PDA

View Full Version : Death Korp of Krieg Army.

Great_Destroyer
14-11-2006, 04:04
This is my ongoing krieg army, I plan this to be may largest army I do cause I love the models and the fluff about them, don't expect many up dates on this cause forge world is slow and I'm slow, and school and the girl friend get in the way but the are more important... ok enough about that, so the armys name is the 146th kreig support battery with its own artillary company and maybe even an arored company eventually.
So with out further a-do:
WiP Medusa:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Great_Destroyer_album/Krieg001.jpg
Diffrent Angle: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Great_Destroyer_album/Krieg002.jpg
Crew compartment(not done justice):http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Great_Destroyer_album/Krieg003.jpg

And the test model for the infantry:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Great_Destroyer_album/Krieg004.jpg
The black armor will be painted white as well, as I didnt like how the black looked with the grey coat and the white trousers, and the boots and gloves will bw redone to brown leather instead of black.

C & C is most welcome.

Codsticker
14-11-2006, 05:41
I like the back of the medusa- although I'd like some subtle discolouration on the bottm parts I still think it looks great. The snow looks good too. I can't help but think there should be some brown-ish muddy snow as well though.

Still learning
14-11-2006, 08:46
ah i will follow this closley, I order my DKs soon. 1 platoon (2 squads and a command when they come) and some auto cannons. Can't wait.

Pertinax
14-11-2006, 09:57
Careful when you put the snow on. It's backing powder right?

Irrespective, varnish the area you want to snow first. Otherwise, you will risk the colour of the section under seeping up into the snow. You can see a tendency to that happening around the blue of the lenses on the medusa.

Great_Destroyer
14-11-2006, 14:35
Hey thx for the feed back so far, I'm really excited about this army, and to answer your questionb Pertinax yes thats the baking soda see, I mas mistake on trying to paint the lense(which I thin kare the best I've ever done) after I did the snow so thats why its running the color. I'll be finishing the heavy bolter team this week and ill show some other WiP's.

schoolcormorant
14-11-2006, 15:34
yes it's awesome. the only thing is, and i see you know it yourself is that the compartment looks like you've forced a tank brush in and shaken it about!
the colours are really nice, really subtle. looking forward to some infantry - you and i both know, from my log that IG armies take a bit of work.

SC

scrubout
14-11-2006, 15:49
Yes, I look forward to seeing your progress with this army! You have an excellent start so far!

-peace out
scrubout:skull:

Great_Destroyer
18-11-2006, 17:26
Small update:
Little more work on the test heavy bolter team:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Great_Destroyer_album/Krieg007.jpg
and some WiP troops:
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/Great_Destroyer_album/Krieg006.jpg
Not alot but progress, o and wait till my christmas presents from FW:)

As befor C & C welcome.

Pertinax
18-11-2006, 17:48
I wouldn't put snow on the wheels of the heavy weapons. They will have been moved around quite recently (presumably) since they are not in emplacements.

Nice, otherwise.

Great_Destroyer
19-11-2006, 03:51
Sry, you can't tell form the photo but the "earth" infornt of the Hv. Bolter is banked up to look more of an encampment, so the snow stays.

Deadleyheadley
19-11-2006, 11:55
Looking good mate ,your making me want to start mine :D ,I will keep my eye on this thread.

Zodiac
19-11-2006, 13:50
Looking good mate ,your making me want to start mine :D ,I will keep my eye on this thread.

Which you should be starting as we speak.
Looking great man! Love the white on the armour!

Getz
19-11-2006, 14:14
I love the fact that you've put them in the snow - that looks so striking...

I'm assuming they're mean to be urban bases, as they look pretty grey, in which case some rubble would be a big improvement.

You could impove the interior of the Medusa significantly but giving it a very thin brown ink wash...

Great_Destroyer
19-11-2006, 14:55
City Fight um no sry, they are form an ash waste (artic) plant, me and a few of my freinds have started working on the 4 x 8 table last month I think and are half way done but the won't let me put snow on it too....:( , as its not only for my army but his too.

so no pics this time but I'll be making progress bacause school gets out soon for thanksgiving.
Thx Getz, I'll try that tonight, it will end up looking simialar to the treads won't? thats a flesh wash though, I don't have the brown ink any more.

Getz
19-11-2006, 15:17
City Fight um no sry, they are form an ash waste (artic) plant, me and a few of my freinds have started working on the 4 x 8 table last month I think and are half way done but the won't let me put snow on it too....:( , as its not only for my army but his too.

Oh, okay. In which case, could I suggest a brown wash over the base would make it look a little more earthy and a little less "tarmac-y"

so no pics this time but I'll be making progress bacause school gets out soon for thanksgiving.
Thx Getz, I'll try that tonight, it will end up looking simialar to the treads won't? thats a flesh wash though, I don't have the brown ink any more.

Yes it will, but more pertinently it will look a bit more like metal and a bit less like silver drybrushed over black... ;)

For future reference, in practice most tanks have their interiors painted either white, pale grey or the same colour as the exterior. Bare metal finishes were almost unheard of (except with the Russians during the middle of WWII, when they were rushing tanks to the front with the minimum of preparation. In leningrad they even took to the streets in natural metal finishes, although that would look more like a burnished grey finish in 28mm scale). Even when German tank crews used to scrape the whte paint off the interoir of their tanks (high velocity paint flecks are dangerous) it only exposed the red oxide primer underneath...

Arhalien
19-11-2006, 16:50
Looking nice, I really like the white armour.

Is it just me or do the Death Korps look very like armageddon Steel Legion?

konrad
19-11-2006, 16:58
they are kinda based on the models from the codex.

Loving the White Armour can't wait to see more man