PDA

View Full Version : Most beardy lists....

The Keeper of Secrets
13-11-2006, 16:41
On a thread recently I heard people talking about "siren bomb" lists and other such ones, and so I wanna hear the cheesiest, beardyest lists ever come across, Ill start:

9 oblits, 4 basilisk IW, sit there and shoot.
necron lots of destroyers and warroirs, same tactic as above

Ps, what idst the siren bomb list, and what does a siren bomb do?

Zerosoul
13-11-2006, 16:44
necron lots of destroyers and warroirs, same tactic as above

One quick comment and more later, but...

What else are Necrons supposed to do, honestly? Advance for the charge with the Warriors?

The Keeper of Secrets
13-11-2006, 16:45
ok true, but I'm talking more about the list

Voodoo Boyz
13-11-2006, 16:48
IW can't have 4 Basaliks. They can have 1 and then 3 Indirectly firing Defilers.

Darkseer
13-11-2006, 16:54
If you don't like the cheese, get out of the fondoo!

I bet you've never seen or played against this army, but you're going to start up another complaining thread anyway?

Str10_hurts
13-11-2006, 16:59
The siren bomb consists of a Slaanesh lord with 7-10 minor psycic powers. Rides a bike, the rest combat gear to the max.

Now one of the powers says he cannot be the target of shooting attacks. And an other to make him being stopped from being attacked in combat... so fine its a lord that cannot be killed, but will he win games???, no. But 80 (give or take) deamonnetes that will.
24'' of movement will enshure these girlies will get into combat from turn 2 :eek:

The Keeper of Secrets
13-11-2006, 17:14
If you don't like the cheese, get out of the fondoo!

I bet you've never seen or played against this army, but you're going to start up another complaining thread anyway?

I'm not complaining, I don't mind beardy lists, I just want to hear some really killy ones.

And yes I have played that list, I won hands down (nurgle)

Ratchet
13-11-2006, 17:24
And yes I have played that list, I won hands down (nurgle)

Then why complain about it?

The Keeper of Secrets
13-11-2006, 17:27
Then why complain about it?

:eek: :eek: IM NOT COMPLAINING!!:confused: I just want to hear lists, and thats a good example.

OK maybe beardy isn't the correct term. I mean a list that is geared to win above all else. Show me!

Latro_
13-11-2006, 18:24
you do realise this thread is gonna end up in flames?

:P

The Keeper of Secrets
13-11-2006, 18:32
know, but thats not my intention, I just wanna hear...you know

giner
13-11-2006, 18:34
Probable the ol' vyper army of Doom but that gone now and I was playing with CC Chaos that wasn't any type of bomb or delivery system.

ZigZagMan
13-11-2006, 18:46
Crash and Burn, Baby!!! Crash and Burn!!!
List are only beardy if you take to face people who don't gear thier lists towards each other ( like a tournament army should be)
That being said, Armored company is pretty BS.

Yog_Sothoth
13-11-2006, 18:54
Hm, the beardiest Ive come across was a 3 dozen starcannons of doom list, followed by a first turn charge 13th company with a bike-commander or whatever the wulfies call them. Ouch.

CrimsonTider
13-11-2006, 18:59
I always liked the Blood Angel list with 6 squads of 5 scouts each with naked veteran sgts and devestator squads with no heavy weapon and naked vet sgts, and then taking two chaplains on top of that, all to maximize death company numbers so you can have a 30+ squad of DC...

I play blood angels, and I would cry "foul" at that list!

xibo
13-11-2006, 19:20
I'm just wondering why noone has mentioned the 3 wraithlords in 750 pts ...
EDIT: as I just saw on another thread here you can field 3 of them in even 500 pts

Diomedes
13-11-2006, 20:03
I'm going back a bit now cause I'm an old git but back in RT their was the dreaded "Mentor Legion" now those guys were a pain in the ****!

Or what about the first Space Wolves list, now that was an entire army for beardies!

Still thats part of the fun, a bloke at the GW I worked in WAAAYYYY back had a squad of Mentor legion that he bought to games evenings and it was great fun to watch on the odd occasion he got wiped out.

See when people take games THAT seriously it all the more fun when they lose and you watch them throw a tantrum or cry.

bamber
13-11-2006, 20:22
ive seen the 11 crisis army is pretty nasty with jumping out of site in the assault phase

or eldar air cav with tanks that go 36" in one turn and its 2 dice pik the lowest to damage them that can be pretty annoying as my railguns found out

tehgeist
13-11-2006, 21:10
Hi,

ok here we go one of my oponents at a local tourney.
'nids
2 Hive Tyrants
2 small troops of termagounts
4 Carnifexes
3 Zoanthrophes

but the were eldar player with vyper of doom with starcannons of doom
simply passing all 4+ rolls and thats the end of this nids army

mh two beardy lists coulide in a gargantuan battle of beards:D

Ratchet
13-11-2006, 21:36
:eek: :eek: IM NOT COMPLAINING!!:confused: I just want to hear lists, and thats a good example.

apologies, my fault. no harm, no foul and all those other cliches designed to help remove your foot from your mouth.

UnRiggable
13-11-2006, 22:30
Here's another one: Two squads of five scouts, then nine land speeder tornadoes. Sound familiar? (*cough*lordrevan*cough*)

Another is the Word bearers one with nothing but chaos marines with lascannons and tank hunters.

Kahadras
14-11-2006, 00:44
Worst list I've faced in a long time was a mechanised Eldar army. A Farseer, 2 small squads of storm Guardians (both in Wave Serpents), 3 Vypers and 2 tricked out Falcon. Very annoying to play if your Space Wolves and don't possess that much anti tank firepower. Managed to grind out a draw but still really didn't enjoy the game at all.

Kahadras