from the Realms of Chaos books looked a lot more like the current mounts for daemonettes (2 legs, tongue attack and all). The current steed of Slaanesh (the boobworm as people call it ;)) didn't really had an equivalent back then. They mixed up the names...

Binky
17-11-2006, 09:31
Hi

You got your Warhammer history wrong there:

Originally, each of the 4 major powers had four types of Daemons:

Greater Daemons
Daemonic Warriors
Daemonic Steeds
Daemonic Hunting BeastsSo

Nurgle was Great Unclean One, Plaguebearers, Beast of Nurgle, Nurglings;

Festus

Wasn't the Beast of Nurgle the hunting beast and the Nurglings the "Steed"? As in the Palanquin of Nurgle, a chair being carried along by a horde of nurglings.