PDA

View Full Version : Goblin horde army?

Punk_in_Drublic
14-11-2006, 08:46
I've seen a couple of pure goblin lists floating around here, but not what I think of as a pure horde army. And by pure horde army, I mean sinking points into 9-11 large units. What are peoples toughts about the goblin horde, would it work, like the skaven horde? What units to choose, which heraoes to take?

I'd like to see toughts on this matter.

Later,

-Punk

Dranthar
14-11-2006, 09:09
I've seen a couple of pure goblin lists floating around here, but not what I think of as a pure horde army. And by pure horde army, I mean sinking points into 9-11 large units. What are peoples toughts about the goblin horde, would it work, like the skaven horde? What units to choose, which heraoes to take?

Off the top of my head, you could get a decent 35-40x unit of Night Gobbos for 160pts. Multiply by 10 and that gives you 400pts to play with in a 2000pt army. I'd personally put that towards fanatics and 2 heroes - a BSB and a Warboss (so they don't run away!).

Not really sure how they'd go though. :rolleyes:

Punk_in_Drublic
14-11-2006, 09:13
I'm thinking along the lines of fighting the setting and lead the night goblin horde with a common goblin. I totally agree about the fanatics part - but not go overboard with them. THe fanatics can easilly screw up my own battle plan :D

Later,

-Punk

Lord_Meretrix
14-11-2006, 21:22
IF fanatics are your battle plan, they never screw up your battle plan. units of 20 goblins with fanatics cost 147pts (no spears or anything, although i trade in shields for bows). So 10 of them is 20 fanatics and only 1470 points. that leaves 205 for the gient, 80 for the doom diver, and the rest of magic or other charictors or fast can to block them from getting to you to soon. Also, make sure you dont stack, goblin run to easy and now you have to run through a unit for it to panic and run away.

Rikkjourd
14-11-2006, 21:25
I am working on a 2250pts tournament army, pure gobbo. It has a bit of everything mixed in, is about 220 models. So far all my testing has led to disastrous results, though that may be my lack of skill rather than making a crappy list =) The guy I did most of the testing against is a complete idiot though, normally I have to help HIM even making a legal list... this is seriously concerning... [/end_rant]

Avian
15-11-2006, 14:21
I am working on a 2250pts tournament army, pure gobbo. It has a bit of everything mixed in, is about 220 models.
How the heck did you manage that? I'm running a pure gobbo (okay, so it has two pump wagons, but other than that it's only gobbos) list next monday and I have 200 models at 1500 pts.
:wtf:

Punk_in_Drublic
15-11-2006, 17:56
I'd like to see both your army lists.

Later,

-Punk

Avian
16-11-2006, 12:00
Current thinking favours the following 1500 pt list (summary only):

-GBBOF (General)
-GBSBOF
-Goblin Suicide Bomber

-30 Common Gobbos with hand weapons, light armour and shields
-30 Night Gobbos with spears and shields
-20 Night Goblins with hand weapons and shields
-20 Night Goblins with hand weapons and shields
-20 Night Goblins with short bows
-20 Night Goblins with short bows

-5 Wolf Riders
-5 Wolf Riders
-5 Spider Riders
-5 Spider Riders

4 Squig Teams
7 Squig Hoppers
Rock Lobber
2 Pump Wagons

Rikkjourd
16-11-2006, 12:42
How the heck did you manage that?

I managed it by lying! =P

Actually what I meant to say was not "pure goblins", it was "no orcs". I am changing the list now, don't know exactly how many models it will be when it's done. Before it was something like this:

1 Giant
3 Trolls
1 Rocklobba
1 Chariot
4 Chukkas

4x30 NG spearmen
2x25 NG archers
2x2 Snots
4x5 Spider Riders

1 BSB
1 Shaman
1 BB
1 Warboss

T10
16-11-2006, 14:10
I'd like to see toughts on this matter.

Later,

-Punk

I think it's going to have som leadership issues, so you'll need to consider taking the Red Raggedy Banner to keep them in line.

You know I usually take a bunch of Night Goblins with short bows, but I'll have you know I regret it EVERY TIME. It's that blastedly useless 16" range that annoys three separate shades of brown out of me (Scorched, Bestial and Snakebite Leather).

If at all possible, ditch the arrers for stickas!

Incidently, "Ma girly-nerd hobo " is a perfectly good anagram of "Goblin horde army".

It's a solid artillery base, but I'd advise a second chariot instead. Working as apair on offense, or on stand by to dissuade sneaky attacks on your sneaky artillery.

The english language lack the words to accurately describe how cool trolls are, so I'll have to settle for just "cool".

-T10